POFQ vs. CBR

normbalko

We are headed to WDW at the end of this month, and it will be our first time NOT staying at CBR. I've finally decided to try something different and since POFQ is often talked highly of, I thought we'd give it a try. My wife is freaking out, and is convinced it won't be as nice as CBR. Anyone out there want to give me some input so I can put her fears to rest??

aw14

I have stayed at both....they are truly polar opposites of each other. CBR is enormous, it is a great setting but there are many bus stops in that resort alone. FQ is entirely different. Also a wonderful setting, but it is very small and quite quaint. If it was my choice, it is FQ all the way.

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
Queen size beds?! I hadn't heard that, that's awesome! How long is the boat ride to DTD from POFQ? And does the boat run back and forth until DTD closes?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Queen size beds?! I hadn't heard that, that's awesome! How long is the boat ride to DTD from POFQ? And does the boat run back and forth until DTD closes?
If you catch it coming from Riverside the ride is about 20 minutes. Coming from DTD tack on about 10-15 minutes to go to Riverside and then back to POFQ again. It runs until 11:00 PM but there is a bus after that.

Upvote 0
We have stayed at both, depending where your room is at CBR it can be a lot of walking. POFQ ( also POR ) had a nice vibe in our minds. Plus with the two resorts side by side you so have access to more food options and the already mentioned boat.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I love POFQ and consider it my home resort...I've stayed at CB twice when POFQ was fully booked and hated it...really hated it. I hated having to take the bus even to get breakfast. I hated the 20 minutes it took for it to make its round of the enormous resort. In fact its a resort I would never stay at again. Once you stay at POFQ you will not want to stay anywhere else. And the secret is out-- its now one of the hardest to book moderates...and when the other moderates are doing deep discounts, POFQ is always full price.

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
thanks for all the responses, this has certainly put her mind at ease. i've always known CBR has flaws, but we've always had a good time and have lots of good memories there. We've been to WDW 3 times and stayed at CBR all three times, so it'll be weird not being there, but probably for the best to experience something new and likely better.

thanks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom