Please explain fantasmic dinners??

Ven

I've looked, but I guess I'm a bit slow. :brick:

Can someone please explain the Fantasmic dinner packages to me and how much they cost?

Each restaurant offers a different one? How much are they?

I would appreciate the help please :)

ADStang

Fantasmic Dinner

We just did the Fantasmic dinner package last Saturday night. There is no additional cost for the Fantasmic dinner package - you just need to specify when you make your PS that you want the package. It is only available at 4 of the restaurants at MGM. We did ours through Hollywood and Vine which offers an outstanding buffet for around $20 adult and $10 children. They give you a blue card and tell you to report to the gas station near the entrance by 8:30PM. We were there around 8:20 and they were already letting people go in. We got a 2nd row seat. The first show (sometimes there is a second) does pack out and the Fantasmic package is a great way to get a good seat. I think (and heard lots of others express the same) this is the best show going right now.

So the cost is somewhat variable depending on what restaurant you choose and the meal you get. Just make sure you get the Fantasmic card from your server.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Gucci65

In my opinion, if you are booking this just to get a seat at Fantasmic, I would say don't bother. They sit you in a section off to the side. Don't get me wrong, I would have still have eaten at the restaurants listed, but I would rather take my chance at getting my own seat rather than sitting off to the side.

Upvote 0

chezhead

Since we have a two and a three year old, having reserved seats would definitely be worth it. I'm concerned how two toddlers (possibly sleepy toddlers) would react to the show. Any opinions out there? Thanks.

:veryconfu

Upvote 0

BigAL

Fantasmic

I do not see where sitting off to the side is that big of deal. There are three water screens each showing the same thing. You are facing one of these screens in this section. I have done the package several times and it sure beats waiting for seats. The mountain where the live action takes place is set back far enough to where sitting on the side does not affect your view.

Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

One reason we are doing this: CROWDS. The first time we went we ended up waaay in back on the left side of the theatre. (overflow). There was only one way out and everyone was going there. My youngest was just 18 months old and even picking her up did not help. We were almost trampled. WE had to jump over a snack cart to get out of the way! A CM started to yell at us to leave, but shut up when my DH threatened to call a saftey inspector. An elderly lady was knocked down and hurt. We had tried to wait until the crowd thinned, but just got pushed along. Now this may have been a bad night, but I've been back since and it's always crowded. We sat in the center section near the top last time and were able to get out earlier. I know the package won't ensure this won't happen again, but I figure it's worth a shot.

Upvote 0

disneydawg

The reserved seats are okay, but you still have to get there half an hour ahead of time. I'd rather get there an hour ahead of time and sit dead center.

If you do the dinner at Hollywood and Vine than the price is worth it. Mama Melrose's or Brown Derby, in my opinion, are not. Included in the price is an appetizer and I think a desert. So if you normally just get an entree than why pay for more? Mama's is $28.99 per person and BD is $36.99. We just did the package at Mama's and I wasnt really impressed.

Upvote 0

Gucci65

Big Al - I personally agree with you that sitting off to the side is not that bad since they have the 3 screens. However, I have a 12 year old who loves to sit in the middle and thinks anywhere else is unthinkable. She liked the food at Mama Melrose, but hated the seats :( at the show.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by chezhead
Since we have a two and a three year old, having reserved seats would definitely be worth it. I'm concerned how two toddlers (possibly sleepy toddlers) would react to the show. Any opinions out there? Thanks.

:veryconfu

It all depends on how they do with loud noises. If they're OK with loud noises, they probably won't understand that parts are supposed to be scary. If they're afraid of loud noises, they're going to want to leave right after it starts. (We now have an industrial noise headset from Home Depot for our son, and it makes a world of difference.)

Upvote 0

chezhead

Ah yes, the noise. Thanks Bagheera for reminding me to add ear plug to our packing check list. My 3 year old has used them here at home if we go to an outdoor festival where music is playing. It helps alot. Thanks for the advice.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by chezhead
Ah yes, the noise. Thanks Bagheera for reminding me to add ear plug to our packing check list. My 3 year old has used them here at home if we go to an outdoor festival where music is playing. It helps alot. Thanks for the advice.

No problem. That headset is always in the backpack wherever we go in the parks. Sometimes we even need it in "tame" attractions.

Upvote 0

dox

Are you seated before the rest of the crowd enters the ampitheater? I've always wondered if you get the Package, if once you are in, you can scoot over to the center or any other section.

Upvote 0

ADStang

no, most of the theatre was seated when we got there at 8:25. Only our section for the Fantasmic dinner package was open. I don't think "off to the side" is a fair description. It's not dead center, but it's not like you are sitting on the side with your head turned the whole time. I thought the seats were great. The only thing that ticked me off was they let you in behind the gas station just inside the main gate, but on the way out they don't let you back through that opening, you have to keep walking away from the main gate - almost to Tower of Terror and by then you are caught up in the main crowd leaving Fantasmic and you have to walk much farther. At the end of a long, hot, July day that is enough to leave a bad taste in your mouth.:zipit: Seems like they just want you to pass by the souvenir shops one more time!

Upvote 0

Gucci65

By saying off to the side I did not mean outcast, I mean IF the stadium has 10 sections, with sections 5 & 6 being the center, the reserved seats are in section 9 (which is off to the side of the center :lol: )

Upvote 0
We have the package scheduled for Hollywood and Vine for Aug 11 at 5:15. I took it because it was the only time they had left. I called about 60 days out I think. But I didn't realize we will be missing the parade. So anyone should consider this when making a reservation for around that time. We have the FTP so there is always another day for us, but if people only have hoppers they should schedule well. Also just wondering if you show up say like 8 p.m., will they let you in a little early. Wondering because ds has asthma and it takes him a little longer to walk with the heat and humidity. He might hold up a big crowd if it is a small walkway not to mention the slow walking mom.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom