Poly/Conceirge vs Contem/club Conceirge

RAMBLER5678

Can anyone tell me the difference in the two besides the views. Like to know foodservered,check in,etc and which one most folks enjoyed more

Mattimus

The concierge at the Polynesian is in the Hawaii building. It's right beside the big pool and if you're on the first floor, you can walk from your "patio" to the beach. There's an excellent view of Cinderella Castle and the fireworks shows at night. I've stayed there with my family about four or five times. The food service is on the second floor of the Hawaii building. There's breakfast and dinner but there's always something out there for people to grab when they head to the pool. The chef is a nice guy and the ladies who help him out are so friendly.

The only thing that bothered me is that my uncle has gone there for many years and they never called him ahead of time to help plan the vacation like I've heard they do for other guests. We were on the second floor and he wanted a room on the first floor so we could get to the pool easier. So, we changed rooms but found out that we were in the last room on the first floor. It was a pretty long walk to the pool so we moved again about 10 rooms down. They really didn't put themselves out there to accommodate you. When you're paying the extra money, I guess you look for that. Overall, it's a great hotel but I think we're looking into a different resort next year.

I stayed at the Contemporary my first year and I really don't remember too much about it.

Hope I helped a little. :)

Upvote 0

Scooter

Sit back and relax...This may take a while :p

My wife and i have stayed at both the Contemorary Resort's 12th floor Tower Club Concierge AND The Polynesian Resorts Concierge.

The Polynesians Concierge, in our opinion is by far superior.

The Contemporary Tower Club has has limited concieige staff. Their hours are short and there is only one person on duty when you can find him or her.
The Polyneisan Concierge has 2 or 3 people on duty and they are there from sun-up to sundown.
The Polynesian Concierge has it's own Check-in area as well. The Contemporary Concierge does not.

The Contemporary's concierge is located in a hallway by an elevator.
The Polynesian's concierge is located in the Hawaii building and has a Concierge lounge with a big screen TV with Disney Movies constantly being played. There are several Tables and chairs to sit and even some couches to relax on. There are two floors in this lounge, each with great views of Bay Lake and Cinderellas Castle.

The Contemporary's Tower Club concierge serves a continental breakfast with dounuts/rolls, cereal ,fresh fruit, coffee,tea and milk and juice.
The Polynesian Concierge has about the same but with 2 or 3 differant types of juice. They also have bottled water available but you can't take the bottles, you just pour the water from a big bottle into your glass/cup. Apparently they used to have free bottles of water but people were taking bunches of them to their room and to the parks so they stopped that.
Polynesian also has cans of free pop available 24/7.

At lunchtime The Contemporary Tower Club Concierge puts out cookies and milk and tea and coffee.
The Polynesian Concierge offers Cookies and milk, fresh fruit ie Apples and bananas, brownies and gummy worms, skittles and some sour fruit candy who's name slips my mind at the moment.

The Contempory Tower Club concierge offers nothing at dinner except their turn down service.
The Polynesian offers appetizers that differ every day.
One day there differant kinds of meat on sticks in a bourbon sauce.
The next day Chicken Wings were offered.
Fresh fruit was also available at dinner time.
I forget what else was served but there were differant main appetizers every day so you get the picture.
They also offered wines and cordials at night at the Polynesian Concierge.

I did notice though that people were hoarding food at the Polynesian so some folks got nothing if they came too late. I though that was kind of rude.

One more thing...In the Polynesian Concierge Clubhouse the Wishes Fireworks audio was piped in so you could watch and hear it from there. Unfortunately there were some rude children running around yelling and screaming so my wife and I didn't get to hear the audio portion very well. :(

I'm sure I missed a few things and I apologize for that.
I hope I was a little helpful.

I havn't stayed at the 14th floor Contemporary Concierge so I can't say much about that except That I heard they also serve wine and cordials in the evening sometime and the Concierge service is available longer than the 12th floor.

Upvote 0

RAMBLER5678

Original Poster
Thanks alot Scooter & Mattimus youll gave excellent information about the Contemperory and the Poly Concierge. We have moved our reservation from the Contemperory to a GV Concierge at the Poly. My wife and I think its a lovly resort and my 2 month old just kicks and sqeals when I play the Poly review on Disney. com lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom