Please Help- confused how to switch where we stay

Fox&Hound

Original Poster
Good morning! My family and I have DVC and have our home base at Bay Lake. We booked there for an upcoming trip but want to try to switch to the Boardwalk over by Epcot. We called and they said there is usually availability and they would call when a room is available. Is this correct? We go in Dec and can book fast pass next month so we really want to know where we are staying. My dad made the call so maybe he misunderstood. Could anyone please let me know how to switch where we stay,who to call, and how to go about this change. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

piglet21

Good morning! My family and I have DVC and have our home base at Bay Lake. We booked there for an upcoming trip but want to try to switch to the Boardwalk over by Epcot. We called and they said there is usually availability and they would call when a room is available. Is this correct? We go in Dec and can book fast pass next month so we really want to know where we are staying. My dad made the call so maybe he misunderstood. Could anyone please let me know how to switch where we stay,who to call, and how to go about this change. Thank you!!!!!!!!
What kind of room do you have booked? I checked availability for studios at the Boardwalk and there's no availability except for the 23rd and 24th of December. There's some availability in 1 bedrooms & 2 bedrooms though! It sounds like your Dad may have waitlisted your trip. If you call and want to switch but there's no availability, they will waitlist your stay. If it becomes available, they will automatically switch the reservation for you!

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

Original Poster
What kind of room do you have booked? I checked availability for studios at the Boardwalk and there's no availability except for the 23rd and 24th of December. There's some availability in 1 bedrooms & 2 bedrooms though! It sounds like your Dad may have waitlisted your trip. If you call and want to switch but there's no availability, they will waitlist your stay. If it becomes available, they will automatically switch the reservation for you!

Thank you!!!! I heard if you do the waitlist and you already have fast passes and dining, if the switch is made, you lose your reservations. Is this true?

piglet21

I've never heard of that but I'm honestly not sure! Your dining plans should not be affected because you don't even need a hotel reservation to make them, you just need to be 180 days out. Fastpasses made at the 60 day mark are made because you have a hotel reservation so if you're simply switching resorts I don't think they should be affected either!

Rob562

FastPasses aren't immediately cancelled. I believe they sit for a day or two before getting cleaned up. Changing a resort booking from one resort to another (or even just changing the room type at the resort you're already booked into) is a fairly common practice. Disney would have a large headache and guest complaints if FastPasses that are outside 30 days but inside 60 days were cancelled while changing resort reservations.

Now, if you cancelled, waited a week or two and then re-booked, I'd expect your FastPasses to have been deleted. But same-day replacement from one reservation to another, you're all set. Just make sure that once the change happens you go in and make sure everyone is linked to the new reservation properly in MDE.

-Rob

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom