POFQ preferred room vs pool view

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Can someone tell me how they differentiate the preferred room vs pool at Port Orleans French Quarter? Which buildings house each? We love when we stay at Allstar Sports in building 1 or 6 (their category of preferred room) and we're super close to the main pool and the food court. Then we just make a 1st floor request and are happy as clams so we're trying to do basically the same thing at POFQ. I haven't stayed there in a few years and back then we'd stayed in either a standard room or a Royal room. Thanks.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Pool view rooms are in buildings 2 and 5 and tend to be noisy in our experience. Preferred rooms are in building 4 but it is not necessary to pay the premium since the entire resort is compact (much smaller than the All Stars) and you can be at the pool/bus stop/food court from any building in less than 5 minutes. We have been super close to the food court/bus from rooms in building 2 (non pool view) and 3.

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
There is not a preferred room category at French Quarter - the categories are standard, garden, pool, and river. The preferred rooms are only offered at Riverside.

So a pool view room would likely be in buildings 2 or 5. Someone posted that the pool view rooms here were only for the 2nd and 3rd floors tho. Do you (or anyone else) know if that's true? I like a first floor room because of a physical disability in our group so we always request that and know it's just a request of course and my sister, whose traveling with us next trip wants a pool view.

KLeigh

So a pool view room would likely be in buildings 2 or 5. Someone posted that the pool view rooms here were only for the 2nd and 3rd floors tho. Do you (or anyone else) know if that's true? I like a first floor room because of a physical disability in our group so we always request that and know it's just a request of course and my sister, whose traveling with us next trip wants a pool view.

Check this out for more information: http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-accommodation.php

They have great color-coded building maps letting you know which rooms in which buildings have a specific view.

EpcotCenter82

Yes, this is correct. The first floor rooms in buildings 2 and 5 have foliage between the rooms and the pool so they are classified as garden view not pool view. All of the building at POFQ have elevators.

Belle_MTL

When we stayed there (4 years ago) we had a ground level room in front of the parking lot. I remember walking around and feeling grateful that we weren't over looking the pool because of the noise. Surprisingly even though we were in front of the parking lot, we had absolutely no noise issues. We loved POFQ, and none of us had any complaints (party of 10, 3 rooms).

draybook

We had a pool room a couple of years ago. We didn't notice any noise and we were on the second floor. Hope that helps.

Tinkerbella16

I honestly don't think POFQ even needs a preferred category, since the resort is so small. I would not bother paying preferred at POFQ, but Riverside is a different story. All of the buildings at POFQ are great, and even the ones by the pool are quiet.

JourneysEnd

There is not a preferred room category at French Quarter - the categories are standard, garden, pool, and river. The preferred rooms are only offered at Riverside.
I was wondering where that was coming from. I'm booked at POFQ and I only had the options you show. Building 4 for example has both standard and garden rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom