Poll: Which ride has the best BMG/wait Queue music combination

Which Ride has the best BGM/wait queue theming combination?

• The Seas with Nemo

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Test Track

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Big Thunder Mountain

• Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Under the Sea Journy of the Little Mermaid

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Expedition Everest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schneewittchen

Pirates! I know it's old, and it's not over the top interactive, but the music is fantastic, the sets, few they may be, are great. So many people probably don't even notice things like the little running fountain in there, but I do.
I agree. The details make me want to stop, observe and play for a bit.

KINGLOUIS1993

I voted for TOT because I love the music and theming for that ride but I also love how Space Mountain makes you feel in outer Space. I also really like the queue in Everest, I think the detail and the artefacts are really cool and it is one I enjoy waiting in. One thing that does annoy me with it though is people who mess with bits and purposely move/damage them.

montyz81

Original Poster
I voted for TOT because I love the music and theming for that ride but I also love how Space Mountain makes you feel in outer Space. I also really like the queue in Everest, I think the detail and the artefacts are really cool and it is one I enjoy waiting in. One thing that does annoy me with it though is people who mess with bits and purposely move/damage them.
It is interesting that Everest has only gotten one vote. I would have expected that to be in the top of this poll

montyz81

Original Poster
I also am annoyed that I forgot about Splash Mountain. I suspect that would have topped this poll. I wish I could have added more choices.

Raineman

I have to say POTC. The music and the queue combine to set a great atmosphere, and I have always loved the darker, creepier WDW queues and attractions.

I voted for Pirates, but I have a few others that weren't in the poll that I would've voted for.

1. Soarin'
2. Dinosaur
3. Splash Mountain
4. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

yeti

Tower of Terror is far and away the best, though I can't help but feel like it was directly inspired by the closing scenes of "The Shining".
Not at all a fan of the current queue music used for the WDW version of Pirates. The music that's played in the queue was never supposed to be used in that version of the attraction, at least not as it is. Actually I'm just sore you can't properly hear the chess-playing skeletons' mournful Spanish guitar anymore.
That goes double for Haunted Mansion. They're playing the hallway loop out in the middle of the Liberty Square sidewalk now. WITH the wind sound effects. Drives me crazy.
The first 2/3 of Space Mountain are still great, but the last portion of the queue has been terrible since the last update.
Everest is great, as is

SEVERELY underrated:

Last time I was there they were blasting Phantom Manor instrumental loops which really don't work at all. It's just supposed to be the wind music and the wolf howling, right?

Bairstow

Last time I was there they were blasting Phantom Manor instrumental loops which really don't work at all. It's just supposed to be the wind music and the wolf howling, right?

It's supposed to be nothing at all, until you round the corner to the graveyard and can hear the wolf.

Doodlyday

Space Mountain. While Test Track is nice, after being stuck in the queue for a while during a breakdown, you do not want to hear that music anymore. It was right after the design studio, where the instructions play, so I heard that over and over and over.

rreading

It is interesting that Everest has only gotten one vote. I would have expected that to be in the top of this poll

The queue for Everest is remarkably detailed and engaging, but I would guess that it's hard for westerners to connect with the tibetan music. Plus, it's mostly in daylight so I don't think that it engages our imagination as much as a darkened environment does.

It's top notch in terms of quality, but not a cultural touchstone

Bairstow

The queue for Everest is remarkably detailed and engaging, but I would guess that it's hard for westerners to connect with the tibetan music. Plus, it's mostly in daylight so I don't think that it engages our imagination as much as a darkened environment does.

It's top notch in terms of quality, but not a cultural touchstone

What I dislike about it is that it's actually too varied. The loop jumps around from fairly conventional damyin and flageolet music to long, long bouts of throat singing and chants. It's really jarring, but not in a way that feels intentional. Considering the size of the queue, they should have used multiple loops for different sections, like at Forbidden Eye.

OliveMcFly

I love TOT background music. I'm a fan of 1930s, 1940s music so it's right up my alley. I have most of the songs on my iPod, they really are great.

Berret

In the Parks
No
So the poll is long since closed, and I noticed one of my favorites wasn't listed: Soarin'. I've always like that music. Now, this is the original queue music, as I have not yet been on the new Soarin' and I don't know if the music has been updated/changed.

montyz81

Original Poster
So the poll is long since closed, and I noticed one of my favorites wasn't listed: Soarin'. I've always like that music. Now, this is the original queue music, as I have not yet been on the new Soarin' and I don't know if the music has been updated/changed.
it is good on the ride, but the music in the wait queue isn't all that great nor is the theme for the wait queue. That is why I didn't include it.

wdwgreek

Why is Jungle Cruise not in that list! Take a look here comes my ball and change, Kansas City Jazz, Cole Porter and let's not forget Albert A-wall the Voice of the jungle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom