POFQ Construction?

GoalieGirl16

Original Poster
Hi all! I saw something yesterday about construction starting over at POFQ's main building. Does anyone know if this will impact anything other than the check-in area? I have all our wedding guests staying there and am now living in fear that I have unwittingly asked them to stay in a construction zone. (I also live in fear that my future MIL won't let me hear the end of it if I did, but I also know that if it isn't this it will be something else.) I think I had my first genuine total bride-y freak out about it too.

Is the QS dining area in the main building and do we know if it will be impacted? I would hate for everyone to have to schlep to Riverside for breakfast. If that is the case I will do the work of rebooking everyone over there. I just don't really want to do the work of rebooking all 9 rooms if you know what I mean.

Also I read that the construction has an anticipated end date of July. Does anyone know if that means the beginning of July or the end? Most people in the group are arriving the last week of July but I know that these things sometimes run over.

Anyone? Help?

MouseDreaming

Hi all! I saw something yesterday about construction starting over at POFQ's main building. Does anyone know if this will impact anything other than the check-in area? I have all our wedding guests staying there and am now living in fear that I have unwittingly asked them to stay in a construction zone. (I also live in fear that my future MIL won't let me hear the end of it if I did, but I also know that if it isn't this it will be something else.) I think I had my first genuine total bride-y freak out about it too.

Is the QS dining area in the main building and do we know if it will be impacted? I would hate for everyone to have to schlep to Riverside for breakfast. If that is the case I will do the work of rebooking everyone over there. I just don't really want to do the work of rebooking all 9 rooms if you know what I mean.

Also I read that the construction has an anticipated end date of July. Does anyone know if that means the beginning of July or the end? Most people in the group are arriving the last week of July but I know that these things sometimes run over.

Anyone? Help?
Take deep breaths. That's better. This is just for the check in area. I suppose you would get a good amount of noise from it in Sassagoula, but I am not anticipating hearing much anywhere else in the resort when we are there in June. The last time we were there, they were doing the room refurbs, and it didn't bother us at all.

Now, unless they run into unexpected problems, it looks like they should be finishing mid July. In which case, your future MIL will find the lobby stunning!
Congratulations!
ps- PortOrleans.org has up to date info on it, and is a great site just to check out the goings on over at Port Orleans

GoalieGirl16

Original Poster
Thanks! I know I sound insane. I have put all this pressure on myself to make sure that everyone has the absolute best time possible since I am asking them to spend time and money traveling to WDW for our wedding. My MIL is.. is... Well, she is a handful.

Seriously, thank you! You made my night. I owe you a drink or your favorite cupcake!

MouseDreaming

Thanks! I know I sound insane. I have put all this pressure on myself to make sure that everyone has the absolute best time possible since I am asking them to spend time and money traveling to WDW for our wedding. My MIL is.. is... Well, she is a handful.

Seriously, thank you! You made my night. I owe you a drink or your favorite cupcake!
Have a drink by the pool for me! FQ is beautiful. You couldn't have chosen a lovelier resort for your guests.

JIMINYCR

Congratulations. POFQ is a resort where you will have a more peaceful stay, less kids running around crazy. Be sure to book a romantic carriage ride along to Sassagoula river. The CM's will probably perk your reservation cause of the wedding. You should be safe by the end of July, if theres anything left to do it probably would be cosmetic/ touch up things. MIL should like your choice of Resort. The grounds are beautiful.

RonAnnArbor

Not to worry -- POFQ is the only resort I stay at -- and the "refurb" is just that -- it will be ready on time, and it isn't major construction. It isn't blocking up anything with the food court -- just the main lobby. Even if it isn't ready for some reason (and it will be) there isn't any sawing and jackhammering and "construction" going on.

GoalieGirl16

Original Poster
Congratulations. POFQ is a resort where you will have a more peaceful stay, less kids running around crazy. Be sure to book a romantic carriage ride along to Sassagoula river. The CM's will probably perk your reservation cause of the wedding. You should be safe by the end of July, if theres anything left to do it probably would be cosmetic/ touch up things. MIL should like your choice of Resort. The grounds are beautiful.

I am glad that is your opinion of POFQ! I have a mix of "Disney People" and decidedly "Not Disney People" attending and hoped that the resort would be the right choice for all parties. Your summary makes me feel so much better!

JIMINYCR

I am glad that is your opinion of POFQ! I have a mix of "Disney People" and decidedly "Not Disney People" attending and hoped that the resort would be the right choice for all parties. Your summary makes me feel so much better!

Ohhh, I hope Handful MIL is not among those in the " Not Disney People" category. If so, a boat ride from the POFQ dock to DTD with less "in your face Disney" might be of interest her, and there are lots of other enjoyable things within the Orlando area that they can be pointed towards, via car or taxi ride.

real mad hatter

I picked it based on your enthusiasm for the place. I am totally serious. The way you described it made me think it was the perfect choice.
I'll be very surprised if you don't have a magical time.I rate it the best moderate ( along with neighbouring FQ ) IMHO it is miles ahead of CBR and CS...;). Awesome grounds..great food court..beautiful boat trip down the Sassagoula river to Downtown..I can however think of only one thing that I can't stand about PORS...Having to say goodbye on my last day..:(

MouseDreaming

I'll be very surprised if you don't have a magical time.I rate it the best moderate ( along with neighbouring FQ ) IMHO it is miles ahead of CBR and CS...;). Awesome grounds..great food court..beautiful boat trip down the Sassagoula river to Downtown..I can however think of only one thing that I can't stand about PORS...Having to say goodbye on my last day..:(
How dare you make me shed a tear over my last day, before I've even started the first day of my vacation!:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom