POLL - Best new Walt Disney World attraction of 2015

surfsupdon

The fireworks are incredible! And MGM was way overdue for a great night time fireworks show. The view down Hollywood Blvd with fireworks in the distance looks so great. That Park needed a kiss goodnight, and it is a great one.

ToTBellHop

The fireworks are incredible! And MGM was way overdue for a great night time fireworks show. The view down Hollywood Blvd with fireworks in the distance looks so great. That Park needed a kiss goodnight, and it is a great one.
Indeed. It has some really impressive pyro too. I actually kinda liked it more than Wishes...I'm sure at least partially because I've seen Wishes a lot and am ready for something new at MK.

Sonconato

Sorry, but I didn't vote for the following reasons:

First, IMO, hard ticket events don't count or at least shouldn't be compared to daily attractions which are part of the Parks. I'm sure it is spectacular but it shouldn't be a hard ticket event.

Second, I can't consider Colortopia because I have never seen it. We avoid Epcot since there is little that interests us anymore. If it were back the way it was in the 90's, we would be there all the time. There are only about 4 rides that we like and since most of the entertainment is gone, we have no interest in walking miles for just a few attractions. It's also very depressing for us!:cry:

Third, at least for my family and I, Hollywood Studios is rapidly becoming more like Epcot. Not much to see and very depressing. Many of the Poll items are Star Wars related which we have little to no interest in. Unfortunately, we're not seeing Star Wars Land as an improvement. We will probably avoid that entire area like we do Star Tours now. We went on Star Tours when it first opened and haven't been since. We get violently ill from those types of rides and we're predicting more of the same for Star Wars Land. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but I highly doubt it.

Now that I think about it, there is nothing on that list that interests us other than the Symphony in the Stars fireworks and Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular and we have no desire to pay extra to see the Villains. As far as we're concerned, it's as if nothing has changed.

SpaceMountain77

I voted for Colortopia, simply because it was about time they added something to Innovations instead of taking away.

I also voted for Colortopia. We experienced the exhibit in December and, to me, it embodies the spirit of Epcot Center. The exhibit nicely blends aspects of psychological science (e.g., how color affects mood, color perception) with a fitting technology/corporate sponsor.

ToTBellHop

Sorry, but I didn't vote for the following reasons:

First, IMO, hard ticket events don't count or at least shouldn't be compared to daily attractions which are part of the Parks. I'm sure it is spectacular but it shouldn't be a hard ticket event.

Second, I can't consider Colortopia because I have never seen it. We avoid Epcot since there is little that interests us anymore. If it were back the way it was in the 90's, we would be there all the time. There are only about 4 rides that we like and since most of the entertainment is gone, we have no interest in walking miles for just a few attractions. It's also very depressing for us!:cry:

Third, at least for my family and I, Hollywood Studios is rapidly becoming more like Epcot. Not much to see and very depressing. Many of the Poll items are Star Wars related which we have little to no interest in. Unfortunately, we're not seeing Star Wars Land as an improvement. We will probably avoid that entire area like we do Star Tours now. We went on Star Tours when it first opened and haven't been since. We get violently ill from those types of rides and we're predicting more of the same for Star Wars Land. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but I highly doubt it.

Now that I think about it, there is nothing on that list that interests us other than the Symphony in the Stars fireworks and Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular and we have no desire to pay extra to see the Villains. As far as we're concerned, it's as if nothing has changed.
That's a whole lot of thought behind no vote haha. It wasn't a very inspired year for WDW.

JeffBostock

I also voted for Colortopia. We experienced the exhibit in December and, to me, it embodies the spirit of Epcot Center. The exhibit nicely blends aspects of psychological science (e.g., how color affects mood, color perception) with a fitting technology/corporate sponsor.

Was just there a few weeks ago and skipped going into Innoventions altogether. I knew Colortopia was there but didn't think it'd be worth my time just like anything else that has been there in the last decade. Now I'm wishing I checked it out. Oh well, there's always next time.

With 3 out of the top 4 on this list so far being Star Wars related, it says a lot about how massive the crowds will be at DHS (or whatever the future name of the park will be) once Star Wars Land is complete. Of course it's really no surprise. They'd still be massive even if TFA wasn't a hit.

If the future Star Wars films are as big of a hit as TFA is, in my opinion, the size of DHS isn't going to be large enough to handle the crowds...even with the expansion.

I think Disney needs to seize the opportunity at hand and open a 5th gate that is all based on Star Wars.

When you look at the crowds Harry Potter attractions brought to Universal, and consider the fact that Star Wars has a much wider audience and popularity than HP, only 3 or so new attractions for Star Wars Land just makes me think of insane wait times of 4-5 hours per attraction.

I mean look at Soarin which regularly had 90-120 minute waits and it's been around for over a decade and has nothing to do with any IP like Star Wars.

The media around the world will be talking about Star Wars Land when it opens. Crowds from all over the world will be flocking to WDW and DL for Star Wars. Crowd levels at all parks at both resorts are already extremely busy pretty much 365 days a year anymore lately.

Is there really a slow time at either resort anymore? Nope! All parks are busy all the time nowadays....without actual new Star Wars attractions (the Launch Bay is a nice addition to help feed the frenzy of TFA but it's barely an attraction when you compare it to what we know is coming)

A 5th gate needs to be added at WDW and a 3rd gate for DL. Anaheim may not have the room for a 3rd gate but WDW sure as hell has room for a 5th gate, and then some!

Walt was a smart man. He had the foresight to buy up all the land he did in the orange groves of central Florida to give his company the ability to continue to expand on bringing joy to families from all over the world. Walt Disney World has unlimited potential to bring a brand new type of joy nobody has ever experienced before with the IP Bob Iger had the foresight to purchase from George Lucas.

WDW needs a 5th park based solely on Star Wars.

ChristianG

I chose Hocus Pocus because a good castle stage show was very much needed. Symphony in the Stars is still amazing though (minus some technical difficulties that have happened over the past few weeks.)

yedliW

I was there in August and didn't experience any of these - I don't think most were there yet.

We were there in November, and the only thing on this list that was there was colortopia..

Not a very exciting list.. but at least there is hope on the horizon.. While I'm not a fan of the idea of Avatar land (should have been Australia.. but what do I know?), from what I've seen, it looks like they are doing it right, and it could be pretty cool.. and same goes with Star Wars and Toy Story (probably should have been Pixarland.. but again, what do I know?)

I am looking forward to what is new next time we are there.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
I thouroughly enjoyed Colortopia last Christmas but Symphony in the Stars was simply awe inspiring for me.

Jon81uk

We went on Star Tours when it first opened and haven't been since. We get violently ill from those types of rides and we're predicting more of the same for Star Wars Land. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised but I highly doubt it.

Without wanting to get too off-topic, there won't be anything too close to Star Tours in the new Star Wars Land. There is a slight rumour of a boat ride (using the new technology developed for Pirates at Shanghai) using a mixurte of HD projected backdrops and animatronics. It is also rumoured that the Millenium Falcon ride will use an omnimover/conveyor system like Peter Pan, but at the same time use a simulator.
But basically why build something that is to close to being the same as what you have.

71jason

The new fireworks are the obvious winner in the choices given, but would be a distant fourth if the true stars of 2015--Grog Grotto, Jocks and Boathouse--were on the list.

Goofyque'

Loved Symphony in the Stars! I would call the list incomplete also though, because it doesn't include the new Harambe area or Skipper Canteen. Both area have added substantially to our guest experience.

Jon81uk

Loved Symphony in the Stars! I would call the list incomplete also though, because it doesn't include the new Harambe area or Skipper Canteen. Both area have added substantially to our guest experience.

Those are restanruants not attractions.

Maybe there needs to be a seperate poll for restaurants/lounges.

Several to choose from that opened 2015
Trader Sam
Jock Lindsey's
Morimoto
Boathouse
Harambe Market
Skipper Canteen
Food Trucks (or were they 2014?)

Goofyque'

Those are restanruants not attractions.

Maybe there needs to be a seperate poll for restaurants/lounges.

Several to choose from that opened 2015
Trader Sam
Jock Lindsey's
Morimoto
Boathouse
Harambe Market
Skipper Canteen
Food Trucks (or were they 2014?)

No argument about them not being "attractions". I was just addressing the implication that there was so little done in 2015. We went twice in 2014, and twice in 2015, and there was something new each trip. The Harambe walkway was great fun even without the great new food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom