Playhouse Disney

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
oh no, that's the best thing about being in Disney. Everyone is a kid again and you don't look silly doing anything. Like wearing a giant green goofy hat! Its all good in Disney World!!!

Figaro

Actually, you can ask most cast members if a character is going to be around that day. They have a special "hotline" they can call. We asked a woman who worked at one of the stores at MGM if Bear was coming the day we were there and she was able to call and find out. Unfortunately, he wasn't coming out that day.

Just some useful information for you :)

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
That's great information, thanks a lot. Wonder if they know in advance at all. It'd be tough to go the Studios every day just to check and see if Bear was going tot be there. But if that's what I have to do for my little Princess to see Bear, that's what I'll do!!!

Figaro

We tried....no luck :( That was the only thing we really, really wanted to do special for our son....get him to see Bear. When the woman called to find out if he would be appearing, they told us he wouldn't be out for the whole week we were there. We tried to tell them that it was his 2nd birthday, his favorite character, etc.......nothing.

We went at a really bad time so maybe you'll have better luck during the busier times of year. If you do, let me know! :)

BigNorm

I haven't seen the Playhouse Disney show, but I did see Bear in the Big Blue House, rather begrudingly, a few years ago, and to my surprise it was pretty good. I know that the Playhouse Disney show is in the Animation Courtyard at Disney Studios.:D

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
figaro - what time of year did you go? We tend to go in the off season as well. December is our favorite and sometimes we go in January as well. Certainly not busy times.

Figaro

Our last trip was Sept 11-19 2001, so it was a very "off" time to go. When we went in September, we were really looking for Bear to bring some excitement to the trip. My DH and I were walking around like zombies the whole time so we really wanted to give our son something special to remember.

We usually go in September and/or March, depending on the financial situation :animwink: When we went in March 2001, we didn't get a chance to meet Bear either but we didn't really look into it too much at the time.

On the bright side, he did finally get to meet Bear at the Bronx Zoo for the Boo at the Zoo event about a month later. He loved it! I really wish they could do something at MGM so the kids could meet him.

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Well a september trip is closer than our maybe-december trip. If you find anything out, let me know!!

A Bear ride would be cool, as long as there aren't any of shadow's stories. Don't quite understand what their thinking with those.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom