poly room ?

heathrt

What is the best buikding to request at poly to be close to everything...volcano pool and monorail. I have a garden view room.

I just have a soft spot for Tokelau, really close to the beach while still being a good distance from the pool and monorail. Plus it's the most recently renovated building, so the rooms are slightly larger. The size difference is negligible though. The view and closeness to the beach is what draws me in.

Upvote 0

ProfSlim

Samoa, first floor, nothing better in my mind. Unless you pay your way, or sometimes get the unexpected surprise upgrade, into Hawaii !!!

Upvote 0

tikiman

Any of the buildings around the quiet pool (Rarotonga, Niue, Samoa, Tokelau and Hawaii (club level) are going to be close to the pools, boat, bus, GCH and short walk to the TTC for the Epcot Monorail. Tokelau has larger rooms out of all these and has a few rooms that can see the castle. Samoa has some rooms that see the lagoon.

Upvote 0

Polydweller

The Poy is not very spread out. I've measured it with a GPS many times and the walk from one side to the other is 7 minutes with the furthest walk to the GCH (main building) being about 4. You could put several Poly's in the grounds of CBR or POR.

I prefer Tokelau for the reasons stated but also because it has balconies on the 2nd floor. Not all Poly buildings do.

Upvote 0

dgm21578

also curious

I also have a Garden View room at the Polynesian at the end of this month and am concerned about noise. One guide book says there is some kind of racetrack nearby and that the rooms themselves don't block noise well. I have a 5 month old we are bringing (I know that's crazy) and would love a quiet room that allows my wife to easily and safely get back and forth to the monorail by herself if the baby finishes enjoying the parks before our older kids do. We plan on spending all our time at Epcot or the Magic Kingdom while at the Polynesian; so I figure being close to the TTC would probably be better.

Any opinions on a quiet room? and what is the best way to catch the monorail? The resort stop or TTC?

Upvote 0

Polydweller

The race track is south of the TTC parking lot which is huge and really not near the Poly. I have never heard it. It's nit a concern at all.

All rooms are fine and safe and you won't have any concerns with quiet. Just go and enjoy it will be fine.

Upvote 0

alissafalco

Any of the buildings around the quiet pool (Rarotonga, Niue, Samoa, Tokelau and Hawaii (club level) are going to be close to the pools, boat, bus, GCH and short walk to the TTC for the Epcot Monorail. Tokelau has larger rooms out of all these and has a few rooms that can see the castle. Samoa has some rooms that see the lagoon.

Do you know which room numbers in Tokelau that are garden view that you can see the castle from? I also check out your site often, when's your next Poly update?

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Do you know which room numbers in Tokelau that are garden view that you can see the castle from? I also check out your site often, when's your next Poly update?

It states on his site which ones you can see the castle from, but honestly, it doesn't matter. Seldom, if you request a specific room number with Disney, will you get it. Only building and floor.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I second the Niue and Samoa. They are convenient to both, and are close to the Ceremonial House as well. Not that Poly is a sprawling resort, but I have always recommended them for the convenience.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Were there in September, had a garden view and we too were in Tokelau. It was perfect location. And we faced east so we could poke our head over the balcony railing and see the lagoon. The other hallway rooms across from us faced the quiet pool and we utilized the quiet pool quite a bit. When it rained, we were able to walk through a couple of the other out buildings and were at the GCH in no time.

Upvote 0

mpeters

Last time we stayed was in Roratonga. We were in the first room by the GCH 2nd or third floor(cant remember) with a balcony facing the parking lot. We couldnt even see the parking lot because of all the vegetation. We were however able to see the Monorail go by which delight our sons. Couldnt even here it with the balcony door closed. At of the past 6 times we stayed at POLY, this has been my favorite room, besides the free upgrade we got to Hawaii the one year.

Upvote 0

sillykid

Last time we stayed was in Roratonga. We were in the first room by the GCH 2nd or third floor(cant remember) with a balcony facing the parking lot. We couldnt even see the parking lot because of all the vegetation. We were however able to see the Monorail go by which delight our sons. Couldnt even here it with the balcony door closed. At of the past 6 times we stayed at POLY, this has been my favorite room, besides the free upgrade we got to Hawaii the one year.

3rd floor, as 2nd floor would not have a balcony. Stayed in this room two years ago. Without a doubt, a great room.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom