Poll: Does the Guardians show building blend in well enough?

Does the Guardians show building blend in well enough?

• Total voters

Yert3

Original Poster
Taken from the parking lot
18F1CA58-2550-47A4-827D-4F614BAE887E.jpeg

Yert3

Original Poster
I’m going to have to vote yes. Staring at it right now and it is nearly the same exact color of the sky which I think is pretty impressive.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Judging from those 2 pictures alone, the building looks to me like a gigantic cube. Maybe it's the angle?

If they wanted it to blend with the color of the sky, I guess it's ok.

justintheharris

Everyone who's having a temper tantrum over it is also protesting the construction of... pretty much everything of the Iger era. The only reason anyone notices it right now is the fact it's under construction. Once the ride is open, the show building will not be noticed unless you're specifically looking for it.

Yert3

Original Poster
Look at it this way -- if you're out in the parking lot, you're getting the "free view." No right to complain out there.

Once you're in the park, if the sight of it still bothers you, send an email to WDW.Guest.Communications@Disneyworld.com.
I’m not complaining. Did you miss when I said this?
I’m going to have to vote yes. Staring at it right now and it is nearly the same exact color of the sky which I think is pretty impressive.

NickPytlinski

looks cool, wonder if they will plant more around to hide it but its not offensive looking.
they could paint clouds on it and you wouldn't know lol

Mickey5150

The only people that are gonna be upset by it are the people who know it's there and are intentionally looking for it so that they can be upset and complain. I know Test Track is there, I can see Soarin, I can see the Swan and Dolphin but I don't notice them when I'm in World Showcase. It's Disney, these things are only an issue if you make them an issue.

FettFan

Everyone who's having a temper tantrum over it is also protesting the construction of... pretty much everything of the Iger era. The only reason anyone notices it right now is the fact it's under construction. Once the ride is open, the show building will not be noticed unless you're specifically looking for it.

Not quite. Eye-Soarin' was built under Eisner.
soarin_2_thumb%25255B2%25255D.jpg

RandySavage

Soarin (at least the original building) has a graceful elegance to its curved shape that is on par with World of Motion/Test Track's low cylinder shape. Hotels, like Swan and Dolphin, are at least architecture. The GotG show warehouse doesn't have any such assets. It is a huge, utilitarian warehouse that is not on-show and will always say "just try to ignore me" via its sky color scheme.

This represents a lower standard for Disney, IMO (Tron & Rock n Rollercoaster fit the same bill, though the latter was at least in a park dominated by soundstage warehouses).

Soarin (at least the original building) has a graceful elegance to its curved shape that is on par with World of Motion/Test Track's low cylinder shape. Hotels, like Swan and Dolphin, are at least architecture. The GotG show warehouse doesn't have any such assets. It is a huge, utilitarian warehouse that is not on-show and will always say "just try to ignore me" via its sky color scheme.

This represents a lower standard for Disney, IMO (Tron & Rock n Rollercoaster fit the same bill, though the latter was at least in a park dominated by soundstage warehouses).

Tron isn't even done being built.... Based upon the Shanghai version it actually fits quite well into the idea of Tomorrowland and, as opposed to the GotG building, doesn't detract from the center piece of Magic Kingdom because it is on the outer edge of the park so what lower standard do you speak of? How does it not fit into the aesthetics of Tomorrowland and Magic Kingdom?

The GotG show building is out of place aesthetically purely because of its proximity to the Geosphere and entrance but I'm sure they will cover that parking lot side with OLED panels one day to create a active camouflage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom