POFQ or POR?

What is your favorite Port Orleans Resort?

• French Quarter

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Riverside

Votes: 23 45.1%

• Total voters

nicb88

I do prefer POR as the theming is lush and the backstory fits really well. But we tend to stay at POFQ due to it’s smaller size. The fact they’re connected and you can use facilities at both means it’s really a no brainier for us on where to actually stay.

muddyrivers

I voted for POR mainly because that resort will always be home to me and my family. I have stayed there since I was a baby and absolutely love the ambiance, the size (great paths to run and bike ride), and can't forget the awesome main building containing Boatwright's and the Food Court!

LeighM

I prefer Riverside because of the larger size (it just seems to me more quiet), bigger food court, table service option, Yeehaw Bob, and the pool area. It also doesn't hurt that there are typically better room discounts at Riverside than French Quarter lol. There is something about Riverside that makes me and my husband relax as soon as we enter the property. You can't go wrong with either option though. We still visit French Quarter to listen to the musicians and get their beignets.

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm liking the responses. Other questions, for either resort, do you have a preference for Garden vs. River View? For POR, do you like Alligator Bayou or Magnolia. I've stayed in Alligator Bayou and liked it.

Minnie Mum

I'm liking the responses. Other questions, for either resort, do you have a preference for Garden vs. River View? For POR, do you like Alligator Bayou or Magnolia. I've stayed in Alligator Bayou and liked it.

We've stayed in all of the room categories at POFQ and standard and garden views in POR. Frankly, I think location (distance to the bus stop and food court) is more important than the view. The mods don't have balconies, so the only time you can enjoy the view is when you are coming from or to your room. Leaving your curtains and blinds open means no one inside the room has any privacy from people passing by on the sidewalk or verandah just outside.

mf1972

i voted FQ. stayed there twice & will again this November. although i liked the look of POR, but we prefer the smaller sized FQ. just a matter of preference

JohnD

Original Poster
We've stayed in all of the room categories at POFQ and standard and garden views in POR. Frankly, I think location (distance to the bus stop and food court) is more important than the view. The mods don't have balconies, so the only time you can enjoy the view is when you are coming from or to your room. Leaving your curtains and blinds open means no one inside the room has any privacy from people passing by on the sidewalk or verandah just outside.

Thanks. I’m currently holding a river view room in POFQ for December and wondering about switching views and/or resorts. I’ve pretty much decided on one of the PO resorts for boat access to DS.

JohnD

Original Poster
I voted for POR mainly because that resort will always be home to me and my family. I have stayed there since I was a baby and absolutely love the ambiance, the size (great paths to run and bike ride), and can't forget the awesome main building containing Boatwright's and the Food Court!

Which area do you like better: Aligator Bayou or Magnolia Plantation?

TARDIS

I voted French quarter after having resort envy when we walked over from Riverside. Riverside is beautiful! But very large and sprawling and could be a long walk to the main building. While FQ is small so you are never far from the amenities and I preferred the look over alligator bayou. Both are excellent resorts though:inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom