Pleasure Island?

tracyandalex

i went with my parents when i was about 16 and i remember being a little bored. the place is geared more towards adults and not being allowed to do many things was a little boring/frustrating. my advice is don't take them, it may not be that much fun for them anyway.

tracy

steruth

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I would have to agree with above. Disney is not the place for you if you want to get away from the kids!
I think pleasure Island while it is more of an adult theme it is also a fun place for 14 year olds. Do you remember being that age and being invited to a family function and really thinking you were grown up and enjoyed yourself.

It is like that but with the disney theme.

It is made for families so I wouldn't say there would be anything there, that they would not have heard on the TV in normal hours.

It is fun, live a little. Your kids came to Florida for the entire experience not just part of it.

I would have no reservations atall taking them

Ruth
x
:sohappy:
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I woul​

AliciaLuvzDizne

they used to check ID's at the gate of PI...
Now anyone can roam around in there, you only have to pay admission if you are going into one of the clubs...
HOWEVER
they are selling alcohol from carts right on the main walkways. I have seen it get pretty nasty on the walkways to where I MYSELF am uncomfortable (and I'm 24)
I would say its fine to bring them with you and check out the comedy club show...WITH YOU.
About the Adventurers Club...people get really really :hammer: in there because people like to hang out at the bar and what not... the comedy club is a show, and then you leave. (though since it is heavily based on audience participation, you cant be sure about what you'll hear in there)

mdisney

both places tell raunchy jokes, and they do not care what time it is. Once at the comedy warehouse they were telling jokes about french ticklers, and little kids younger than 10 in the front row

tink81

You would be amazed at what people let their kids hear. I went to see the 40-Year-Old Virgin at 10:30 on a Sunday and shared the theatre with a family who included two very small children (like 7 and 9). Now some may say the 40-Year-Old Virgin is tame, but the language and some of the sexual scenes are WAY inappropriate.

I would say if you don't want your children to hear anything more vulgar than a "gee whiz" or "holy crap", leave them out of PI. You just can't trust what other people are going to say or do around your kids, and I for one would like to not worry about what I am saying or doing while there.:animwink:

WTBAD

There are as many opinions as there are people. You may want to take a night to go to PI yourself and see what the crowds & clubs are like. Then you can make up your own mind if its a place for your children. I've only walked thru PI a couple of times but don't think I would take my 15 year old daughter with me. I live on the MS gulfcoast & have been to N.O. for carnival. You can really see or hear things children should not be subjected to if you go to certain parts of the city. Just like in N.O., there are lots of things for familys with children to & see, but Bourbon Street is not one of them.

twx24me

My vote would be NO, dont take your kids. I have been there a few times and had parents dancing with their kids at 8 Trax. They were in the way and around people dancing with their beers. I just found it annoying. Its fun to see the kids all excited during the day at the parks, but should be excluded from night life at PI

TheMagicMouse

They are also allowed to go to the Adventurer's Club, which is a great time, some of the humor is a little iffy for the younger crowd, but it never get's salacious, if you don't mind them hearing a few dirty jokes (mind you though, there is no profanity) , which never get too out of hand, then bring them there, it's a lot of fun, I've seen as young as a 10 year old in there, but this is all up to you.

EDIT: also, one more precaution, it doesn't happen too often, but there may be the occasional person who is, needless to say, a bit "loaded" if you know what I mean, but out of the majority it's a small percentage, but I suggest you take a night there by yourself first in order to get your opinion.

Scooter

I would not bring my kids to Pleasure Island.
It's designed as an adult playground, and drunk people are unpredictable.

Having said that, I bring my kids to EPCOT and I have had drunks throw up on my shoes, use the wrong bathrooms, and seen them stumble and fall all over the place there.

Some adults can't behave when drinking...explain that to you children before taking them to either place.

SplaceMountain

can i answer your question from the perspective of a teenager? i am seventeen and i have been to PI many times in the past and in all honesty i do not enjoy it all that much. it is not made for young people and there is not much to do if you are below 21. so while you can take your kids, let them know what PI is and let them decide.

HMGhost13

allow my own personal view as an ex-teen.

I just turned 21 last april, i have yet to go to PI (let alone WDW) since then but i have prior. with my parents of course. being physically handicapped, i never led a sheltered life to begin with so my parents knew i could handle whatever happened at PI. needless to say we only did one thing that night (and we didn't even stay all night) we did Adventurer's Club. My younger brother has been in there as well (and he's 12 now). it all depends on how you feel with your kids.

personally all this "no! you'll scar your children for life by bringing them to bars, etc etc" pfffft...i'm 21. i've been in bars, i've been in PI and i RARELY drink. as i said, it all depends on how you are with your kids. My dad, 42, doesn't view PI as much enjoyable because of drunken people (even had two with him on one trip....quite a funny story for later) and such and only goes for AC.

*shrugs* it's your decision ultimately. i haven't been "harmed" or anything by going into PI. is there much to do? no. not for a teen. but there are some things that a short trip of "exploration" could help with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom