Pofq

psdisney

I currently have a res. at Wilderness Lodge for April (love it and have stayed before) but I was thinking of switching to POFQ to save a little money.

Couple of questions....

Which would be the best building to request to be close to the food court and buses?

How is the transpotation...if FQ the first stop and then off to Riverside?

About how long of a walk if you were at the furthest building to the buses, food court, and pool? Going with a 2 year old.

Thanks for all your help!

lovepooh

We were just there in Dec. We stayed in Bldg 4 which is the closest bldg to the busses and the food court and Jackson Square. The pool is like a 3min walk and the boat docks are just behind the pool. Everything is pretty close by. I would recomend requesting bldg 4. If you want a sit down resturant, there is one at riverside which is about a 10min walk - or you can take a water ferry.

Upvote 0
Building 4 is the closest, but this resort is much smaller than most. We were in Bldg. 6 and the walk was maybe 1 minute longer for us, maybe two minutes but I doubt it.

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Buildings 3 and 4 are closest to the food court and bus stop, but even the furthest buildings from the entrance are only about a two minute walk...tops. This resort is a gem, especially for families with kids. Forget anything you know about all the other moderate and large resorts. Least walking time of any resort and laid out in a quaint and pretty manner.

If it is an "unbusy" time of year, POFQ stops at Riverside, but since there is usually no "unbusy" time of year for WDW anymore, POFQ usually has a dedicated bus for that resort. But if they do stop at POR, POFQ gets the first stop.

You can also take the boat to Downtown Disney. There is a dock at the back end of POFQ. You will not be disappointed with this resort.

Upvote 0

mm52

I currently have a res. at Wilderness Lodge for April (love it and have stayed before) but I was thinking of switching to POFQ to save a little money.

Couple of questions....

Which would be the best building to request to be close to the food court and buses?

How is the transpotation...if FQ the first stop and then off to Riverside?

About how long of a walk if you were at the furthest building to the buses, food court, and pool? Going with a 2 year old.

Thanks for all your help!

We always request building 2, the ground floor. We're older and love not having to climb the stairs after a long day at the parks. It's just to the right of the food court, close to the pool and laundry, also not a long walk to the bus stop. We've stayed at FQ about 15 times and find that this the best location for us.
Hope that helps! Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Another tip. Unlike Caribbean Beach where there are no elevators, there are elevators at POFQ if you end up with a second story room and don't want to walk, or if you need to haul any equipment like strollers up.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

POFQ is so pleasantly compact that even the farthest-away room is still pretty darn close. The last time I was there, I timed my walk from the very farthest point (the far corner of Buolding 1, by the river) to the door of the food court, and at a very normal pace the walk took me 3 minutes 20 seconds. I had a longer walk when staying at a Great Wolf Lodge, and that was all inside one building!

I'll put the distances in a more metaphorical manner. Imagine you have Oprah Winfrey, the Queen of England and Bill Gates in a room together. Oprah would be the "poorest" person in that room, but of course she's nowhere near poor. Same with the far corners of Building 1 or Building 7 ... yes, they're the "farthest" from the food court, but (of course) they're nowhere near far.

If you want to be as close as possible to the food court, then simply put in your request as "close to food court and bus stop." That will be much better than putting in a building number.

The pool is closer to just about every room than the food court is, so you really can't be too far from the pool.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Building 5 for us!!

Building 5 is next to the pool and laundry area and very close to the Food
Court. We were in the back of building second floor with a beautiful river view plus it was VERY quiet. The boat ride to DTD is also very close to Building! Have a great vacation :wave:

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we stayed at a really close building and then the farthest away the second stay and only noticed a little minor trouble with taking food back to the room from the food court when we stayed farther away but the walk is short by resort standards.

Upvote 0

gboiler1

I agree with everyone! POFQ was wonderful, "small", quiet and easy to get around. Water taxi is a great alt option and buses are the first if not the only bus stop, so that was a big plus to us.
Only reason we aren't staying there is because we wanted to stay at a different resort.
I know you won't be disappointed...enjoy!

Upvote 0

DisneyNole

I adore POFQ! I've stayed in buildings 4 and 5, super close to everything. We've never had a problem with distance. The elevators are great at the end of a long day. We prefer the food court over others we've tried. The rooms are cute and curtains separate the bedroom from the sink/mirror area. In December, we only had 1 bus go to Riverside and all the others went right on to the parks. Upon return, POFQ is the first stop of the 2. The boat to DD is relaxing and convenient, we also took the boat to DD and then a bus directly from there to another resort for dinner.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i've stayed at pofq twice and on my last visit at bwi. the bus situation for pofq was fine. we were either the only hotel on the route or first (before por). the time to/from parks was fine. when we just stayed at bwi we waited almost an hour for a bus from mk to the resort and then stopped at 4 or 5 resorts before ours... took forever. pofq was great, the resort was pretty, and the staff was great. this is my favorite moderate level resort.

Upvote 0
PoFQ is one of my favorites! Everything is close together. Then you have the River and the boat that brings you to DTD. Very nice boat ride and relaxing! Besides, that I would definitely recommend staying there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom