Poll: Hit the Road Eisner! Boycott Disney?

Would you boycott Disney to remove Eisner?

• Yes, would publicly protest and not visit parks.

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • Yes but still willing to visit parks.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • No but disagree with Eisner

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • Prefer to see Eisner continue as CEO

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Mr D

Original Poster
How many are willing to actively protest the current leadership of Michael Eisner even as far to boycott any involvement of the Disney Company?

This is to form a grass roots organization to publicly cry out and demonstrate our rights of freedom of speech, we the paying "guest" are willing to turn our backs on any future visits to any Disney owned resort, park or store.

Poll: Willing to boycott Disney, yes or no?

Shaman

I think the only people who could effectively protest Eisner are the stockholders...if they flood the offices of the Walt Disney Company with letters of complaining for the lack of good leadership on the part of Eisner and ask for him to resign (threatening to sell their shares if not)...it would be more effective than boycotting the parks...because the message is reaching the board coming from the the best source to complain...

Another day another set of possibilities...will this be the day Eisner resigns?

:lookaroun

SpongeScott

Boycotts, schmoycotts. They do absolutely nothing and a little grassroots effort will not even be noticed, if done at all. If you boycott Disney, then don't forget to not only give up the parks, but ABC, ESPN, The Family Channel, etc.

No boycott from me. You're only depriving yourself.

tigsmom

A boycott will do nothing...the company is too large. This has to come from within (stockholders). I find it interesting that every news service has covered the resignations in great detail, but nothing is on the investors site. Roy resigned so he could make his complaints known (as he has done in the past) and it seems to be working. Can't wait for the stockholders meeting.(hope its someplace warm this year) :wave:

miles1

Originally posted by WDWspider
Boycott...

That sounds like Mr. Jackson's idea of a great new Disney theme park.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thank you for the first good laugh of the day.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by SpongeScott
If you boycott Disney, then don't forget to not only give up the parks, but ABC, ESPN, The Family Channel, etc.

Actually, I could give up that other stuff quite easily....I never watch ABC, ABC Family, or ESPN....and I don't go to many movies...

Sir Hiss527

Look I don't exactly agree with some of the things Eisner has done. But look at all the things that we have...Parks, Movies, Jobs, TV Networks, and programs. There so much of Disney...And i'm sure Walt would be proud of 100 YoM, and the future that Disney has. Now don't get me wrong I don't 100% agree that Eisner has done in the past. It needs to be a family owned coorperation.

RPMdfw

Boycott?

When has a boycott ever been successful? Honestly. What are we? Four, five years into the Baptist Boycott of all things Disney? Disney has yet to even comment on that boycott. I
don't think they'll respond to any other boycott threats either.

ChairborneRangr

Boycotts rarely accomplish their intended purpose.

If you really care what happens to Disney, then buy stock in the company and vote. Shareholders are the only ones with power within a publicly traded company.

I own stock and I participate, although I had to miss the Denver meeting due to weather :(

65 miles away and I couldn't get there...

lebernadin

Boycott's are impossible with re to Disney parks

It may seem like a good idea to some, but you most likely don't have children, otherwise it wouldn't have been suggested.

Our children could care less who runs something so for those families that have to visit WDW or another park every year or multipe times its not a realistic feat to accomplish.

If anything, sell sell sell that DIS stock. The shares halved themselves and have only recovered slightly this year. Disney wasn't in the spotlight to the extent they are right now during this plummet. However, if shares were to plummet over the next two months in the wake of this Board shakeup and calling for Eisner to resign, there would be considerable more pressure on Eisner to leave.

But the other thing to consider is who will/would replace him. Its great to go on a witchhunt simply because someone with the Disney name doesn't like him and a few choice news stories using terms like "brain drain" et al.

They don't currently have a search going for a replacement. So that's probably a better place to focus your efforts; on the Board.

neelix

a boycott would only work if everyone who is even remotely displeased with mr eisners performance got involved and that will never happen. so until eisner resigns and the board hires someone who respects the companys legacy instead of seeing how cheaply they can build a park or ride before people will stop coming (disney's california adventure) until that happens we are doomed to cheep off the shelf rides with little or no theming and a take em for everthing theyve got attitude
and by the way to exit this post just walk through my incredibly large gift shop:brick:

johnvree

Originally posted by lebernadin

Our children could care less who runs something so for those families that have to visit WDW or another park every year or multipe times its not a realistic feat to accomplish.

You beat me to it. Try explaining what a "boycott" is to a five year old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom