please explain charging to your room?

parker kim

Original Poster
Hi can someone please explain what the process for them holding your crited card and chargeing to your room for meals and such. Did you like this? Could it cause any prombles like things being charged to you that you did not get thanks we leave next sat. :sohappy: :sohappy:

GenerationX

When you check-in, you provide your credit card. During your stay, anytime you are on Disney property you can pay with your resort card. At the end of your stay, all of the charges made on your resort card are transferred to the credit card you provided at check-in. You are also given an itemized bill of your charges.

We've done this several times and have never had a problem with it.

Have a great trip! :wave:

reptar77

I perfer the room charge, I have 1 credit card that is soley for disney. I use it to book the room, food, gifts, etc. At the end of your stay you will get a detailed sheet that has everything itemized that you charged during your trip. I think this is safer than using a cc at the time of purchase.

parker kim

Original Poster
So, Will be there for 6 day a and check out on the 7 nothing we charge for the week will go on our credit card until we go over the list? Then ever thing is charged at that point from the parks? And do they keep your credit card at the resort for the week or store the numbers and information? thanks

jasondiff

When you check-in, you provide your credit card. During your stay, anytime you are on Disney property you can pay with your resort card. At the end of your stay, all of the charges made on your resort card are transferred to the credit card you provided at check-in. You are also given an itemized bill of your charges.

We've done this several times and have never had a problem with it.

Have a great trip! :wave:

Actually the charges made to your resort card are processed at the end of your stay or when you hit the resort charging limit, which varies by resort level (I think $500 for value, $1000 for mod, $1500 for deluxe). So your credit card could be charged in the middle of your trip if you hit the limit, then again when you check out.

I use the resort charge all the time, it allows me to travel propertywide with nothing more than the keycard, ticket, and driver's license. Makes for a light wallet! One of the nicest things is the itemized list you get at checkout, so you can see all your spending listed in one place. In addition the itemized list is coded for each keycard so you can easily track which keycard (and therefore which member of your party) made a particular charge.

jasondiff

So, Will be there for 6 day a and check out on the 7 nothing we charge for the week will go on our credit card until we go over the list? Then ever thing is charged at that point from the parks? And do they keep your credit card at the resort for the week or store the numbers and information? thanks

If you hit the resort charge limit the charges will be processed at that time. Charges are processed again late the night before checkout, usually after 11pm, and the itemized list is put into an envelope and slid under your door. So the morning of checkout you can go over the list and if everything is ok then there is no need to stop at the front desk to check out.
They swipe your cc number into the computer when you check in, they do not keep your credit card.
Hope this helps!

Tiggerfanatic

Hi can someone please explain what the process for them holding your crited card and chargeing to your room for meals and such. Did you like this? Could it cause any prombles like things being charged to you that you did not get thanks we leave next sat. :sohappy: :sohappy:
Hey, fellow Greene County, have a good time!! I'm so-o-o-o jealous - still have 50 days to go - TTFN!!

durangojim

Yes, you just use the same card, and it will automatically deduct the dining points from the card. It all has to do with the magnetic coding.

MickeyTigg

Actually the charges made to your resort card are processed at the end of your stay or when you hit the resort charging limit, which varies by resort level (I think $500 for value, $1000 for mod, $1500 for deluxe). So your credit card could be charged in the middle of your trip if you hit the limit, then again when you check out.

And if you want, you can pay this at any time if you don't want the charges processed at the end of your stay.

sring

What about a debit card? If you have the resort level on your card will they put the charges on this?

Typically a hold is placed against your available credit on a credit card, to ensure there is sufficient available credit to pay for the charge limit the resort grants. If they accept a debit card (and I don't know this for a fact..someone else can likely provide feedback), a hold may be placed against funds in the bank account used to support the debit card.

Let's say you have $2000 in available credit on a credit card. Disney puts a $1500 hold against that available credit to give you room charging capabilities. You then have $500 in available credit for purchasing other things not charged to your room. Try to purchase something for $500.01 and the charge is subject to be declined until the hold is cleared and the actual charges on your room are posted to your account. For a debit card (even for a credit card) , even though Disney may transmit the actual charges and release the hold on the balance several times a day (or even real time) it may take several days for your bank to process it.

Just something to be aware of if you;re getting close to a credit limit, or may need to access your cash and it's tight.

rhodehogg

Just got back on Sat. I used my debit card and had a hard time when the resort tried to transfer my charges over. I did not know that my debit card had a cap of $500 per day on it, and when the resort tried to roll over the $508 that I had put on my room key account, the bank denied it. We had plenty of money in the account. I just had to call the bank and we rolled over $250 a day instead of the $500 at one time. It wasn't a big deal - I just wish I would have known it before to save me some unneeded stress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom