please help: visit in December

liuzza

we are planning a visit December 14-19, does anyone know the crowd level at this time...we are bringing a special needs child with a wheelchair and want to go at the absolute lightest time. we'd rather postpone or speed up trip if we can avoid the hassles of crowds and wheelchair. thanks in advance!

pcarathers

:sohappy: We went last December around that time.. we checked in on the 16th and checked out on the 22nd. It was manageable at first, but towards the end of the week, it was way crowded! I think the longest line we stood for was RNRC and EE for at least 30-45 mins! We had always gone in October but we wanted to experience the Holidays at WDW, and even though it was very crowded, we still managed to have a great time! If at all possible, I would go maybe the first part of December or the week after Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Philo

Can you hold on till after xmas? the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week of January are pretty quiet apart from odd days like the marathon (but even these are pretty quiet).

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

I personally would come in on the 10th being a monday, all the weekend crowds will be gone and so will the pop warner group. We arrived on the 11th last year and the longest wait was for sorin (around 30 minutes). We walked right onto everything else and could see the castle from the entrance to main street and only have around 20 people in front of it. We left around the 19th and it was noticable more crowded. So the second week would be my choice with avoiding the weekend if at all possible.

Upvote 0

summergirl32

We went last December around that same time and it was very crowded. We usually go in July and we could not tell a huge difference. I think everyone was interested in MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional. Also, it was very cold.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

If you specifically want to see the holiday stuff, go the last week in November or the first week in December. It gets progressively worse as Christmas approaches.

The week between Christmas and New Year's is absolutely awful, from a crowd point of view.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: We were there last Dec. 06 from 9-16. It was real good at first cause the cheerleaders and pop warners left around the 10th. at the end of the week starting Friday it got kinda crazy and went from there. we are going the same wk. this yr. be sure to go to MVMCP and see the Osborne Lights. And try to get into Chef Mickeys.

Upvote 0

Teenchy

You will be fine until December 21st. Since the 22nd falls on a Saturday, I bet the crowds will be in full force from 12/22-1/1/08.

We have been the past 3 years around 12/14-12/22 and it has been fine each year. A wait of 30-40 min. for the most popular rides like Soarin or RNRC is not long, come in July!. For those who only go in Sept, or October it feels like a long wait but thats nothing.

I wouldnt pass up the chance to visit WDW during Christmas as it is so beautiful. Dont miss the chance to visit the resorts to see the decorations, especially GF,WL,AKL,BC,YC,BW. Its worth a 1/2 a day.

Also cant misses, are Osbourne Lights, Candlelight Processional and Holiday Wishes.

Upvote 0

a disney child

First sort your fears out.
If long lines are what you fear, the disability access pass is the answer. You get this at customer relations at what ever park your at first it for the duration of your days at WDW. Just bring the child and a letter from the doctor.
If large crowds are your fear, get to the parks at the early hours when the gate opens. There are less crowds because too many people belive that vacation means "sleep in". Also MVMCP is a limited ticket event, keeping the amount of people down.
If overstimuless is a problem, ear plugs, sunglasses, or favorite music on the ipod.
Until you have gone to WDW for a Christmas experience, youve done nothing. The lights, the sounds, the people. You maybe suprised at your childs reactions.
I say all this because I am the father of an autistic boy. I had great fears of him around that many people. But at WDW especialy at christmas has helped him open and learn. I hope this help calm your questions
:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :wave:

Upvote 0

Joepic

It's definitely not going to be calm with Christmas approaching. It's the last week of the value season too. The first week in December is one of my favorites. The Christmas decorations are up and it's not too crowded.

Upvote 0

slowbee

This will be our 3rd Holiday Trip... The week after the Parade Taping and the week before Christmas is the best time to go. As get closer to Chrismas... usually around the 20th... you're going to start to see the crowds pour in....

But.. that being said.. you are going to LOVE being there for the holidays... it's a blast.... We're going Dec 7th thtu the 11th.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom