PO boats

CP17

Can you rent boats and actually drive yourself down the Sassagoula River to DD or do you have to use the water taxi? If you can rent your own, what type of boats and how much do they cost?

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by CP17
Can you rent boats and actually drive yourself down the Sassagoula River to DD or do you have to use the water taxi? If you can rent your own, what type of boats and how much do they cost?

You can rent the Water Mice or the Canopy Boats at POR and drive up and down the Sassagoula. However, you pay by the hour. So, technically, if you won the lottery or plenty of other money to waste, you could rent one, and drive to DD, shop, and drive it back - you just pay per hour that you have it still!

Take the free pontune boat after 7pm!

Upvote 0

dae_woods

It seems to me like the price was actually per half hour and was rediculous...for the water mice at least. Yes you can go to DD but per half hour is about $22 or $23 as far as i remember.

Pontoon after 7! Good idea!

Upvote 0

CP17

Original Poster
sorry no lottery winner here, or we all be going to WDW on me. I think I read some where that the pontoon runs on the hour up to a certain time, then every 15 mins. after that. Does this sound right? Also edwardtc you mention it was free after 7 PM, how much is it before then?

Upvote 0

kurros

The water mice are $22 for a half hour or $33 (i think) for an hour. But you won't be able to dock at Downtown Disney or any other marina unless it is a bathroom emergency. To go the whole canal from Port Orleans Riverside to Downtown Disney Marketplace and back takes about an hour round trip. Canopy boats are $26 for a half hour and the large Pontoon boats are $36 for a half hour. Canopy and and Pontoon boats can be docked at DTD while you shop or dine, if there is room.

Upvote 0

RogueHabit

And a little tip about the canopy boats.

The canopy itsellf is really easy to drop down so you can get some sun. But whatever you do, DON'T DO IT!!!

We did and upset the marina patrol, as they pointed out to us that when down the canopy lays on the engine and is at risk of catching fire.

We felt like such idiots.:hammer:

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by CP17
sorry no lottery winner here, or we all be going to WDW on me. I think I read some where that the pontoon runs on the hour up to a certain time, then every 15 mins. after that. Does this sound right? Also edwardtc you mention it was free after 7 PM, how much is it before then?

Well, by "pontoon" I was referring to the "ferry" that takes you to DD. I thought it was a pontoon boat, but perhaps not. Sorry for the confusion. Anyway, it doesn't run before 7pm, I believe.

Just don't pay for a water mouse or canopy boat unless you're really bored, have extra cash, or just want to tool around for a half an hour. DO NOT use them to travel anywhere, haha!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom