POFQ in October.... should I book it now or wait for a better deal?!?

MidwestDisneyDarling

Original Poster
Currently I am really wanting to stay at POFQ mid-October as I have never stayed there before. It isn't included in the free dining deal so it isn't sold out yet...but I'm still wondering if there will be a Passholder deal coming later in June. Should I book it now just in case or risk waiting for a better deal? Can I get an updated pricing if a deal comes along this summer?? Thank you!! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Book now if you really want to stay there and want to be assured a room. POFQ is frequently excluded from promotions and has not been included in recent AP room discounts. Should a discount come along you can change your reservation (note that you will have to make the change as Disney does not automatically apply discounts to existing reservations.)

Skibum1970

Book now if you really want to stay there and want to be assured a room. POFQ is frequently excluded from promotions and has not been included in recent AP room discounts. Should a discount come along you can change your reservation (note that you will have to make the change as Disney does not automatically apply discounts to existing reservations.)

This.

tagguy

Awesome, thank you for the replies everyone! I will bite the bullet and book while I can! :)
Awesome, thank you for the replies everyone! I will bite the bullet and book while I can! :)
We have always booked with Kristina at Small World Vacations. If any discounts become available, Kristina notifies us and handles everything with Disney. No worries that you'll miss something.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds like you've already got your answer! We love POFQ but unfortunately it's often excluded in discounts. If you can fit the rate you see into your budget, I'd go ahead and book it. You can always change your mind later and pick a different resort if a deal you just can't pass out comes out!

JIMINYCR

Its so frustrating to get a notice about a discount or dining deal, start getting excited with the possibilities, only to keep reading through to find POFQ is one of the few resorts excluded.

CaptainAmerica

I wouldn't recommend POFQ over POR if there's a 20%+ discount involved at Riverside only. If they were the same price, POFQ gets the nod, but Riverside is nearly its equal and definitely worth the discounted rate.

Skibum1970

Not to disagree but looking at July on the Passholder website I’m able to get about a 10% off rate at POFQ. For me the additional 10% would not be worth making th switch to riverside.

I'm not entirely sure why you quoted me but I would agree. I was agreeing with @Tuvalu that I would book now and then, if a discount becomes available later, I would call Disney and ask them to honor it. They have done so in the past and that way I get the resort I wanted.

MidwestDisneyDarling

Original Poster
Not only that, depending on the resort you're staying at, the dining plan may differ.
Not to disagree but looking at July on the Passholder website I’m able to get about a 10% off rate at POFQ. For me the additional 10% would not be worth making th switch to riverside.

Is this 10% passholder discount you are talking about for only the summer rates or is there an additional code? I'm a passholder so the dining plan discount wasn't an interest to me for this fall, but I wonder if there might not be a fall passholder discount for some of the moderates. *fingers crossed*

durangojim

Is this 10% passholder discount you are talking about for only the summer rates or is there an additional code? I'm a passholder so the dining plan discount wasn't an interest to me for this fall, but I wonder if there might not be a fall passholder discount for some of the moderates. *fingers crossed*
I believe they are the summer rates. I just went into the disneyworld.com site then clicked on passholder and then resort offers, clicked on the one from June-August and put in dates in the end of July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom