Please Help with MDE

wwm

Original Poster
Our trip is coming up soon , just under 2 weeks away. Currently I have all ADRs, and FPs booked. Everyone in the party is under my MDE as no one wanted to create their own, they said whatever you do is fine. Now with everything done 3 of the party have decided to make their own and saying I need to give over my info. I am not quite sure how to do this linking of accounts. When linked are they going to be able to make changes to the ADRs? All 3 have a young child that they want on theirs , which I understand , will that be a hassle doing all these changes ? I just wish in the beginning when I asked everyone to make their own accounts they did :(

Rob562

Our trip is coming up soon , just under 2 weeks away. Currently I have all ADRs, and FPs booked. Everyone in the party is under my MDE as no one wanted to create their own, they said whatever you do is fine. Now with everything done 3 of the party have decided to make their own and saying I need to give over my info. I am not quite sure how to do this linking of accounts. When linked are they going to be able to make changes to the ADRs? All 3 have a young child that they want on theirs , which I understand , will that be a hassle doing all these changes ? I just wish in the beginning when I asked everyone to make their own accounts they did :(

I was prepared to assure you that it was going to be an easy thing to take care of.....until you mentioned the children.

It's very simple to have one adult "take control" of themselves simply by having them create their own profile and then friend-requesting them from your account by using the email address they use for their account. (Once they accept the request, all info associated with them under your account will move over to theirs)

But there is no way I've ever found to have someone younger than 13 (and thus too young to have their own MDE account) to be moved from one person's account to another person's without either creating headaches or phone calls to the MDE Help Desk.

Here is what I would suggest:
-Have *all* the adults that want to split off create their own profile. Not just one member of the family but both adults in the couple should create their own.
-Friend-request all of them by using the "invite to plan and share" in each of their "managed by you" profiles in your account.
-Each parent will also have to friend-request the other parent too, as well as anyone else they want to be able to make and change FP+ for.

-The easiest way to deal with the children is to leave them under your control *but* have the parents add the children that are on your account (most easily done via the "people you may know" feature). It'll be as if the children are *your* children and they are becoming friends with your children. Even though you'll still "control" the childrens' profiles, since the parents will be connected to them they will be able to make and change their children's FP+ choices.

Going down the road, either now or later, a call to MDE Help Desk will be required to move the children to one of their parents' accounts. That's at 407-939-4357.

Also, you can rest assured they can't do anything like cancel ADR's or hotel reservations, those are locked to everyone but the owner/lead guest of that reservation.

-Rob

wwm

Original Poster
Thank You for your help, very much appreciated. :) Requests sent out. One more question, I bought the Memory Maker will they be using it also or have to get one as well?

Rob562

Thank You for your help, very much appreciated. :) Requests sent out. One more question, I bought the Memory Maker will they be using it also or have to get one as well?

You will be able to view and download both your photos and their photos using Memory Maker.

They will be able to *view* their photos and your photos but not download any of them.

If they want their photos, you will have to download the photos and then give the files to the others.

-Rob

Lora

I have read this thread and have a similar issue, without the children. My MDE shows duplicate people and didn't appear to "link" things. Can you look at it and help me? TIA!!

Attachments

• IMG_6260.PNG
    IMG_6260.PNG
    177.5 KB · Views: 40

Rob562

I have read this thread and have a similar issue, without the children. My MDE shows duplicate people and didn't appear to "link" things. Can you look at it and help me? TIA!!

My guess is the Eric with the icon friend requested you and you already had a copy of him...

Question: Are there any reservations or tickets linked to the lower profile?

If no, un-friend them and then go into the upper managed-by-you version and re-friend-request them by filling in their email address. That should fix things.

If there are some things linked to the lower one (or both) your best bet is to call the Help Desk and have them merge the two.

-Rob

Lora

My guess is the Eric with the icon friend requested you and you already had a copy of him...

Question: Are there any reservations or tickets linked to the lower profile?

If no, un-friend them and then go into the upper managed-by-you version and re-friend-request them by filling in their email address. That should fix things.

If there are some things linked to the lower one (or both) your best bet is to call the Help Desk and have them merge the two.

-Rob
Hi Rob and thank you for helping me. So when I go into the 'upper managed by me' version, there is nowhere to put an email address for them. I attached screenshots for you.

Lori

Attachments

• IMG_6263.jpg
    IMG_6263.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6262.jpg
    IMG_6262.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 32

Rob562

Hi Rob and thank you for helping me. So when I go into the 'upper managed by me' version, there is nowhere to put an email address for them. I attached screenshots for you.

Lori

Odd. When I go into my own account on the MDE app and look at someone whose account I control, I have an "invite to connect" button where the X Remove From My List is in your first screen.

I'd say try it through the website rather than the app, but if not I guess you're stuck calling the Help Desk. Just have the email addresses ready for all relevant accounts.

-Rob

wwm

Original Poster
Was given another wrench today. 3 of the adults have now backed out of the trip. My question is are their MBs and tickets useless now or will I be able to use them at a later date? ( They have no desire to go at a later date )

Rob562

Was given another wrench today. 3 of the adults have now backed out of the trip. My question is are their MBs and tickets useless now or will I be able to use them at a later date? ( They have no desire to go at a later date )

Yikes. There's a lot of "ifs" and "it depends" in the answer to your questions...

First, if the MagicBands have already shipped (which I presume they have, since in the first post of this thread you mentioned you were 2 weeks out), then the Bands shipped for the hotel reservation are permanently linked to those users with no way to change them. If they don't want them, then they're useless to you. You can throw them out, or bring them to Disney and the front desk can recycle them for you.
The Bands are just "pointers" back to the associated MDE profile, so there's nothing to worry about that's actually linked to the Band itself. Assuming the hotel is cancelled and the tickets are dealt with (see below), the Bands will all point to an empty MDE profile with no active plans or reservations.

Tickets are the tricky part... Were tickets purchased separately? Or were they part of a package reservation?

If they were part of a package, obviously you're cancelling whatever reservation those 3 people are associated with, which would also cancel the tickets. This close to the trip they'll pay a cancellation penalty (probably $200) but the rest of the package would be refundable. (Don't quote me on that, double check the terms of the reservation)

If tickets were purchased separately and they have *not* been linked to anyone's MDE profile, then they can be assigned to (and used by) anyone. These unlinked tickets may be refundable (minus a fee) from some ticket resellers like Undercover Tourist. I do not know what Disney's policy is.

If tickets were purchased and linked to a MDE profile, it gets more complicated.
First, I do not know of any ticket reseller who will take linked tickets back. I believe the person who actually did the assigning of the ticket has the ability to move a totally-unused ticket from one person to another. The person who has the power to do this would be whoever logged into MDE, entered the ticket serial numbers and then chose who to assign that ticket to. (Since you're the obvious planner of this trip, that's presumably you) If so, you *might* be able to go in and move the tickets over to your (or another friend's) profile in MDE.

Though after all that, my first instinct is to let the people who are cancelling on you worry about it. Unless there's a valid reason to cancel a major trip like Disney less than 2 weeks out (illness, sudden financial hardship, etc), it's incredibly inconsiderate of these people to cancel. As long as you're not out any money yourself, I say let them deal with it. They cancelled on you, they should be the one to scramble to see if they can get their money back.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom