Poly DVC announced today 9/17/13??

dgp602

Original Poster
If this is indeed true, fantastic, been waiting ages for them to put one there!!!

I just finished reading Tikiman's pages..According to his most recent trip report, this announcement today fits the timeline he predicted. He stated construction would probably start in October 2013. Right on as usual....

Blufusion

Exactly IIrain. I love my WDW. But my love for it is dying more and more each day. I hate to say that too. But sometimes change is a good thing. There are other places and things to do. Without paying a fortune to do them. Hawaii,Australia are on my list in the future. Sometimes you have to let go of certain things or activites in your life. But I have the memories.

dgp602

Original Poster
Exactly IIrain. I love my WDW. But my love for it is dying more and more each day. I hate to say that too. But sometimes change is a good thing. There are other places and things to do. Without paying a fortune to do them. Hawaii,Australia are on my list in the future. Sometimes you have to let go of certain things or activites in your life. But I have the memories.

Part of me tries to live by the theory that WDW was never meant to be a museum. I get that. Growth, change and upgrades are inevitable. However, what keeps me going back to Disney year after year is the familiar sights and sounds that as a child I shared with my parents, and now as a dad, I share with my kids. That connection cannot be duplicated at Universal or Seaworld or any other major theme park. For instance, when I walk into Poly on that first day of my trip, I am hit with the sight, sound and smell of that beautiful fountain!! It immediately transports me to 1977 and my first trip as a 10 yr old. THAT is what the Disney planners are missing when they destroy/replace cherished rides ( see Snow White ) or places. Certain rides, certain places within the World, should be protected and treated as "special". Now the question becomes, "Well, who decides what is special and what isn't?". The answer? I think some places and some rides are obvious. I mean really, in the Magic Kingdom we are probably only talking about a handful of rides ( a couple of which are now gone ). The same goes for the World. Example? The Hoop Dee Do Review. I think, but I could be wrong, that this show is universally liked and should forever have a place at Disney.

So I get your frustration and disapointment. Everytime a "special " piece of Disney is lost, a little bit of our nostalgia is lost too... Don't give up on Disney just yet!! :happy:

llrain

For the first time in my life, and the first time in our 12 year history of routine disney trips we visited Ireland.
I have wanted to go there since i was in high school but never had the chance to go, then we got mixed up and sucked into the whole Disney thing.
All I had to say when we returned from Ireland was, How quick can we sell this DVC timeshare and almost never go back, ever. We have not sold yet, as my nieces are taking well advantage of our DVC and we have scaled back to once a year. Soon we will be going back to Ireland, planning a France Trip and South Africa to Visit real destinations in the world...all without having the disney name as part of our vacation.
Ireland opened my eyes to a new world of travel and I think that we are losing our addiction to DIsney and Im glad I finally got a Non disney life and learned that its not all disney like people here drool over.

Also People think how posh and beautiful Disney resorts are and actually stick by their opinion have no clue, I mean ya, they are nice but after staying at a Ritz Carlton in Enniskerry for HALF THE PRICE of any disney delux has me laughing at how crappy Disney resorts really are.
Disney has no clue how to upkeep their rooms, you cannot argue this if you walked in my shoes in ireland, The rooms were perfection from the bedding to the baseboards to the door handles.
its a huge sign right there that Disney seems to not care and keep the money flowing into their pockets.

Hot Lava

Hawaii and Australia are both so awesome! I recommend a visit to both. If you can swing the time off, you could do both in one trip (since Hawaii is on the way and planes often stop there to/from Australia).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom