POFQ refurbishments for some rooms starting soon:

Eric Graham

Original Poster
Some POFQ beginning next month through November:

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Hoping we will be lucky to get the building and room we requested and our accommodations wont be affected. There was a trip we took years ago staying at POFQ and we arrived were moved to a building less accommodating for us.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
Hoping we will be lucky to get the building and room we requested and our accommodations wont be affected. There was a trip we took years ago staying at POFQ and we arrived were moved to a building less accommodating for us.
I hope you get your favorite building and room also! It is a nice resort, but we've tried in the past to venture away from the pool while staying there due to the noise, but overall the resort is very wonderful with really friendly and accommodating staff! Pretty fun to take a carriage ride also!

Last edited:

mf1972

surprised to hear this news. FQ has become our favorite resort. curious to see how the refurbishments look & what it consists of.

todd23

We stayed at POFQ in January of 2022 and were very disappointed in the rooms. They felt really dated. Prior to that, we had stayed at POP and we actually missed those rooms. The storage is so much better and modern.

JIMINYCR

I hope you get your favorite building and room also! It is a nice resort, but we've tried in the past to venture away from the pool while staying there due to the noise, but overall the resort is very wonderful with really friendly and accommodating staff! Pretty fun to take a carriage ride also!
We always request building 4. Its away from the noise, the room is across from the frog pool, easy access to our w/c van in the parking area and close to the bus stops. We need a roll in shower so we get the same room every time when available.

Eric Graham

Original Poster
We always request building 4. Its away from the noise, the room is across from the frog pool, easy access to our w/c van in the parking area and close to the bus stops. We need a roll in shower so we get the same room every time when available.
I can't remember which building we stayed at. It was some time ago.

mf1972

we’ve stayed in building 4 on 3 occasions & it’s a great spot. we’ve had a king bed corner room in 4219 & 4319 if i remember correctly. we were seconds away from the food court & bus stops. perfect location.

mf1972

i liked the way the rooms looked now vs our 1st stay there about 10-11 years ago, although it’s kind of bland. hoping it has a bit more theming to it, & wondering if they’ll put keurig machines in there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I am planning a trip for early December and haven't seen any room availability at French Quarter, I assume that is because of these renovations. Probably going to do Riverside instead, but I prefer French Quarter.

cbarry26

Love this resort! I so hope they don't go overboard with some sort of Princess and The Frog or other character theme. Some times they do a nice subtle job with this like the Mary Poppins details at the Grand Floridian but other times, in my opinion at least, it's just too much - like the Incredibles rooms at the Contemporary.

spock8113

They did some major renovations about 5 years back or so. The rooms weren't musty anymore and the exterior repaints were brighter and landscaping was cut back some to make it less "dreary". Although a Bayou Cemetery was somewhat the original atmosphere. The Bayou area is really nice and they need to keep the mega-Vegas Hotels out of there. The other Vegas-style hotels are just that, but they tried putting lipstick on a pig. All I see is Biff's Pleasure Palace. Disappointing.

Ayla

They did some major renovations about 5 years back or so. The rooms weren't musty anymore and the exterior repaints were brighter and landscaping was cut back some to make it less "dreary". Although a Bayou Cemetery was somewhat the original atmosphere. The Bayou area is really nice and they need to keep the mega-Vegas Hotels out of there. The other Vegas-style hotels are just that, but they tried putting lipstick on a pig. All I see is Biff's Pleasure Palace. Disappointing.
You must be talking about POR, as none of that applies to POFQ.

nickys

Premium Member
Thought I would post this...This is on topic...Again, we really enjoyed this resort when we stayed here:
Quite an interesting article but one or two things jumped out at me as odd.

On AKL they say “there are live animals here and if you’re lucky you can get a room with a view of them”. It’s not luck, you can book a savannah view room!

It also talks about the table service dining and after saying how amazing the menus are, it says that Jiko, Boma and Sanaa are their favourites. Those are the only TS restaurants!

mf1972

read today on another website that the pool closed again for refurbishment. guests can take a shuttle or walk to RS to use the pool over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom