Police on buena vista drive

RSD Part Deux

Original Poster
Last night all along Buena Vista drive from Caribbean. Beach resort to the studios, there were police cruisers at every intersection. They had their emergency lights on. There were about 1-4 cruisers for approximately 5 consecutive intersections. This was going on from 4p till around 9 very odd.

disney4life2008

Last week there were police literally all over property. I was shocked to see the police staked out in the dark on world drive when i left epcot. The police are even very present in the parks.

RAXIP

The Cast Service Anniversary Celebration was at Studios last night. They were probably there for traffic control.

fugawe09

There was a Cast service celebration (in essence a park buyout). Traffic for these things at DHS gets crazy, so attendees get assigned varying travel routes and parking locations. Because these are "public" roads, law enforcement provides two functions that Disney Security cannot. They can close certain intersection movements, for example not allowing left turns into the park entrance. They can also direct traffic. But at an intersection with a working traffic signal they don't typically stand in the middle of the street anymore, they plug in a remote control at the service panel and manipulate the signal. They probably had their patrol cars lit up to alert people that something different was happening and to pay attention. Think about the number of Cast Members that probably drive that road on autopilot every day.

You see cops setup traps at a number of places at WDW. Here are some of their favorites. Last 10 days of the month ramp up for quota time.
- Stop sign rollers at Vista Blvd and Live Oak Lane
- Seatbelts, headlights, etc at DTD parking lot entrances
- N Buena Vista Dr just past Saratoga, usually in the evening behind oak trees in median.
- Epcot Center Dr, often sitting in median
- World Dr between Epcot Center Dr and 192, usually late at night.
- Western Way, usually early morning or evening hiding behind the overpass.
- Center Dr, around the Contemporary

Jakester

IMO, a large majority of CMs come in/off World Center Drive. Mostly Epcot/Some Studios/Caribbean Beach, DTD, ect in that area.

disney4life2008

There was a Cast service celebration (in essence a park buyout). Traffic for these things at DHS gets crazy, so attendees get assigned varying travel routes and parking locations. Because these are "public" roads, law enforcement provides two functions that Disney Security cannot. They can close certain intersection movements, for example not allowing left turns into the park entrance. They can also direct traffic. But at an intersection with a working traffic signal they don't typically stand in the middle of the street anymore, they plug in a remote control at the service panel and manipulate the signal. They probably had their patrol cars lit up to alert people that something different was happening and to pay attention. Think about the number of Cast Members that probably drive that road on autopilot every day.

You see cops setup traps at a number of places at WDW. Here are some of their favorites. Last 10 days of the month ramp up for quota time.
- Stop sign rollers at Vista Blvd and Live Oak Lane
- Seatbelts, headlights, etc at DTD parking lot entrances
- N Buena Vista Dr just past Saratoga, usually in the evening behind oak trees in median.
- Epcot Center Dr, often sitting in median
- World Dr between Epcot Center Dr and 192, usually late at night.
- Western Way, usually early morning or evening hiding behind the overpass.
- Center Dr, around the Contemporary

I concur I saw most of this activity last week. I wish they would go away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom