POLL: Are you in favor of the Splash Mountain Re-theme?

Are you in favor of the re-theme of Splash Mountain? Votes Only Please.

• Yes

Votes: 203 29.9%
  • No

Votes: 475 70.1%

• Total voters

graphite1326

I said yes. My kids didn't even know what the story behind the ride was. Also, the new theme fits the theme of the land. Not that the Song of the South didn't but lately Disney doesn't seem to care about the theme of the land. Like Tomorrowland.

kwoodfan1

Big time Yes for me. Not for the ideological reasons, but I just can't muster any emotion towards Brer Rabbit. As much as I love the actual ride and the set pieces are elaborate, I have no real connection with the characters. I'm a ride or die for Big Al, love me some Jose, but I can take or leave the rabbit and his nondescript friends.

...Also, P&F is awesome. Great music, great characters. Dial it up.

UKDisney Dave

Big time Yes for me. Not for the ideological reasons, but I just can't muster any emotion towards Brer Rabbit. As much as I love the actual ride and the set pieces are elaborate, I have no real connection with the characters.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m all for a re-theme, not for any ideological reasons, but simply because when I ride it I always think to myself “this must be what it’s like having a bad acid trip” 😁

Last edited by a moderator:

Walt Disney1955

That's pretty much it. Splash Mountain is a cute, fun ride with some thrilling moments and laughs but is technically a terrible fit for Frontierland. Always has been. Even in DL, a New Orleans theme will be more complementary to that corner of the park.

The problem with this is that no one, not even people that for whatever reason voted "yes" on this poll, would have suggested that Splash Mountain of all things gets replaced.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Splash Mountain is my favorite ride in the parks, that said, I voted yes. Princess and the Frog is my favorite Disney movie so I have hope that I will love the new version too. I do hope they sneak in a Br'er Rabbit somewhere hidden on the new ride to pay homage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom