Please dont change Spaceship Earth

Dayma

Original Poster
Am I the only person that does not really enjoy roller coasters? I really LOVE these classic rides and this is what keeps me coming back. I just hope that Disney does not forget that what makes peoples trips so special is that each ride no matter how old represents something special for each generation. I understand that they need to make new rides but cant they be put somewhere else so that the classis Disney stuff is not hurt?

How many people hate that rides like 20,000 Leagues Under the sea is gone and NOTHING in its place? This was one of my favorite rides like Spaceship earth but now it is gone and for NO reason.

Am I the only one upset by this?

Thanks

jaimjaim25

im very much upset!!!! AT LEAST KEEP THAT THE SAME!!!! i dont care if they change everything else, but for gods sake, keep spaceship earth!!

MaxPower

What I would like to see is something between a coaster and the current ride. Something that keeps the educational aspects of the ride but gives you a small kick in the pants here and there (like that first downhill in Pirates or the over the falls on the Maelstrom @ Norway).

Now that I have a little one, I'm even more saddened by everything becoming a 48" and over ride.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the current theme of riding through the evolution of human communication still gives me chills everytime.

justinsul1

Maybe I'm the only one, but the current theme of riding through the evolution of human communication still gives me chills everytime. [/B][/QUOTE]

NOT MAYBE, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE (EXCEPT FOR U DISNEY FREAKS)

Epcot is my fav

Spaceship Earth makes Epcot!!!!!! its the one thing i look forward to riding when i arrives because it starts off my day in Epcot, without Spaceship Earth Epoct is lost in my mind...because i start my day off with it and it makes me feel at ease.......Dont change it to Time Racers....please.........

Dayma

Original Poster
I am thinking I may actually write Disney about this. I am NOT one to complain and actually feel bad doing so because I LOVE Disney.

I am 25 and we are going to have kids soon and I agree that a lot of the new rides I could not take kids on. I hope to give my kids the joy of Disney that I had growing up but if they cant go on any of the new rides it will not be the same experience for them......

VinnieG

They should just leave SE alone, the only thing is maybe to update it or give it a good cleanup.SE should remain the same and really felt sad on my last trip there last week feeling that next time when I goto EPCOT it will not be the same.Its bad enough the COP is never open.

wdwforus

Originally posted by MaxPower

Now that I have a little one, I'm even more saddened by everything becoming a 48" and over ride. [/B]

It didnt hurt our feelings at all that the rides have those kinds of height requirements. Our kids werent mature enough to handle the bigger rides when we went last year so now i have an excuse to go again cause they want to ride them now. We did SM and BTMRR and POTC but thats about it. TOT was totally out of the question. My wife wont do most fast coasters so guess who gets to go. :)

FigmentJedi

I hereby dedicate the preserve epcot society. It is for preventing time racers and project Gemini and for keeping old Epcot alive in our hearts and memories.

wdwforus

I also think that maybe Disney ought to create a new park of just extreme thrill rides. It is, in my opinion, nice to update some of the current parks over the years but I still want all the classics. I hated it when 20,000 went. I loved that ride. Telling all my friends I was in a submarine! But, when they want to invent a new screamer ride then why not have a park just for that stuff. It might help with some of the crowds at the other parks, for the people who dont want or cant do those types of rides, and provide an outlet for another demographic.

meeko_33785

I think it would be a shame to see the last of the 80s omnimover rides disappear from the park where that was once a staple, but time moves on. EPCOT has no roller coasters and in a world where coasters are the most popular theme park attraction, it is not lucrative to snub that type of attraction. Of course, I like the wand and some of the proposed Gemini improvemets (bring on the trees! I hate to think that the world of tomorrow is a concrete jungle) so what do I know.

Crazy4Figment

Look I love coasters and thrill rides but the idea of getting rid of SE or other classic dark rides :mad: this really ticks me off. All my trips to WDW (and other Fl.parks for that matter) are family trips. Yes I like thrill rides but I also love sharing the classic ride experiences with those that don't care for coasters. Should WDW build thrill rides? Of course but not at the expense of the so called "outdated" or "lame rides". You can't take your 5 year old niece or grandmother on coasters and who wants to spend $50 bucks a ticket to go on a few rides? There is plenty of space to build these "much needed thrill rides" leave the classics alone! If I want coaster thrills I'll save a fortune and just go to Six Flags,WDW is a as corny as it sounds(but true) a magical experience to be shared with family and loved ones. I really hope SE is left alone hopefully the disney powers that be are listening. Oh and while I'm venting BRING BACK MR. TOAD's WILD RIDE NOW!!!

Sir Hiss527

SE is a good ride, and makes Epcot all the way. But a coaster would be good too. I'm all for both ideas of Epcot. Even though I would hate to see another classic vanish. But has it actually been confirmed yet, about changing SE? If you still have time, make a petition. I'll sign.

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

MicBat

Spaceship Earth has always been a favorite of mine. I remember being really young (probably 4/5) and hearing tomorrow's child and absolutely loving it! This isn't the same for everyone, though. When I went to WDW for Grad Nite, all my friends absolutely hated it! (needless to say, I was mad at them until they told me they "loved it" :hammer: ) They said it stopped too many times throughout and was just too slow and boring. Although I would hate to see it leave, SE is in need of some kind of a rehab.

imagineer boy

Hy guys, we're not even 100% percent sure if Time Racers is happening. Besides, it's not rumored to be a roller coaster. It will be impossible to make a roller coaster inside the geodesic sphere. It's supposed to be sort of like test track. Somthing like that.

wizard12

I like roller coasters but I find that Spaceship Earth is fun. You look at technology and how it could aadvance in a while. I like it and they shouldn't change it unless it has to do with today. If they predicted something would happen and it didn't or vice versa.

Michael72688

I'm sorry but the only thing that ride is good for is the A/C. It really needs to, if Disney wants to make Epcot a place where the entire family wants to go, there gonna have to add more thrills

wdwforus

Originally posted by Michael72688
I'm sorry but the only thing that ride is good for is the A/C. It really needs to, if Disney wants to make Epcot a place where the entire family wants to go, there gonna have to add more thrills

I dont think that Epcot was originally visioned as a thrill ride park though. That would kill the theme of it....technology, history, arts, culture. I think anyone can take something from this park. Not everything has to put you on the edge of your seat.

Frank4669

"I am thinking I may actually write Disney about this. I am NOT one to complain and actually feel bad doing so because I LOVE Disney.

I am 25 and we are going to have kids soon and I agree that a lot of the new rides I could not take kids on. I hope to give my kids the joy of Disney that I had growing up but if they cant go on any of the new rides it will not be the same experience for them......

I am thinking I may actually write Disney about this. I am NOT one to complain and actually feel bad doing so because I LOVE Disney."

That's why you should write...not to complain but to show them the light. We ARE Disney and they should hear how we feel. Leave SE alone!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom