POLL QUESTION

yensid1967

Given all the complaints WDW and DL seems to have with prices, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, etc.

Would you pay the prices to get rid of GENIE+ and Lightning Lanes and go back to FP's?

YES, I would pay the higher prices if it meant getting rid of Genie+ and Lightning Lanes
YES, Bring back free FP's and a small fee($3-$5) FP fee for main attractions
NO, I would prefer to keep Genie+ and Lightning Lanes
NO, just overhaul the entire system and get a system that doesn't require guests to use their phones(This is vacation and a chance to get away from our phones!)

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

The most ideal situation would be to scrap it entirely and come up with something that is easy to implement without making a guest have to rise early and hope the lottery works in your favor. Staying on property should give you some availability and guarantee of a ride.
My second choice would be to do a FP system that is tied to your reservation, again giving you some benefit of staying with Disney.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

addacollier

Given all the complaints WDW and DL seems to have with prices, Genie+, Lightning Lanes, etc.

Would you pay the prices to get rid of GENIE+ and Lightning Lanes and go back to FP's?

YES, I would pay the higher prices if it meant getting rid of Genie+ and Lightning Lanes
NO, just overhaul the entire system and get a system that doesn't require guests to use their phones(This is vacation and a chance to get away from our phones!)

Upvote 0

TheBounce

I'd like FP back but not on phones. I also hate the new DAS system. The old one worked well. I think it seemed to others that people were just queue jumping though. That was never the intention. I think the major problem with the current system is you can only have 2 DAS ride/attraction reservations per day (unless I'm mistaken and have read it wrong) which means the rest of the time, those who need a DAS pass to enjoy the parks will not be able to get the same level of enjoyment as others.

Upvote 0

Graham9

Anything to get rid of Genie+!! Restore FP's where guests can you their phone as optional, but not "mandate" their use. i.e. the FP machines can dispense tickets or have a QR code they can scan if they wish. Whatever, everyone gets equal shot at getting a FP at the ride.

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Original Poster
I'd like FP back but not on phones. I also hate the new DAS system. The old one worked well. I think it seemed to others that people were just queue jumping though. That was never the intention. I think the major problem with the current system is you can only have 2 DAS ride/attraction reservations per day (unless I'm mistaken and have read it wrong) which means the rest of the time, those who need a DAS pass to enjoy the parks will not be able to get the same level of enjoyment as others.
Thought you would like this...

Accommodating Guests with Disabilities

Disney Parks have an unwavering commitment to providing a welcoming, inclusive environment and accessible experiences for our Guests. As part of this commitment, Disability Access Service (DAS) is a program offered at Walt Disney World theme parks to assist Guests who have difficulty tolerating extended waits in a conventional queue environment due to a disability.
View Frequently Asked Questions.

Important Pre-Registration and DAS Advance Planning Update

Eligible Guests can now pre-register for DAS Advance virtually with a Cast Member, using live video chat. Please note that you may pre-register as soon as 30 days in advance of a park visit, but no less than 2 days before arrival.
During the registration chat, you will be able to work with a Cast Member to book up to 2 one-hour return windows for select experiences using our new DAS Advance planning option (you may also make additional DAS selections on the day of your visit). Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

Top Things to Know About DAS

• DAS is intended for Guests who have difficulty tolerating extended waits in a conventional queue environment due to a disability.
  • DAS doesn’t provide immediate access to experiences, but rather allows Guests to request a return time for a specific experience that is comparable to the current standby wait. This allows the Guest using DAS to enjoy other experiences in the park instead of physically waiting in the standby line.
  • The Guest who is requesting to use DAS must be present during registration (in person or live video call) and when redeeming a DAS return time at Walt Disney World theme parks. The Guest using DAS doesn’t need to be present when a return time is requested at an attraction or any Guest Relations location.
  • Once registered, DAS is valid for up to 60 days.
  • Two exciting new features have been added to the DAS program: (1) the opportunity to pre-register via live video call and use DAS Advance pre-arrival planning and (2) a convenient way to receive DAS return times through the My Disney Experience app.

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
No need to worry. Changes to DAS are nothing short of an improvement.

Basically there are 2 major changes. DAS guests may continue making reservations ride by ride, just as done in the past. But now they can request a return time from their phone (instead of needing to physically visit the ride or blue umbrella), AND if they pre-register 30-2 days in advance (via live chat) they can ALSO pre-book 2 rides with timeslots for each park day.

You do not need to pre-register. You can still register at GS in the park but that method does not include the ‘bonus’ 2 rides with timeslots. Those are separate and can be overlapped with the rolling selections made day of. Either method you get rolling ride reservations done the same as in the past, but now there’s the option to book it thru MDE on your phone.

Upvote 0

Disstevefan1

Just monetize the previous FastPass + system, and maybe add option to purchase a LIMITED number of individual Fast Passes.

In the end, it does not matter what we say, Disney is going to what they are going to do, and we must take it.

My hope is they continue to tweak Genie + to make it work better.

Upvote 0

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I’d pay more to just make everything standby again (with the exception of keeping the current-style DAS and official Disney Tours).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom