Please Explain Emh Evening Times!?!

theflame

We are going in Oct. and I just wanted to know what the exact hours would be for AK on the day it is an EMH evening. It would normally close at 5pm during this week.:confused:

Should I avoid all parks with EMH? We will be park hopping for 5 days.:)

Thanks!:wave:

Rob562

We are going in Oct. and I just wanted to know what the exact hours would be for AK on the day it is an EMH evening. It would normally close at 5pm during this week.:confused:

Should I avoid all parks with EMH? We will be park hopping for 5 days.:)

Thanks!:wave:

Hours posted on the WDW website are the "published hours" for the parks. These are the hours that the parks are open for every Guest, no matter where they're staying. (How would you like to be staying at the Days Inn, see that Epcot is listed as open until 9PM, and then find out when you get to the park that you can only stay until 6PM?)

Evening EMH means that the park is open for 3 hours *beyond* the published hours. So in Animal Kingdom's case, any days the week you're going where AK is open for Evening EMH, it will remain open until 8PM for Disney Resort guests.
(Note that not all attractions are open for Morning and Evening EMH)

-Rob

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

You should be able to go on Disneyworld.com and check park hours. They also have extra magic hours posted.

I'll tell you this, we did extra magic hours once on our last trip. We did MGM at night and it was nuts. The place started filling up with people the later that it got in the afternoon. The fastpass machines were closed, but I am not sure if they do this all of the time. (we were there in Oct) I have read to avoid any park with extra magic hours at night, and I knew this but did it anyway. Like I said, we did it once.

I think that if you are going to take advantage of the extra park hour that the better choice would have to be the morning hours, but what do I know? :)

Upvote 0

brkgnews

Best case scenarios...

For morning EMH, go ahead and take advantage of it to ride a few "headliner" attractions before the general public opening time. Then, you can ride the minor stuff while everyone else is fighting over the E-tickets. Then, if you have a park hopper, hit another park that will likely be less crowded since a good many resort guests will still be at the Morning Hours park.

For evening EMH, stay as late as you can. The later it gets, the less crowded it is. I actually suggest getting dinner right around park closing, giving the first rush of people to EMH attractions right after fireworks time to clear out. After that, most stuff will be a ten minute wait or less. The closer you get to midnight (providing the parks close around 9PM), the more stuff becomes essentially walk-on. Around 11:45 one night, we rode test track five times straight without even getting out of the car!

An alternate option for evening magic hours is to skip that park on EMH night, then hit it right at opening on the next morning, since presumably everyone else went there "yesterday" and also stayed up late.

I've heard some people say that the best time to hit the parks is early early early on January 1st, since everyone stayed up till well past midnight the night before, and is either tired or hungover. :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom