Pofq

profolly

Hi
Our plans have changed and we have had to downgrade from GF to POFQ anyone been there recently whats it like ?
Thanks in advance

Viv

pinkrose

Hi
Our plans have changed and we have had to downgrade from GF to POFQ anyone been there recently whats it like ?
Thanks in advance

Viv

POFQ is my favorite resort. It has a nice relaxing atmosphere. There's beautiful gardens and fountains. The cobblestone streets are a very nice touch. There's a very nice boat ride to DTD. I think you'll like it.

You may want to check out these pictures... http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/pofqss.htm

Upvote 0

mgraef

I am not sure what you are used to but this is the only resort I have stayed at in the World. I will be there again in December (3rd in 3 years).

I like that it is the smallest of the non-deluxe resorts. It is easy to get around, the pool is fun, the walk to PORS is quite nice as well.

The best thing is that it is the first stop for buses going to the park and the first stop after a long day, close to EPCOT and MK.

I do not care for DTD but if you do the boat is a nice way to get there.

The rooms are pleasant, not spectacular, with lots of hidden Mickeys throughout. The gardens and fountains and lobby are all nice. Foodcourt is standard fare.

My sister's family and my parents were there with us last time and they all loved it as well. They left the choice of resort to us and since we knew it was nice, we did not risk any other place. Now they insist we stay there again, even though I have been considering AK and WL.

I am confident you will enjoy your stay.

Peace

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

The busses from FQ are never crowded. At times, when they share with Riverside they can get full - but I have never on my many trips to WDW always staying at FQ over the past few years ever seen the busses overloaded or crowded. Best thing at FQ - the boat ride down to Downtown Disney and back, especially in the dark -- what a wonderful way to unwind.

Upvote 0

sbkline

How long is the walk from FQ to Riverside? And are there seperate bus stops for each, or does the bus pick up everyone from both resorts at FQ?

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I bet others would agree with me that POFQ isn't necessarily a "downgrade" as you see it.

I love this resort and am a fairly recent convert to it! My last stay here was one of the best times I've ever had at a WDW resort. I was pleasantly surprised by it's small size and how easy it was to find my way around. The grounds were beautifully decorated and maintained. The whole "French Quarter" theme was eveident in every little detail - the way we always pictured the "real" French Quarter might have been at one time long ago.

As RONANNARBOR mentioned, a nice bonus was having the water taxi right there to head over to Riverside and Downtown Disney.

At night, there was live music in the front entry area near the food court and bar and made for a great place to sit a while, relax, have a dirnk or two, and end a busy day. We found the staff overall to be quite a bit friendlier than at some of the other resorts, and I credit this to the resort manager, who was quite friendly and professional too!

The bus stops at POFQ before heading over to Riverside, so we always got seats in the morning. Overall, always a great stay at POFQ!

ENJOY!

:wave:

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Oh my gosh, we have SO many threads on how the busses work there --

There are separate stops for Riv and FW -- sometimes one bus will start at FW and then go all the way around to all the stops at Riv as well. FQ has one stop. Riv has I believe 5 (4 for sure)

Usually, they are separate (except for off peak). At park close time, both resorts have their own busses.

You don't need to walk to the other resort to get the bus. On the other hand, the one time I got stuck at Riv when FQ was sold out, I did take the 10 minute walk to FQ to get their bus to the parks, because the Riv busses are ridiculous.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

How long is the walk from FQ to Riverside? And are there seperate bus stops for each, or does the bus pick up everyone from both resorts at FQ?

It's a beautiful walk with great scenery, right along the river from POFQ to Riverside and back!

At an average pace, the walk should be nice 15 minutes or less, depending on where you are staring from and where you end your stroll. If you walk over, be sure to take the boat back just for the experience!

HAVE FUN!

:wave:

Upvote 0

profolly

Original Poster
Thanks guys what a lot of help you all love POFQ . I didn't mean it as an insult to POFQ I just meant it will be a different experience and, I think for me personally a better one

Viv

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I stayed there this last Nov/Dec for the first time.
I enjoyed the resort - small, cozy with the Disney Magic.
The only thing that stood out to me was the size of the food court.
Still had the selections - just smaller than what I am acustom to from Pop and CBR. However, a short walk to POR and you can dine there as well if you choose. Enjoy your stay!!

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I stayed there this last Nov/Dec for the first time.
I enjoyed the resort - small, cozy with the Disney Magic.
The only thing that stood out to me was the size of the food court.
Still had the selections - just smaller than what I am acustom to from Pop and CBR. However, a short walk to POR and you can dine there as well if you choose. Enjoy your stay!!

We must have been there at the same time! We were there Nov. 26 - Dec. 3 .

Upvote 0

mgraef

All of the threads are true. It is a great place to stay. The walk to RS is quite short from the pool area at FQ to the central area near Boatrights Dining Hall. 10-15 minutes max - 4 minutes if you run. Plus you can take the boat from FQ to RS which is fun too, and is usually easy to get a seat after the FQ residents disembark.

To reiterate, the bus situation is great. A few time we went through RS for pick ups. There were a few times that I ended up standing only to give up a seat to a child or a lady. Most often I had my son with me so I had a seat.

I have never been at peak times like Summer while on property, but the buses have always been waiting for us. We left a couple of times when we "should not" - after the fireworks and parades at EPCOT and MK on busy days. Never had any problems.

Have a great trip,
mg

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

We stayed there for our honeymoon and really enjoyed it! It was so quiet and relaxing...our room overlooked the river which was nice. We also LOVED being close to DTD.

The only time I noticed crowded buses was when we were leaving MK at closing, but like someone else mentioned, there is a separate bus for POFQ. The late afternoon might get busy leaving the resort to head to the parks, but it's really manageable. We only had to stand once, I think.

All in all...it's a lovely resort!

Hope you have a wonderful time! :wave:

Upvote 0

profolly

Original Poster
Another question for you guys from this newbie when you check in if you don't have a car will they deliver your luggage for you. I have a daughter with a few health problems

Viv x :)

Upvote 0
POFQ is wonderful.. I was there for my honeymoon last may and had an amazing time.. It's quiet and beautiful.. The boat ride and proximity to DTD is a great feature.. When we were there last time we did share buses with POR, however FQ is the first pick up so you're almost guaranteed a seat..

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom