Plus sized ride experiences?

I have witnessed a very large man fit on Space Mountain.. as long as the lap bar clicks just once you can ride. I am still amazed he wanted to ride, it did not look for comfortable for him.

Goofyernmost

I have witnessed a very large man fit on Space Mountain.. as long as the lap bar clicks just once you can ride. I am still amazed he wanted to ride, it did not look for comfortable for him.
My issue with SM is not size exactly, it is that since my leg injury I have a very difficult time getting out of the dang thing. Getting in is no problem at all.:happy:

DisneySurprisePA

Original Poster
Thank you for all the great information. It has helped a ton. We have also decided to avoid the trip to Universal ( it was a maybe from the beginning). There is so much at Disney for everyone anyway. All the tips we are getting and answers to the questions I have asked are making the planning so much easier. Appreciate it!

righttrack

I'm big, I'll answer honestly

The most trouble I have (but I ride all successfully) are:

Space Mountain - Just hard to get into position. My advice, front seat of either car. There is more legroom so it's easier to get in and out of

Soarin' - It's just hard to get the belt into the slot. It's plenty big though

Star Tours - Same as Soarin'

Test Track - Same as Soarin' or Star Tours

Seven Dwarves - Squeeze your legs together tight and you'll be fine

Splash Mountain - It's a little tight but it works.

Boat rides - Take middle of bench seat. Keeps your boat steady

I've rode everything successfully. I'm much bigger and taller than that.

Universal?

Forget Harry Potter
I was successful with most everything else though it was a short day and we didn't do very much (Jurrasic, Spiderman all OK)

Goofyernmost

I'm big, I'll answer honestly

The most trouble I have (but I ride all successfully) are:

Soarin' - It's just hard to get the belt into the slot. It's plenty big though

Star Tours - Same as Soarin'

Test Track - Same as Soarin' or Star Tours

Here's the trick to the belt buckling. Before you sit down pull the belt all the way out. Sit somewhat on an angle toward the front of the seat and facing toward the buckle port, never releasing the extended belt until it is buckled. Once done slide back into the seat normally allowing the belt to follow you in and let the belt tighten itself. It works like a charm. I also have a back issue that is painful to twist around to buckle it, so that is how I do it and it causes me no problems.

Also the same as Dinosaur, Kali, ToT and I'm sure others.

PHS79

First off have fun on your trip! I am 6'3" and 230lbs, with the build of kinda like a NFL corner back or free safety (36 inseam, 34 waist, and somewhat broad shoulders) even though I am not the size of your friend someone my size presents its own set of challenges. On buses and most rides that have you sitting in "vehicles" in rows I can't sit in a normal seated position, I have to sit with my legs off to the side at an angle in order to be comfortable. Lucky for me my DW is only 5'3", so I usually take up the space that she doesn't use.

LowesChevy

The one that gets squishy for me is a seat along the wall on Tower of Terror--try to get an inner seat because it is very uncomfortable going up and down.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Rides at WDW aren't an issue for me at my size but at Universal? Forget it. I couldn't ride anything in Potterland except Hogwarts Express.

Gucci65

My main issue is my DDs - with that being said I have no trouble with rides at Disney. If I am unsure at Universal, I check out the seat out front to check to make sure it won't squash my chest. AND I agree with the others posts, check out the section on AllEars.net and plus size riders. Have a great time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom