podcast recommendations

Mondo Mouse

Original Poster
Any good recommendations for Disney podcasts? There are so many out there that have overly long intro songs, meaningless banter between hosts, and other such fillers that make a show that has half an hour's worth of actual content into a 75 minute podcast. I'm looking for ones that are heavy on QUALITY insider content about the parks, movies, etc. and minimal worthless chit chat.

Thanks!

danheaton

I just saw this now. I'd start with The Disney Dish Podcast. Len Testa and Jim Hill do episodes that are about 30 minutes and cover a lot of news, rumors, and history within it. There are a lot of other options that are worth it, but they don't really fit the insider content in a tight package.

Mondo Mouse

Original Poster
I just saw this now. I'd start with The Disney Dish Podcast. Len Testa and Jim Hill do episodes that are about 30 minutes and cover a lot of news, rumors, and history within it. There are a lot of other options that are worth it, but they don't really fit the insider content in a tight package.

Hi Dan, thanks for responding. That is actually the one podcast I listen to religiously lol. I really enjoy it for the no-filler, high content nature of it. Jim Hill gets shamelessly bashed on these forums though, I don't get it. I don't think he's 100% accurate all the time by any means, but people on this site are so malicious in there references to him.

I wish there were more quality Disney podcasts out there.

danheaton

Hi Dan, thanks for responding. That is actually the one podcast I listen to religiously lol. I really enjoy it for the no-filler, high content nature of it. Jim Hill gets shamelessly bashed on these forums though, I don't get it. I don't think he's 100% accurate all the time by any means, but people on this site are so malicious in there references to him.

I wish there were more quality Disney podcasts out there.

There are some good podcasts, but I'm not sure they exactly meet what you're seeking. Be Our Guest is a well-produced show, but the focus is mostly on trip planning. Mike, Rikki, and Pam know their stuff, so it's really about what you prefer in a show.

I also like both WEDWay Radio and the Thirty28; both of those shows are more focused on history and do episodes on specific topics. The Thirty28 does have some shows with what's happening now, so maybe that would be worth a listen.

I enjoy The E Ticket Report; they dive into all the latest news in a very candid way. The episodes are on the long side, so it doesn't really fit with your goal of more concise shows. But they do hit on the big issues.

WDW Radio can be good depending on the topic; it's definitely produced well. The trick there is your opinion of Lou Mongello, who's very positive about the parks. I enjoy some of the episodes a lot, but it's not for everyone.

The Season Pass Podcast is another show that does amazing interviews. It's not just about Disney, but the archives include some incredible interviews with Imagineers and others involved with the parks. They aren't doing that many episodes right now, but when they do come out it's worth the wait. Their series of episodes with Tony Baxter are worth doing.

Hopefully this helps. Another one that I used to love is WDW Today, but I'd steer clear of that one. The new hosts are nothing like the original, and it's not worth the time.

Mondo Mouse

Original Poster
@danheaton Thank you man, YOU ROCK! I truly appreciate all the suggestions; I'm definitely gonna check some of them out this weekend.

It's funny...I never used to be into podcasts, I just couldn't get into sitting and listening to people talk for long periods of time. But with my extreme love for all things Disney, I've found in the last year that I really enjoy quality Disney podcasts while I'm driving.

Mondo Mouse

Original Poster
@danheaton I've got a long drive to a buddy's place a little later and I've already got one of the E Ticket Report episodes queued up ("Hell Froze Over," the one following the last D23 expo). Looking forward to hearing it :)

Mondo Mouse

Original Poster
@danheaton I listened to two episodes and overall I really enjoy it. I like Tim the most because he seems to be the one with the most information, and is able to speak about things intelligently. I find Derek on the other hand to be annoying beyond compare. Just the sound of his voice and the fact he's always talking loud and argumentatively like a misbehaved 6 year old boy drives me nuts! Overall though as a podcast, I am looking forward to listening to more episodes of it. Thank you again for your recommendations, I truly appreciate it!

danheaton

You have a podcast? Why didn't you tell me?! lol
Ha. I was veering more towards being helpful and calling out the best ones. I think it's a bit much to declare, "here are the best podcasts! and mine is one of them!"

With that said, it's The Tomorrow Society Podcast if you want to check it out. It's an interview show that I've been doing for three years (more regularly lately), and I talk to experts on Disney and other theme parks (authors, podcasters, people that worked on attractions, etc.).

bhg469

The E Ticket Report is fantastic for very unbiased opinions. They cover Universal news as well but the hosts are pretty entertaining. Podcast the ride, especially lately has some very impressive guests and is pretty entertaining when they aren't being politically preachy. If you want some really funny, not for little mouse ears, content WDW kingdomcast was great, then it became Progress City radio more recently. They're definitely not something you should listen to if you are easily offended, but they are my favorite by far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom