Plummet Summit

fractal

It was the closest I ever got to chickening out of a ride right before it was my turn.

Must do for a thrill junkie.

wdwstateofmind

Eh....it's not nearly as thrilling as it looks (and I'm huge on water parks)....I mean it's good, but not worth the worry on the wait up or the wait if it starts going past the stairs...from what I was told Wet 'N Wild have a slide what would kicks its butt, but I've never been there...

graphite1326

It was a cool day when I went on it. No line at all. walked right to the top. Scared the @#%p out of me. But loved it. But I wouldn't wait in thos long lines to do it again.

samantha_cheri

The line is usually really long which makes you stand there at the top of that tower while your anxiety builds. I'm afraid of heights and freefalls scare me, but I still did it and I'm glad I did but I don't think I'd do it again anytime soon. I don't think it's the most adrenaline filled ride in Florida by any means, but it's pretty intense and if it doesn't scare you too much it's worth doing once.

Bairstow

Any pain involved?

Well, I rode it.

No pain on Summit Plummet. The wait was a killer, but the ride was actually exhilarating and fun. Great view from up there, too. We saw fireballs from the Indiana Jones show.

Slush Gusher next door, though. THAT one is scary. I caught air at least twice and coming back down isn't much comfort. It might be shorter than Summit Plummet but overall it's far more intense.

I did Humonga Cowabunga as well and it was by far the most violent of the 3 "big" Disney slides. I actually rode it twice and after the second time swore to never go on it again; within a couple hours I had a good-sized bruise on my butt from the splashdown. Neither of the Blizzard Beach slides hurt like that.

The other painful slide at Typhoon Lagoon is Rudder Buster, the rightmost of the "Storm Slides".
Unlike the other two, the joints between the segments of this slide aren't fully filled, and you can feel each junction scrape along your back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom