POLY DVC no longer just a rumor.

wdwjmp239

I love the Poly. May actually consider DVC...are most people/you happy with being in DVC?? What are the pros and cons??

My wife and I recently became DVC members and so far the pro we've seen is that we don't have to shell out $$$ for a hotel room (per night). The con is that if you want to stay in your "home resort", you have to book months in advance. Our home resort is at Bay Lake Towers. But, we've stayed at Animal Kingdom (Kidani Village) and Old Key West.

If you like staying at the higher-end hotels on Disney property, it's definitely something to look into. The upfront costs are a tad rediculous, but over time the membership pays for itself.

twinfo3728

My wife and I recently became DVC members and so far the pro we've seen is that we don't have to shell out $$$ for a hotel room (per night). The con is that if you want to stay in your "home resort", you have to book months in advance. Our home resort is at Bay Lake Towers. But, we've stayed at Animal Kingdom (Kidani Village) and Old Key West.

If you like staying at the higher-end hotels on Disney property, it's definitely something to look into. The upfront costs are a tad rediculous, but over time the membership pays for itself.
what are the upfront cost and do you pay monthly?

Ralphlaw

Read on other threads in here to weigh, debate, ponder, ridicule, etc . . . Here's the thing, buy at the right price, and you'll be able to sell your points if you want to get out without too much loss. For me, I could sell my 160 Bay Lake Tower points real fast and pretty much break even.

You do have to pay your annual dues of about $5 per point, which isn't cheap. That cuts into the fun by quite a bit. For me, that's about $700 per year. Yet with my points I can stay for about a week in a great villa every year with a kitchen to snack in or even cook in to cut down on the food bill, to do laundry to cut down on luggage hassles and costs, and to score a bunch of discounts all over the parks, especially for food. For $700 a year, that's pretty good. Plus, like I said, I can sell my points to break even if I wanted to. I've owned for 3 years, and have stayed about 25 nights in various resorts (BLT, Kidani, Jambo, Boardwalk, Grand Californian, and Wilderness), usually in 1 bedroom villas. In that time, I've paid about $2,100 in dues, meaning (dues-wise) I've stayed for less than $100 a night. Eventually, the resale value of my points will go down, but I sleep better knowing that I could sell them on the resale market now and get ALL my purchase money back. In short, my only costs would then have been the dues.

For us, it's a win. And, unlike some, I enjoy playing the reservation game at the 11 month and 7 month windows. So far, I've always been able to stay where I wanted when I wanted. Jump on in, the water's fine.

dreamfinder

what are the upfront cost and do you pay monthly?

Strongly suggest checking out some of the older threads in here on the subject, or starting your own so as not thread drift this one too far.

But upfront costs will vary greatly. You pay a per point charge, might be as low as $50 through a reseller, or as high as $165 direct for the newer resorts. Resellers you can find 25 point contracts (tend to cost more), direct you will most likely need to buy 100 points. Rooms range any where from 9 points to 150 points per night, depending on the room size, location, and time of year. So it can be all over the place

You then have yearly dues, right now around $5-6 dollars per point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom