Points Usage Question

no1swfanindy

Original Poster
My wife and I are considering getting into the DVC, more than likely through a timeshare reseller than through Disney (can't afford full price)

My question is, if we get into the DVC and want to stay at a moderate resort, such as Carribean Beach, does that take ponts to stay there or do we pay regular price or as DVC members do we get a discount price for rooms?

slappy magoo

There is a point value for Moderate resorts, as well as a point value assigned to Deluxe resorts, Fort Wilderness (campsites AND "cabins"), resorts at other Disney destinations (Cali, Tokyo, Euro Disney & Hong Kong) & the Disney Cruise Line.

Most of the time, the point values are kinda prohibitive. You won't get the best bang for the buck. Put it this way: Staying at a moderate resort, standard view, value season, on DVC points, for one week? 140 points. You could stay for one week in a Studio at the Concierge Level of the Animal Kingdom Villas for 20 points less than that. Needless to say, more expensive times of year will require more points, and I won't even scare you with the point value for the Poly resort or a Cruise Line Cabin. :eek:

To answer the second part of your question, there is a reduced "DVC member" rate for the DVC resorts, in case you wanted to extend your vacation a night or two past the amount of points you have. There is no DVC member rate for any of the NON-DVC resorts. HOWEVER, if you buy yourself an annual pass (there IS a DVC member discount for annual passes, 100 for regular passes, 150 for the deluxe water-parks-included annual pass), you could possibly get a passholder discount on those rooms.

Hope that helps.

no1swfanindy

Original Poster
There is a point value for Moderate resorts, as well as a point value assigned to Deluxe resorts, Fort Wilderness (campsites AND "cabins"), resorts at other Disney destinations (Cali, Tokyo, Euro Disney & Hong Kong) & the Disney Cruise Line.

Most of the time, the point values are kinda prohibitive. You won't get the best bang for the buck. Put it this way: Staying at a moderate resort, standard view, value season, on DVC points, for one week? 140 points. You could stay for one week in a Studio at the Concierge Level of the Animal Kingdom Villas for 20 points less than that. Needless to say, more expensive times of year will require more points, and I won't even scare you with the point value for the Poly resort or a Cruise Line Cabin. :eek:

To answer the second part of your question, there is a reduced "DVC member" rate for the DVC resorts, in case you wanted to extend your vacation a night or two past the amount of points you have. There is no DVC member rate for any of the NON-DVC resorts. HOWEVER, if you buy yourself an annual pass (there IS a DVC member discount for annual passes, 100 for regular passes, 150 for the deluxe water-parks-included annual pass), you could possibly get a passholder discount on those rooms.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info. I was really just curious. I like CB alot but would probably rather stay at our "home" resort anyway.

GrowingUpDisney

I also believe that there is a $95.00 fee for using a resort in the Disney Collection, besides using Your points to stay there.

This was not always the case, but you are correct. There is now a $95 fee to convert your dvc points into reservation points.

Reservation points can be used at other Disney resorts and DCL (and maybe other bookings) but can not be turned back into DVC points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom