Poly bldgs and Mouskeeping

zoo19

Well I think I've narrowed it down to either Samoa or Tokelau. It'll be myself, hubby, daughter (5), niece (9) if anyone has a suggestion as to which they prefer I would love any information.

Another question is regarding smoking, unfortunately I still do it but hopefully quit again after vacation. I was going to ask for a non smoking building but was planning to smoke on the balcony only when needed, does anyone know if this is a no no. I didn't want to subject anyone to a smoking building but I wasn't sure if I could do this.

Mousekeeping, I've read here that if you leave them tips they will sometimes leave cute things in your room. My question is how much would you say is an average tip ? I don't want to be cheap but of course I don't want to overdue it.

tikiman

The official Polynesian policy is that you can smoke on the patio and balconies of the non-smoking room. I for one would be upset if you were in the room next to me but I applaud you for being brave enough to ask. How else do you get information.

As far as tips for housekeeping the usual is $2 or $3 a day. The surprises are not left because of tips and tips will not get you them. I would also not expect that you will get anything in your room but if you get a creative housekeeper you may find something in your room tip or no tip. Someone even asked me once if you could order these room surprises. I don’t think most people realize that it is just up to the housekeeper if they want to leave something or have time to.

I hope this helped.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

zoo19

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the smoking info. I know it's a bad habit but I try to be considerate and not do it close to or around other people who would be offeneded.

Thank you again for the Mousekeeping info. I wasn't sure what the norm was and if it was any different at Disney. I'll still leave them a tip and if they aren't too busy or are in the mood maybe one day the kids will see something special.

I would also like to compliment you on your website. It has been the most helpful place for information on the Poly. With your information I have at least gotten it down to a choice between two longhouses I would like to stay at. With all the pictures and information I feel as if I know the resort before I even go and we will enjoy our trip even more.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom