POFQ - first time visit!

LeighM

French Quarter is such a small hotel that I don't think there are any bad sections or rooms. I know Disney prices the river view rooms at a premium but I honestly don't think it's worth it at POFQ. You don't have a private balcony and most of the time (at least for us), the curtains are closed for privacy when we're in our room and the boat horns can get loud. The last time we stayed we got a standard room in building 7 next to the parking lot. And we loved it!! Hardly anyone went past our door, there were some trees to help block the view of the parking lot, a very quick walk to the bus stop and the lobby. Plus, it was a closer walk to Riverside. The Port Orleans resorts are my favorite on property. We saved a few hundred dollars switching room categories and were able to put that towards some really good dining expenses.

Here is the view from our door. I think we only saw a few people back there our whole trip LOL. It was, by far, one of our quietest Disney vacations 🤣
PXL_20211212_170223835.jpg

Tiggertoo56

Hiya from another UK member! I've stayed at both POR & POFQ twice and love them both! Going back to POR thus September too as the weeks we wanted at POFQ were not available on our package.
Stayed in a corner room (overlooking the car park) and river view room on different levels.Can honestly say in either building we were in at FQ we didn't get a lot of noise or disruption.
Enjoy your visit!

s&k'smom

We stayed one night back and January and absolutely loved it. We had a corner room (which had two windows and it made the room feel a little roomier) and it was a short walk to the water. We loved the compactness of the resort as it was so easy explore with the short time we had. Busses worked great. I will say the bathroom was a bit small but my goodness it was spotlessly clean and you must get the beignets. I hope I spelt that right, they were deliciousl

jaklgreen

The whole resort is nice and quiet. I would not spend the extra money on a river view room. I always get the standard room and I can't say that there is a bad location in the entire resort.

mf1972

i think that’s the beauty of the FQ. it’s such a small compact resort, even if you’re in the furthest room location, it’s not far from the main lobby, etc. we had a water view room in building 6 once. it was maybe a 2 minute walk to the food court.

NelleBelle

I cancelled our YC stay and transferred it over to POFQ! Primary reason was to save a ton of $$, but second reason is that we love this resort! It was the very first WDW I've ever stayed at. Love the overall theming, no internal bus loops (ok, occasionally they share with POR), the beignets, the boat to DS. I think the theming of POFQ is the best on property for immersion. And it's just so peaceful! My only wish is that they had a quiet/leisure pool as I feel the main pool can get a little crowded.

Ayla

I cancelled our YC stay and transferred it over to POFQ! Primary reason was to save a ton of $$, but second reason is that we love this resort! It was the very first WDW I've ever stayed at. Love the overall theming, no internal bus loops (ok, occasionally they share with POR), the beignets, the boat to DS. I think the theming of POFQ is the best on property for immersion. And it's just so peaceful! My only wish is that they had a quiet/leisure pool as I feel the main pool can get a little crowded.
Not sure when you are going, but for those visiting soon, the water taxis are not running due to low water levels. They are closed until central FL gets a lot of rain.

Raxel7851

Not sure when you are going, but for those visiting soon, the water taxis are not running due to low water levels. They are closed until central FL gets a lot of rain.
That’s great info @Ayla ! We were there 2 years ago and they stopped running the boats because of too much rain! The boats wouldn’t fit under the bridges. Those DS springs boats are in my top 5 reasons for staying at POFQ.

NelleBelle

Not sure when you are going, but for those visiting soon, the water taxis are not running due to low water levels. They are closed until central FL gets a lot of rain.h
I'd heard they'd had to suspend the boat service due to lack of rain. Unfortunate for those with trips coming up in the next few days. Hoping there won't be any hiccups when we go the end of Aug/Sep. I think we also were at POFQ once when the boat service couldn't run due to too much rain.

Eric Graham

I'd heard they'd had to suspend the boat service due to lack of rain. Unfortunate for those with trips coming up in the next few days. Hoping there won't be any hiccups when we go the end of Aug/Sep. I think we also were at POFQ once when the boat service couldn't run due to too much rain.
Here's an article about that:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom