Poll: What's the worst mistake that imagineers could make at Epcot?

EpcotMark

Original Poster
What would be the worst thing that Disney could take away or change at Epcot? Or in other words, what is one thing that should not change at this point?:lookaroun

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Taking the wand down...that would be HORRIBLE!!!!! :lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun

:wave: J/K

kcnole

yep, that would be my answer. Taking out the last phenominal dark ride in the park and replacing it with some thrill ride inside SSE. The absolute best thing they could do would be to bring the beauty back to Epcot by removing the wand, the graveyard, and the tents and bringing back the beautiful trees and fountains that used to be in those locations.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I win!

The worst mistakes

EPCOTS.jpg

EpcotCharacters.jpg

Journey%20into%20your%20imagination%20entrance.jpg

Victor

Worst thing they could do:

1) Leave the wand up
2) Turn SSE into a thrill ride
3) Add a Beauty and the Beast ride to the France pavillion
4) Bring Stormrider from TDS over to Epcot. Ridiculous plot that doesn't involve a hint of real meteorology,and we don't need another simulator. Do something new.

DisneyMusician2

If they replace Spaceship Earth, that would signal "We aren't really concerned about providing a different experience and we've decided that we want to suck at life and our jobs just as much as the other theme park engineers." That would be bad!

SirGoofy

Worst thing that could be done is getting rid of SSE, but that'll never happen.

IMO the worst thing has already been done, which is the destruction of JII and the Imagination Pavillion. Best dark ride EVER created by Disney, yes the best ever, and was replaced by utter crap. Sorry, but that's what it is, crap.

P.S. I like the wand...:lookaroun

LuLaSue

IMO the worst thing has already been done, which is the destruction of JII and the Imagination Pavillion. Best dark ride EVER created by Disney, yes the best ever, and was replaced by utter crap. Sorry, but that's what it is, crap.

Sir Goofy I must agree, they destroyed the Imagination Pavillion. I was crushed when I rode thru. What was once something pure genius now is pure yuck!

P.S. The wand has to GO...:lookaroun

figment1985

Since I am pretty sure they wouldnt get rid of SSE... I would say the next worst thing would be The Land food court area. If they took out that place, it wouldn't have the great smell that reminded you that you were at Epcot..

harryk

The worst thing they could do would be the removal of the Land and it's associated gardens. They at least show something that could happen in a big way in the future while the Living Seas, Universe of Energy, etc. are simply advertising for something which is going on. Lets get more futuristic in our EPCOT sites as Walt intended it to be.:xmas:

hokielutz

Your thoughts are exactly what I was going to put down. Keep SSE as it is, and revert JII v.3 back to v.1.

I doubt the latter would happen... but like J. Cricket said, "The most fantastic magical things can happen... and it all starts with a WISH."

Oh yeah... Go Hokies!!

dxwwf3

Worst possible things (within reason ;) ):

Removal of SSE (Doesn't mean the ride shouldn't be updated)

World Showcase becomes flooded with characters and character based attractions (The current setup of character greetings and one or two character attractions wouldn't be the end of the world however)

Let the Wonders of Life pavilion space sit vacant for many years

That's about it, IMO.

dizneykev

I agree Rob, getting rid of the character bus in EPCOT was a horrific move. That was one of things my son and every family I ever took there raved about.. Now we get a generic line in an unudes building for horrible generic photos. Two thumbs way down on that one.

Dizneykev

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom