POLL: Disney My Magic Experience

Is the My Magic Experience an overall guest improvement?

• Yes!

Votes: 51 23.3%
  • It's good, but could be better.

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • It's about the same.

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • It's not great, paper fastpass was better.

Votes: 37 16.9%
  • The whole thing stinks!

Votes: 16 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DManRightHere

Original Poster
I was just thinking of how divided the community was before MM+, so I wanted to see what type of results we would have on poll.

Goofyernmost

When I used mine last month, everything went off smoothly with absolutely no glitches. It was (I'm almost afraid to say this) kinda fun to just look at my phone and see my whole week right there in front of me all neatly arranged and easy to read. I would never go for the purchase option under any circumstances, I want more control and not interested in turning that over to someone I don't know and have never met, but, for ADR's and FP+, I was completely sold on it. Besides that, even if they were following me via electronics, I was just wondering around a theme park, and really didn't care. I guess I should make myself a new tinfoil hat, my old one wasn't sending me any evil vibes.

Mickey81

My family and I really enjoy it. It has worked very well every time we've used it. I do believe it could be improved by allowing you to book additional fast passes on the app after you use the first 3. I would also like to see the ability to select multiple parks for park hopping. It's a plus to the old system, and I believe it's got a lot of potential, hope fully it will continue to evolve.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's nice to have everything a the touch of a button (fastpasses, dinner reservations, ride times, etc). All the info in one place is a good thing.

That said, I hope they're working on a way to have MM+ recognize when you have the hopper option and you can schedule your 3 FP+'s for different parks on the same day.

I agree, great idea!

LAKid53

Premium Member
I like the ability to get fastpasses for those rides we must do before we hit the parks, especially since we like to sleep in. No more "I will wait in line at Everest and you run over to Kilimanjaro and get our paper fast passes".

Two things I would like Disney to include, in addition to Mousehockey's suggestion: (1) once your three selections are used/expired, you can make additional selections through the app, not at a kiosk at the park and (2) add wait times for the buses to the app. I know Disney is currently testing the addition of monitors at the resort bus stops similar to those at the Grand Floridian and I would hope eventually adding a transportation update to the app is in their plan.

mousehockey37

I like the ability to get fastpasses for those rides we must do before we hit the parks, especially since we like to sleep in. No more "I will wait in line at Everest and you run over to Kilimanjaro and get our paper fast passes".

Two things I would like Disney to include, in addition to Mousehockey's suggestion: (1) once your three selections are used/expired, you can make additional selections through the app, not at a kiosk at the park and (2) add wait times for the buses to the app. I know Disney is currently testing the addition of monitors at the resort bus stops similar to those at the Grand Floridian and I would hope eventually adding a transportation update to the app is in their plan.

They have monitors at the bus stop outside of AKL Kidani. It was awesome knowing approximately how long we'd be waiting. It helped us make the choice that if we just missed a bus, would it be quicker to jump another bus, go to another park and bus hop or hit the monorail.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They have monitors at the bus stop outside of AKL Kidani. It was awesome knowing approximately how long we'd be waiting. It helped us make the choice that if we just missed a bus, would it be quicker to jump another bus, go to another park and bus hop or hit the monorail.

Hopefully all the resorts, not just the Deluxes, will have the monitors eventually.

mousehockey37

Hopefully all the resorts, not just the Deluxes, will have the monitors eventually.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have them at the bus stops at the parks and DTD!!! Sure, they swing through rather routinely, but it would be nice to know if you get to your stop that you either will be catching a bus soon or just missed it (sometimes the amount of people at the bus stop don't tell the whole story).

DManRightHere

Original Poster

Just pondered this....I wonder if Disney is afraid to allow the revolving 4th FP via app because it eill overwelm the system.

If the bus ETA times work efficiently, I'm sure it will be added to the app (and hopefully resort room tv's). This would help save so much time!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, it'd be nice to have them at the bus stops at the parks and DTD!!! Sure, they swing through rather routinely, but it would be nice to know if you get to your stop that you either will be catching a bus soon or just missed it (sometimes the amount of people at the bus stop don't tell the whole story).

Agree. Stayed at Saratoga Springs last November. It's a 5 minute bus ride from the resort to DTD (the taped greeting doesn't even finish before you pull into the Marketplace bus depot). We were at our resort bus stop 45 minutes before our ADR time and we ended up being 15 minutes late for our ADR. If we'd been given appropriate directions to walk to DTD (they gave us directions to La Nouba instead of Marketplace), we would have done that. Would have been nice to know that it would be an hour wait for our 5 minute bus ride to DTD....

mousehockey37

Agree. Stayed at Saratoga Springs last November. It's a 5 minute bus ride from the resort to DTD (the taped greeting doesn't even finish before you pull into the Marketplace bus depot). We were at our resort bus stop 45 minutes before our ADR time and we ended up being 15 minutes late for our ADR. If we'd been given appropriate directions to walk to DTD (they gave us directions to La Nouba instead of Marketplace), we would have done that. Would have been nice to know that it would be an hour wait for our 5 minute bus ride to DTD....

Interesting. We stayed at SSR at Congress Park and we had the set of rooms in the last building, closest to the new bridge walkway over to DTD. We didn't need a bus, lol. The new boat launch had just opened there too, so it was super easy to get around.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Interesting. We stayed at SSR at Congress Park and we had the set of rooms in the last building, closest to the new bridge walkway over to DTD. We didn't need a bus, lol. The new boat launch had just opened there too, so it was super easy to get around.

We were across from the main pool. I asked the "doorman" how to get to the walking path to DTD since it was not on the signs around the resort and he gave me directions to La Nouba - I knew they were wrong because he told me to take the bridge over the river to the golf course. It was beautiful weather during the day and we were going to DTD for some shopping and lunch, so I wanted to familiarize ourselves with the walking route. Unfortunately, his directions were so inaccurate that we ended up in Congress Park (and the end of the sidewalks) and just took the bus. I wanted to walk over for dinner (I know the buses to DTD at dinner time are slow) but didn't want to wander around in the dark looking for the path I could see people using from the boat since we didn't find it in daylight. We had the discussion - is the boat running? Should we go to the boat dock? What if the boat has just left and by the time we get back to a bus stop, we see the bus for DTD pulling away? So once again we sprinted through Marketplace to our ADR at Raglan Road.

The next day I found the path - just follow the signs for the surrey carts.....

Daniel Johnson

We honestly haven't used fast passes our last three trips. But, we did use it heavily on a family vacation last year (four days three parks, 16 people together) at this time. It was a cluster...but, I learned on the last day of the trip that none of my family, all 14 other than my wife and I actually tried to set up stuff and link accounts. It would have been a breeze if the rest of our group would have listened to ANYTHING any CM mentioned to them about mm+. It's a decent system that will only get better. As long as guest are apt to actually trying to learn and work with the system

LAKid53

Premium Member
We honestly haven't used fast passes our last three trips. But, we did use it heavily on a family vacation last year (four days three parks, 16 people together) at this time. It was a cluster...but, I learned on the last day of the trip that none of my family, all 14 other than my wife and I actually tried to set up stuff and link accounts. It would have been a breeze if the rest of our group would have listened to ANYTHING any CM mentioned to them about mm+. It's a decent system that will only get better. As long as guest are apt to actually trying to learn and work with the system

Guests listening to CMs? What a novel concept. lol

Smiddimizer

I've never had huge beef with the system itself, at least now that you can go back to legacy fastpass when you're done. It's a pretty natural progression for fastpass without getting rid of the damn thing entirely.

My complaints are reserved for how much it cost. That is just insane.

ImagineerDude

I'm glad that more and more people on here are getting to use and enjoy the system firsthand rather than judge the whole thing blindly. I honestly have to say it's completely changed how we vacation in the world. My family never would have thought to book ADRs by calling just because we didn't know better, but it's so easy online and on the app that we do it now. And having official Park wait times is huge, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom