PO-FQ or Coronado Springs?

DfromATX

Original Poster
Hi, we are starting to plan our trip for 2018 and the two resorts I am considering are Port Orleans-FQ and Coronado Springs. I'm looking for opinions, of the 2 which would you prefer and why? Or, is there a comparable other favorite? (We have stayed at PO-R before and we like to try different hotels each trip.) Thanks!

JS514

We stayed at POFQ last year and CSR this year. Honestly, we loved both.

FQ only has one bus stop so that's nice not to have to stop at several stops before heading to the park. It's also a lot smaller property than CSR, so not much walking around to get somewhere. When we stayed, we stayed in the VERY back corner...the furthest room from the bus stop/lobby. Even then, it only took 10-12 minutes to walk there at a leisurely pace. The QS was pretty good (it may have changed since we've been) and the pool pretty cool, but typically crowded as it is the only pool on that site. Overall, it's cute fun resort and would definitely stay again.

CSR was beautiful. Overlooking the lagoon to the other areas of the resort was one of our favorite things to do. With that said, it is a very LARGE resort property, so, depending on where you stay, it could be a long walk to your destination. Thankfully, they have bus stops outside of each area, so you don't have to walk too far. We stayed in Casitas 3, and it seemed as though it was the best place to stay. It was only a 3-5 minutes walk to the bus stop (which is the first stop on property, so you are essentially guaranteed a spot on the bus), a 5 minute walk to the lobby, and an 8-10 minute walk to the pool. There are several food options here and we enjoyed everything we ate there (which admittedly wasn't all that much). The pool was also very large and, at least while we were there, was never overly crowded. The slide was fun too. There are some other small pools in each section as well. Overall, it's a beautiful, relaxing resort and we would also stay here again.

I really couldn't choose one over the other, as both are great moderates. A plus at FQ that you dont have at CSR are the boats to Springs...that was nice to have.

*Side Note: CSR is under construction, I'm not sure how far along it will be by your trip next year, but as for this year, you could barely tell and it didn't ruin anything for us.

DfromATX

Original Poster
We stayed at POFQ last year and CSR this year. Honestly, we loved both.

FQ only has one bus stop so that's nice not to have to stop at several stops before heading to the park. It's also a lot smaller property than CSR, so not much walking around to get somewhere. When we stayed, we stayed in the VERY back corner...the furthest room from the bus stop/lobby. Even then, it only took 10-12 minutes to walk there at a leisurely pace. The QS was pretty good (it may have changed since we've been) and the pool pretty cool, but typically crowded as it is the only pool on that site. Overall, it's cute fun resort and would definitely stay again.

CSR was beautiful. Overlooking the lagoon to the other areas of the resort was one of our favorite things to do. With that said, it is a very LARGE resort property, so, depending on where you stay, it could be a long walk to your destination. Thankfully, they have bus stops outside of each area, so you don't have to walk too far. We stayed in Casitas 3, and it seemed as though it was the best place to stay. It was only a 3-5 minutes walk to the bus stop (which is the first stop on property, so you are essentially guaranteed a spot on the bus), a 5 minute walk to the lobby, and an 8-10 minute walk to the pool. There are several food options here and we enjoyed everything we ate there (which admittedly wasn't all that much). The pool was also very large and, at least while we were there, was never overly crowded. The slide was fun too. There are some other small pools in each section as well. Overall, it's a beautiful, relaxing resort and we would also stay here again.

I really couldn't choose one over the other, as both are great moderates. A plus at FQ that you dont have at CSR are the boats to Springs...that was nice to have.

*Side Note: CSR is under construction, I'm not sure how far along it will be by your trip next year, but as for this year, you could barely tell and it didn't ruin anything for us.

Thanks for all the info! They are both properties that I want to stay at. We are planning to go June/July 2018. I think what might sell me on Coronado Springs are two things - being close to AK (with Pandora and all), plus it has a restaurant (Maya Grill) that is on my list of wanting to try. We are hoping to do 5 full park days. Normally, that extra day would be MK, but with Pandora, we might actually do 2 days at AK, which will be a first for us.

JS514

Thanks for all the info! They are both properties that I want to stay at. We are planning to go June/July 2018. I think what might sell me on Coronado Springs are two things - being close to AK (with Pandora and all), plus it has a restaurant (Maya Grill) that is on my list of wanting to try. We are hoping to do 5 full park days. Normally, that extra day would be MK, but with Pandora, we might actually do 2 days at AK, which will be a first for us.

You really can't go wrong either way. I'm sure you've probably seen, but there is a poster on here that has a website dedicated to CSR...here's a link to the site (if it will let me link it). You can find literally everything you need to know right here. https://buzz2k1.wixsite.com/coronado

becca_

I really like POFQ, but they are usually (if I am not mistaken), not included in a lot of discounts. I'm booking tomorrow (woohoo!) for January 2018 for CSR so if you still don't know where to choose by then I'll give you my full review :hilarious:

DfromATX

Original Poster
I really like POFQ, but they are usually (if I am not mistaken), not included in a lot of discounts. I'm booking tomorrow (woohoo!) for January 2018 for CSR so if you still don't know where to choose by then I'll give you my full review :hilarious:

Speaking of booking, why is it we can only book online roughly 6 months out? I could have sworn I've booked a year in advance before...

newhorizons1

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. POFQ is great too, honestly, but the decor of the rooms in Coronado Springs is so much better. One thing that I love about Coronado is that it is quiet there. I don't spend a lot of time in my room or at the resort during my stay, but when I am there I want to sleep and for it to be quiet. The pool area there is great, and it is beautiful to walk around at night. I've also had really good luck with transportation while I've been there, never having to wait long on a bus or really having to stand for that matter. With that being said you can't go wrong with either resort. POFQ has better dining options, and it is nice taking the boat to Disney Springs from there too.

becca_

Speaking of booking, why is it we can only book online roughly 6 months out? I could have sworn I've booked a year in advance before...
I have no idea, it's so annoying... I've had this trip planned since last summer pretty much and am now able to book a year later.

Buzz2001

CSR is my favorite mod. It has so much to offer because of the additional amenities it offers. Check out my CSR website below

captainkidd

Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. POFQ is great too, honestly, but the decor of the rooms in Coronado Springs is so much better. One thing that I love about Coronado is that it is quiet there. I don't spend a lot of time in my room or at the resort during my stay, but when I am there I want to sleep and for it to be quiet. The pool area there is great, and it is beautiful to walk around at night. I've also had really good luck with transportation while I've been there, never having to wait long on a bus or really having to stand for that matter. With that being said you can't go wrong with either resort. POFQ has better dining options, and it is nice taking the boat to Disney Springs from there too.

POFQ only has a food court. Riverside has a sit down restaurant. I actually found the food at Pepper Market to be excellent. We ate dinner there a couple nights it was so good.

I was surprised by how much I liked Coronado Springs, but honestly, with all the construction going on, I would stay clear at least until it's done.

DfromATX

Original Poster
POFQ only has a food court. Riverside has a sit down restaurant. I actually found the food at Pepper Market to be excellent. We ate dinner there a couple nights it was so good.

I was surprised by how much I liked Coronado Springs, but honestly, with all the construction going on, I would stay clear at least until it's done.

Do you know when the construction is expected to be done? We're planning on going June 2018.

bee

Disney released online booking for 2018 a few days ago. If you still can't book online try calling.

I have stayed at both resorts and love both. They are my two favorite moderates but for very different reasons. At POFQ I love the atmosphere: small and intimate, with quiet paths and a gorgeous river and the feeling that you're all alone with your love or family. At Coronado I love the amenities: Pepper Market (my favorite food court on property), two table service restaurants, Rix Lounge, a fitness center, etc.

We weren't bothered at all by the four bus stops at CSR. Be aware that sometimes POFQ shares buses with Riverside (can be really annoying when you don't expect it!).

As noted above, POFQ is rarely, if ever, included in any discounts (general public, passholder, Florida resident, etc.). Of course there's no guarantee you'll get a discounts at CSR but there is a better chance.

DfromATX

Original Poster
Disney released online booking for 2018 a few days ago. If you still can't book online try calling.

I have stayed at both resorts and love both. They are my two favorite moderates but for very different reasons. At POFQ I love the atmosphere: small and intimate, with quiet paths and a gorgeous river and the feeling that you're all alone with your love or family. At Coronado I love the amenities: Pepper Market (my favorite food court on property), two table service restaurants, Rix Lounge, a fitness center, etc.

We weren't bothered at all by the four bus stops at CSR. Be aware that sometimes POFQ shares buses with Riverside (can be really annoying when you don't expect it!).

As noted above, POFQ is rarely, if ever, included in any discounts (general public, passholder, Florida resident, etc.). Of course there's no guarantee you'll get a discounts at CSR but there is a better chance.

Yeah! It goes through September now. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom