Poly studio

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Do you by chance know if all Poly DVC studios have balconies/patios, or is it just some? My mother-in-law, who is coming along to be the babysitter loves her a good balcony/outdoor space, and I feel like I read that only some Poly rooms have balconies, though that might just be the regular hotel rooms, not sure.
All three DVC buildings (Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago) have balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floors. First floor rooms have patios.
The non-DVC longhouses are original 1971 buildings and rooms on the 2nd floor do not have balconies.

correcaminos

We love the studios at PVB - a lot! The two showers will be nice with 2 teens and as long as both aren't really tall, the murphy bed was quite comfortable. The ones sleeping on the pull out sofas didn't find them bad at all. You can ask for egg crate to put on top and if they have them, that can help. My 10yo thinks that the sleeper sofas are way better than air mattresses (sleeps on one when visiting his grandparents). So you will hear mixed reviews on that.

Weather_Lady

That's actually a great idea, checking with both David's and DVC Rental Store! Definietly ups your chances of securing a reservation at a resort you'd most like to stay at! I'll keep this tip in my back pocket for sure for future bookings!

Also, good to hear about the space in the Poly studios. Do you by chance know if all Poly DVC studios have balconies/patios, or is it just some? My mother-in-law, who is coming along to be the babysitter loves her a good balcony/outdoor space, and I feel like I read that only some Poly rooms have balconies, though that might just be the regular hotel rooms, not sure.

With regard to making reservation requests with both companies -- just make sure you are able to stay on top of your e-mails, so you can immediately cancel any pending requests with the other company once somebody has made a reservation for you!

With regard to balconies, my understanding is that although some of the Poly hotel rooms don't have a balcony, ALL of the DVC studios have balconies (for upper floors) or patios (for ground floor). All of the ones in our longhouse (Moorea) certainly did, and they were significantly larger than any we've had at other DVC properties (VWL and BC). All four of us could sit comfortably on the balcony at once. (Discussion here appears to confirm that: https://www.disboards.com/threads/will-all-dvc-poly-studios-have-a-balcony.3389680/)

Hcalvert

Going to be staying at a DVC studio villa at Poly in October. Will be 3 adults and 1 infant (approx 2 months old). It's me, the wife, kid, and grandma who is helping be the babysitter on the trip. For this reason we're going to be giving her th ebed and wife and I will take the pullout sofa. I know pullouts are generally not that great but is it really terrible? Also, are there any special request do you think would be good to try and make, like a specific building to be in or something similiar in regards to having a small infant in tow? It's very awesome that the Poly studios have 2 showers, quite clutch! I'm super pumped for this trip becasue I've al ways wanted to stay at the Poly. Really looking forward to some resort days as well and just chilling by the pool! Any other Poly advice is always welcome (oh and I have visited Trader Sam's many times and am obsessed!!)

My husband and I slept on the pull-out bed and were fine. To me, it was not uncomfortable. I requested Tokelau because it was close to the main house and also the TTC. However, I did not get it, but did get the 3rd floor at Pago Pago facing the grass not the parking lot. I liked it and the walk was fine. Moorea has the laundry if that is a consideration for you. I suggest you get the second or third floor so that you get a balcony for sure and a good view. http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/planning/item/60-which-longhouse

Hcalvert

May I ask if you're a DVC owner or did you rent points? If you rented, how far out were you able to secure your October stay?
I ask because I'm currently on the list through dvc rental store for a stay in May'19....but no takers yet.

I rented points for my June trip and booked right at the 7 month window for DVC owners whose home resort is not PVB. I was a little risky and went onto a site that connects DVC owners and point buyers. I vetted that person before any money exchanged hands and received a contract from them. First, I checked if they owned a Disney timeshare and we both happened to be teachers, so I emailed his work email and had him reply to check if he actually worked there. He also had references, so I checked them too. It took a couple of hours, but I saved over $400 of what I would have paid through a DVC point retailer. You can never be too careful. If you don't want to go through all that, go to Dave's website. I just haven't had success with them connecting me to a member to secure my reservation. I tried two different times/years.

Hcalvert

I have heard you get great discounts this way, are you ok sharing what you paid per night for the room, was it a significant discount?

I paid $300 a night for a standard room villa in June (a total of $2100 for the week), which I believe was about a 50% savings based on Disney's rack rates. When I was looking to book something from Disney, the moderates were the same price. Of course, I had an extra adult in the room, which Disney charges for and DVC doesn't. One of my friends booked through some discount site and got a SSR 1-bdrm villa for $700 a week in the second week of July. I couldn't believe it when he told me and he said he couldn't believe that the site was offering it and it was legit. I'll have to ask him what site it was again.

Last edited:

correcaminos

With regard to making reservation requests with both companies -- just make sure you are able to stay on top of your e-mails, so you can immediately cancel any pending requests with the other company once somebody has made a reservation for you!

With regard to balconies, my understanding is that although some of the Poly hotel rooms don't have a balcony, ALL of the DVC studios have balconies (for upper floors) or patios (for ground floor). All of the ones in our longhouse (Moorea) certainly did, and they were significantly larger than any we've had at other DVC properties (VWL and BC). All four of us could sit comfortably on the balcony at once. (Discussion here appears to confirm that: https://www.disboards.com/threads/will-all-dvc-poly-studios-have-a-balcony.3389680/)

You are correct. All DVC rooms at PVB have balconies/patios. Not all hotel rooms at Polynesian have them though.

DVC took all the newer buildings that had them built in and converted them.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You are correct. All DVC rooms at PVB have balconies/patios. Not all hotel rooms at Polynesian have them though.

DVC took all the newer buildings that had them built in and converted them.

I said the same in my earlier post above:
All three DVC buildings (Tokelau, Moorea and Pago Pago) have balconies on the 2nd and 3rd floors. First floor rooms have patios.
The non-DVC longhouses are original 1971 buildings and rooms on the 2nd floor do not have balconies.

correcaminos

I said the same in my earlier post above:
Okay... and the post below had more ambiguous words that I was just saying they were correct in their understanding. Not sure if you think I was disagreeing with yours or not, but just confirming the one that had the more questioning words.

MickeyCB

Going to be staying at a DVC studio villa at Poly in October. Will be 3 adults and 1 infant (approx 2 months old). It's me, the wife, kid, and grandma who is helping be the babysitter on the trip. For this reason we're going to be giving her th ebed and wife and I will take the pullout sofa. I know pullouts are generally not that great but is it really terrible? Also, are there any special request do you think would be good to try and make, like a specific building to be in or something similiar in regards to having a small infant in tow? It's very awesome that the Poly studios have 2 showers, quite clutch! I'm super pumped for this trip becasue I've al ways wanted to stay at the Poly. Really looking forward to some resort days as well and just chilling by the pool! Any other Poly advice is always welcome (oh and I have visited Trader Sam's many times and am obsessed!!)
I
We are DVC owners at the Poly and love the resort. If you have a choice Moorea is great for 2 things, If you ask and get a lake view room and a high floor (we prefer the 3rd floor), the view is amazing. The bungalows are in front of you but you can see over them. Standing on your balcony you can see to your left the Grand Floridian, center the MK, and to right the Contemporary and the TTC. Some people do not like the horns from the boats, to me that is Disney music and says "you're here"! What is hilarious is, the joke in my family is to hate on the nightly water parade (that you can watch from your balcony), because it is so loud you will hear it in your room even with the doors closed. (I love it, they complain).
Moorea is sort of mid way between the TTC and the main building. Good and bad. Good because quick hike over to the TTC where you can grab a boat to MK or a monorail. Or the monorail to epcot. Bad because you have a little bit of a walk to the main building, dining, stores etc. But, if in no hurry fun because you can either walk between the buildings back and forth, or along the water which is picturesque.
I view the next few complaints I have regarding the studios to be first world problems, so take them with a grain of salt.
Even though the studios at the Poly are larger than some, I still feel like it is a glorified hotel room. The 2 showers are great but there is only one potty. You can schedule showers, the other not so much.
The roll out is not comfortable unless you are a teenager who doesn't care or notice. Also you have to roll out the bed each night which I find to be annoying, finding room for cushions etc. I much prefer the one bedrooms available at other resorts, they also have rollouts, but feel roomier.
I am 5'1" and sitting on the comfortable chairs of the balcony I can only see the rail. My husband 6', says he also can have limited ability to see. But, with all that whining would not give up that view for anything and love my morning coffee time on that balcony!
We had the pleasure of staying in the bungalows one trip (oh baby)! Those were amazing! That of course was a one and done unless that lottery ticket comes through.

correcaminos

I
We are DVC owners at the Poly and love the resort. If you have a choice Moorea is great for 2 things, If you ask and get a lake view room and a high floor (we prefer the 3rd floor), the view is amazing. The bungalows are in front of you but you can see over them. Standing on your balcony you can see to your left the Grand Floridian, center the MK, and to right the Contemporary and the TTC. Some people do not like the horns from the boats, to me that is Disney music and says "you're here"! What is hilarious is, the joke in my family is to hate on the nightly water parade (that you can watch from your balcony), because it is so loud you will hear it in your room even with the doors closed. (I love it, they complain).
Moorea is sort of mid way between the TTC and the main building. Good and bad. Good because quick hike over to the TTC where you can grab a boat to MK or a monorail. Or the monorail to epcot. Bad because you have a little bit of a walk to the main building, dining, stores etc. But, if in no hurry fun because you can either walk between the buildings back and forth, or along the water which is picturesque.
I view the next few complaints I have regarding the studios to be first world problems, so take them with a grain of salt.
Even though the studios at the Poly are larger than some, I still feel like it is a glorified hotel room. The 2 showers are great but there is only one potty. You can schedule showers, the other not so much.
The roll out is not comfortable unless you are a teenager who doesn't care or notice. Also you have to roll out the bed each night which I find to be annoying, finding room for cushions etc. I much prefer the one bedrooms available at other resorts, they also have rollouts, but feel roomier.
I am 5'1" and sitting on the comfortable chairs of the balcony I can only see the rail. My husband 6', says he also can have limited ability to see. But, with all that whining would not give up that view for anything and love my morning coffee time on that balcony!
We had the pleasure of staying in the bungalows one trip (oh baby)! Those were amazing! That of course was a one and done unless that lottery ticket comes through.

We timed the walk from the far end of Moorea to the GCH during the construction of the Oasis pool and it was never even 5 minutes (always 3-4 minutes) So even that walk isn't far. Polynesian is not a particularly large resort.

I'm not sure I get the complaint about the glorified hotel room. That's what studios are. In fact most studios do not have 2 showers. My dad found the pull out to be fine. Same with the murphy bed being used by my son.

I do agree the bungalows are awesome, but we can only do them now and then if we want to go a couple times a year.

yaksplat

We just got back from the poly today in a stay at a DVC studio. 3045 Moorea; third floor looking at Pago Pago. It was by far the most spacious room i had been in at WDW and there were 5 of us in the room. We shared the queen and two kids on the pull out and one on the fold out. The only issue was that my son on the fold out kept hitting his head. I blame him though.

We can't wait to go back next year.

Dianak28

I have stayed in the Poly studio three times, two of those times it was 4 adults. We had no problems! Polynesian is my home resort, so I'll never be unhappy there haha! There are two showers which really helps having 4 adults getting ready. I think the pullout couch might have been a little uncomfortable, but I slept on the small under TV cabinet single bed and was plenty comfortable!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom