Poly DVC Rooms

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Hi, my family is planning to rent DVC at the Poly next year (studio room). I have a few questions about the rooms as we have never stayed there.
1. Are all the rooms rethemed to Moana?
2. Do all the rooms have a queen, queen murphy and single pull down bed?
3. Do all the rooms have two bathrooms?

Thank you!

JaxFLBear

Hi, my family is planning to rent DVC at the Poly next year (studio room). I have a few questions about the rooms as we have never stayed there.

Thank you!
1. No. There are some subtle Lilo & Stitch elements.
2. Yes.
3. It's more of a split bath. One has a walk-in shower and sink, the other has a tub/shower combo, toilet and a sink.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Two bathrooms is a bit of a misnomer, they have 2 showers and 2 getting ready areas but only one toilet.

1. No. There are some subtle Lilo & Stitch elements.
2. Yes.
3. It's more of a split bath. One has a walk-in shower and sink, the other has a tub/shower combo, toilet and a sink.
Oh ok, thanks. I didn’t realize that about the bathrooms. Strange but better than one bathroom!

So are some rooms Moana and some Lilo & Stitch? Or are all DVC rooms the same?
Thank you 😊

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@DisneyDreamer08

Google Polynesian DVC Studio and you will find pictures of the newly refurbished rooms. A few vloggers have also posted videos. As @JaxFLBear said, the theme is “light” Lilo and Stitch. The Moana rooms are in the non-DVC longhouses.

Yes, all the DVC studios at the Poly are the same.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
@DisneyDreamer08

Google Polynesian DVC Studio and you will find pictures of the newly refurbished rooms. A few vloggers have also posted videos. As @JaxFLBear said, the theme is “light” Lilo and Stitch. The Moana rooms are in the non-DVC longhouses.

Yes, all the DVC studios at the Poly are the same.
Thanks so much! I have been trying to google and pull up pictures and videos but I kept getting a mix of different room styles. I very much appreciate the clarification. YouTube videos are next on my list 😊

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks so much! I have been trying to google and pull up pictures and videos but I kept getting a mix of different room styles. I very much appreciate the clarification. YouTube videos are next on my list 😊
If you are familiar with the site we cannot post here, it has a blog post with lots of photos on the room.

You will love staying there! I have a trip planned later this year and can’t wait.

correcaminos

Thank you!
Moana is in the resort rooms, not the DVC rooms the same way. The hues are similar and the IP is faaar reduced and hints to Lilo and Stitch only still.

All rooms were updated at the beginning of the year to have the two murphies. My son slept on one recently and loved them

My suggestion for the shower 1/2 bath - save it for yourself and set it to have both the rain and standard shower head going at the same time. Really nice if you like to stay warm. The tub shower is fine though and houses the toilet. Both have single sinks.

We were just there less than 2 weeks ago (and my 2nd stay since the refurb) so feel free to ask any more questions. We had a delightful stay :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Moana is in the resort rooms, not the DVC rooms the same way. The hues are similar and the IP is faaar reduced and hints to Lilo and Stitch only still.

All rooms were updated at the beginning of the year to have the two murphies. My son slept on one recently and loved them

My suggestion for the shower 1/2 bath - save it for yourself and set it to have both the rain and standard shower head going at the same time. Really nice if you like to stay warm. The tub shower is fine though and houses the toilet. Both have single sinks.

We were just there less than 2 weeks ago (and my 2nd stay since the refurb) so feel free to ask any more questions. We had a delightful stay :)
This was helpful, thanks! I like that the couch was replaced with a murphy bed.
We are a family of 4- 2 adults and our kids will be 12 and 7. There is no dresser, correct? Are there other places to keep clothing or did you just keep it all in the suitcases?

correcaminos

This was helpful, thanks! I like that the couch was replaced with a murphy bed.
We are a family of 4- 2 adults and our kids will be 12 and 7. There is no dresser, correct? Are there other places to keep clothing or did you just keep it all in the suitcases?
I hang most things so I took that and used the small drawers in the bathroom for unmentionables ;) My son had all his clothes in one drawer on the side of the bed with tons of room to spare. There's also storage in the 'coffee table' crate.

So drawers under bed. Space under bed (we kept our suitcases there). Storage in the crate coffee table. Storage in the 1/2 bath with 3 drawers I think as well as some cubby holes. Then a pretty big closet - which is what I mostly used along with one drawer in the half bath.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
One more question specific to renting.
We decided our travel dates would be 3/5/23-3/11/23 so I was able to send the request in this morning. We are officially on the waitlist. What are the chances of getting the approval sooner than the 7 month mark? I realize right now we can only rent from someone who owns at the Poly. So is it unlikely that our request would be accepted sooner rather than later?

i<3riviera

One more question specific to renting.
We decided our travel dates would be 3/5/23-3/11/23 so I was able to send the request in this morning. We are officially on the waitlist. What are the chances of getting the approval sooner than the 7 month mark? I realize right now we can only rent from someone who owns at the Poly. So is it unlikely that our request would be accepted sooner rather than later?
I'd say your chances are pretty good; there are a lot of PVB owners and I imagine a decent number that rent their points out; availability is also wide open at the moment; you're asking for a good chunk of points as well so it lets the owner take care of renting a lot of points at once; the only thing working against you is the reservation is far out in the future

the folks that will fulfill your offer now will possibly require a higher rate per point than if you waited until 7 months when someone could use any resort to book your request; essentially, you're paying for certainty; you may already know this, just didn't want you to be surprised

David's Vacation Club Rentals calls this the «Home Resort Booking Premium»

nickys

Premium Member
I'd say your chances are pretty good; there are a lot of PVB owners and I imagine a decent number that rent their points out; availability is also wide open at the moment; you're asking for a good chunk of points as well so it lets the owner take care of renting a lot of points at once; the only thing working against you is the reservation is far out in the future

the folks that will fulfill your offer now will possibly require a higher rate per point than if you waited until 7 months when someone could use any resort to book your request; essentially, you're paying for certainty; you may already know this, just didn't want you to be surprised

A caveat to this explanation is that Davids lost the goodwill of a lot of owners during the closure of the resorts and parks. Anecdotally there are fewer owners renting points out through them now than there used to be.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster

A caveat to this explanation is that Davids lost the goodwill of a lot of owners during the closure of the resorts and parks. Anecdotally there are fewer owners renting points out through them now than there used to be.
Thank you both. This is our first time renting DVC (but we are experienced Disney travelers otherwise) so I’m really nervous about it all. Hoping I did everything the right way! We rented from The DVC Store.

correcaminos

Thank you both. This is our first time renting DVC (but we are experienced Disney travelers otherwise) so I’m really nervous about it all. Hoping I did everything the right way! We rented from The DVC Store.
While there are less renters I still think your chances are very good! I know I'm personally trying to decide what to do with upcoming points myself ‐ do i rent out my excess. I have 12 I cannot bank for example. So probably just needs time for people to decide what to do.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
We got our contract yesterday 🥳
We decided to go with a Lake View room. I went on touring plans to see the different views and it seems the rooms on the first floor have their lake view mostly blocked by the bungalows 🤔 I went in the MDE App to try and request top floor. The only request option was ground floor. By not requesting ground floor, is this essentially the same as requesting 2nd or 3rd?

nickys

Premium Member
We decided to go with a Lake View room. I went on touring plans to see the different views and it seems the rooms on the first floor have their lake view mostly blocked by the bungalows 🤔 I went in the MDE App to try and request top floor. The only request option was ground floor. By not requesting ground floor, is this essentially the same as requesting 2nd or 3rd?
I would suggest asking the DVC Store if the owner can put in a room request for you direct to Member Services.

Alternatively if you have a Touring Plans subscription you can make the request through them. In which case simply request a 2nd or 3rd floor studio and remove any more specific wording.

correcaminos

As the owner to put in the request for upper floor. Though our lake view 1st floor rooms (we had 3 booked and my aunt wanted 1st floor for her ECV 2 of 3 were at the end and 100% unobstructed. The third you could see between them. All 3 had views of fireworks.

While I still pay for Touring Plans, their room request has been 0/4 with getting it notated since reopening. I wouldn't go that route and just ask the owner to request for you. Enjoy your stay, we love Polynesian!

Weather_Lady

There is no dresser, correct? Are there other places to keep clothing or did you just keep it all in the suitcases?

There is no dresser, but you have many other options. Storage for clothing consists of the "coffee table" (which opens at the top and is really a giant trunk), under-bed drawer, the vanities in the bathrooms (both of which have multiple, large, open cubbies), and the closet, which has hanging space and a couple of small shelves under the safe. (FWIW, for food storage, there's ample extra space in the kitchenette cabinets and on the counter.)

When we stayed in a Poly DVC studio, we had packed everything in packing cubes (in a different color for each person, which makes my little OCD heart explode with delight!), and I brought a cheap collapsible mesh hanging shelf set like this one, which I hung in the studio closet:
Amazon product ASIN B07DD9ZJZ7
"Unpacking" our clothes was as simple as unzipping the packing cubes and putting them somewhere, and packing up again meant zipping them up and tossing them back in our suitcases. My daughter kept her cubes in the "coffee table," my son and husband used the closet shelves, and I tucked my cubes of clothes in the 3/4 bath vanity, so I could get dressed easily after using that awesome shower every morning. All of us still had storage space to spare. We kept our shared dirty laundry bag on the floor of the closet (a laundry basket is also provided), lined up our shoes and sandals under the bed, and parked our empty suitcases in the entry alcove. We didn't even need the under-bed drawer.

We've stayed in DVC studios at Beach Club and Animal Kingdom as well, and the spaciousness and functionality of the Poly studios was hugely superior to all others, even before the refurb. Now that the 2nd bed is a more comfortable Murphy version, and you don't have to find a place to store a bunch of giant sofa cushions when using it, it's even more functional.

Here's a room tour I Googled from Youtube, which goes into some detail on all the in-room storage. If you're a visual person like me, this should give you an idea of what to expect. (*Note that not all rooms have balconies/patios: second floor rooms in some buildings don't, so be sure to request one if you want one.)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom