Poly Beach and Wishes Viewing

Princess in Training

Original Poster
We will be in the World mid-October and I'm trying to plan different variations to the standard main street viewing of Wishes. One of my plans included viewing from the Poly beach but was curious about

1) The construction going on and if it would impact the experience?

2) Any fun, unique, creative Wishes viewing suggestions (already done Cali Grill and TT Dessert tickets are unavailable).

Polydweller

The viewing area is less now than it used to be. There are also indicators that they are looking to limit pool are an main beach access to resort guests only. Some reports suggest they are doing that a bit now but it's quite likely that they will be more rigid about access once the pool area construction begins late July or early August.

Last edited:

DizneyPryncess

We were there a few weeks ago to have dinner at 'Ohana. We walked down to the beach on the left. If you take the pathway to the left, looking at the water, past the water craft area. There's a beach with a swing & beach chairs. We had a great view! The music isn't piped in there, but it's not very crowded either. I didn't venture to the main dock, so I'm not sure how the view still is there. But the construction didn't bother us where we sat. We also were not staying at the resort, we were at POR.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As @Polydweller mentioned, the volcano pool will be under major construction in October and access to the main beach area will be very restricted if allowed at all.

There is an observation deck off the 4th floor of the Contemporary and the music is piped in there, so that could be an alternative. If you want a really different experience, take the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness and watch from the campground beach. The music is piped in there too.

HauntedMansionFLA

The viewing area is less now than it used to be. There are also indicators that they are looking to limit pool are an main beach access to resort guests only. Some reports suggest they are doing that a bit now but it's quite likely that they will be more rigid about access once the pool area construction begins late July or early August.
I have a questions regarding Wishes during the MVMCP. Do they pipe the music onto the Poly beach area during the party or not because its a special event?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom