POFQ or CSR

staceycrouton

We love everything about POFQ. It is the smallest of the moderate resorts with a little over 1,000 rooms. It seems like you're never far away from the buses, food court, pool, or hotel store no matter where your room is. We love the New Orleans theming and how calm and peaceful the grounds are after a crazy day at the parks. Also, one of our favorite things to do is to take the boat from the hotel to Downtown Disney. DD10 and DD8 love the pool with it's sea serpent/dragon slide. We use the food court mainly for breakfast or to grab a quick pizza but the beignets are delicious also. POFQ doesn't have a table service restaurant but POR does if you want to take a short walk over there. We love POFQ and highly reccommend it.:)

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

While POFQ is quaint and has nice grounds, it seems rather bland with no atmosphere. And as i always say, they have the smallest beds of all resorts, they are fulls. So for two adults weighing under 165 each, its tiny and uncomfortable. Therejust isnt the chemistry with this resort as at all the other mods. It's incomplete. POR is way better on so many notes, and CSR is also way more complete.

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds while the other mods have doubles like the values. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK I Am going to check other simply because I cant decide between the two. It really does depend on your situation, your group makeup, what you want/need out of a resort. I personally do lean toward CSR between the two, but have stayed at FQ more recently than CSR. I think both resorts are great and I am happy I dont have to choose!!!! Marie

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

Original Poster
OK I Am going to check other simply because I cant decide between the two. It really does depend on your situation, your group makeup, what you want/need out of a resort. I personally do lean toward CSR between the two, but have stayed at FQ more recently than CSR. I think both resorts are great and I am happy I dont have to choose!!!! Marie

I'm travelling with 3 kids (7, 6, 3) a wheelchair and possibly NOT a husband LOL

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I'm still not sure about the resort choice, but if you are using a wheelchair for someone in your party, and have three kids, I'd seriously look into an ECV rental for the trip. The ease of the person in the wheelchair just being able to get up and go is well worth the trouble to get one.
Re reading your post are you a party of 4 or 5 people? If you are 5 the only resort that could accomodate you at the Moderate level is Port Orleans Riverside. You also have the option of the Family Suites at the All Star Music resort. There are some options in the Deluxe and Deluxe Villa levels as well, let me know if you need that information. If you are only 4 people either of your original resorts would work. Marie

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I'm still not sure about the resort choice, but if you are using a wheelchair for someone in your party, and have three kids, I'd seriously look into an ECV rental for the trip. The ease of the person in the wheelchair just being able to get up and go is well worth the trouble to get one.
Re reading your post are you a party of 4 or 5 people? If you are 5 the only resort that could accomodate you at the Moderate level is Port Orleans Riverside. You also have the option of the Family Suites at the All Star Music resort. There are some options in the Deluxe and Deluxe Villa levels as well, let me know if you need that information. If you are only 4 people either of your original resorts would work. Marie

Sorry I wasnt clear :eek: the (will be) 6yr old uses the chair. I am a family of 5 but my youngest is only 3 and can use a playyard or all 3 share a bed. If I recall, Disney allows 5 in a 4 room if the child is 3 or under. I have been casually glancing at the Deluxe rooms, though, but I feel like that's wishful thinking. I was looking at the Contemporary as it's the cheapest and we get military rates.

The ease of the person in the wheelchair just being able to get up and go is well worth the trouble to get one.

That's IF they can get up :p

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there, I hope I am not coming off as insensitive, it is tough to tell when all you have is the printed word. I am with you on the 6 year old though and understand your situation a little better. I looked up on the official site and to have 5 people in a room the youngest must be under 3, not at the age of 3. If all 5 of you are going, that would definitely put you in Riverside without a doubt at the Moderate level. If you do end up over there and request a trundle bed, be sure to ask for a ground floor room as the buildings that have the trundles DON'T have elevators. Also the least expensive of the Deluxe Resorts are the Wilderness Lodge or the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'd definitely check in with them especially if you are able to use a military discount. Both resorts do have larger rooms which may work out well in this case. Marie

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom