Poly pool not closing in Sept

tractorm3

Original Poster
This is all a mute point because I switch from the poly to CSR for our honeymoon in Sept but I wanted to bring it up. I went through the most recent list of refurbs on this site to tell what may be down during our visit. I was very upset to see the poly volcano pool listed for most of my stay. Not that I am a pool junkie but I had booked the honeymoon suite there and neither the concierge service nor my travel agent mentioned a word to me about it. So I sent the Poly concierge staff (who have been amazing) and quick email telling them I was a little sad that no one contacted me. Here is their response:

Aloha!

Unless this information came from an official Disney website, the information you were given is incorrect. I have called the Marina at the Polynesian and there is no scheduled maintenance or scheduled down time for the pools there.

so who missed the boat on this one?

Beuford

I did read that here, but on the tikiman site it says they are not closing the pool at that time. Thank God, we are going in two weeks for a week staying in Hawaii. I trust anyone who has a site about a hotel they enjoy, he is awesome!

Lumber20

A lot of the "unofficial" sites had that info up. Same situation as you guys, would have been our entire trip. Multiple emails to Disney just in case we had to make a switch to GF and the pool refurb has always been denied. Other construction going on in September but no big deal to us. I understand these sites are just doing their best and I think this site is the best of them all, and they are just trying to inform people about a potential refurb. We all know things can change quickly with Disney as well. I guess I won't have a final opinion until our trip is over, but something about them putting out info that may not be 100% accurate bothers me. Tikiman has been on top of this one as well (Beleive he has pool closing early 2014) so for anything Poly I would check there first, he is awesome.

tractorm3

Original Poster
Just trying to correct some info for the greater good. Like I said I am not even staying there at this point but just wanted it checked.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It was on the official WDW refurb list, but has now been removed. It will be closed later though.

tikiman

Thanks for the kind words but in defense of this site and any others that posted the September dates this was information Disney sent out to many travel agencies so they posted what Disney sent them. Something similar happened in March when they sent out dates for the pool work to start in March. Unless Disney sent these sites updated info I would expect them to keep it up on their sites. I am just lucky I have some people on the inside that told me that the dates were pushed out to the beginning of next year otherwise I would still have posted the September dates. Even though I tried to get the date change out to as many as I could I can’t expect all sites to take my word for it and change their info. Sites like this one do a great job with not just Polynesian info but info all over WDW. Then again I don’t think the OP is upset with the site as much as trying to inform others and maybe comment that Disney should do a better job of getting the updated info out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom