Playhouse Disney

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Does anyone know if/where I can take my daughter to meet the characters from Playhouse Disney? Specifically Bear. We were visiting in January and I asked if we could meet Bear and a CM told me 'not today'. Is there some sort of schedule or something?
Thanks.

WDWspider

Do tell, I have a major Bear fan at home as well, I would love to know where you can find him. Also, I would like to know a little more about the Playhouse Disney show at MGM, what's it like?

Don L Duck

Originally posted by spider-man
Do tell, I have a major Bear fan at home as well, I would love to know where you can find him. Also, I would like to know a little more about the Playhouse Disney show at MGM, what's it like?
It's fantastic with Bear,Rolie Polie Olie,Pooh and Friends and Stanley.Show is well done and very exciting for the little ones.I saw it 3 times:lol:

GGG1

The Playhouse Disney show was great, it seemed like all of the kids loved seeing the characters on stage. Highly recommended for the little ones!

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
its really a fun show. you sit on the floor below stage level. Most of the playhouse disney characters are there. The story revolves around the Bear crew, but pulls in everyone (except PB&J otter, I think) There's much singing and dancing. Fun is had by all.

As far as I know, all the characters are puppets, except Bear. Which would make sense, cause the commercials on PHD that talk about the show have Bear getting out of a car and you see him walking towards animation courtyard.

WDWspider

How long does it last? Is it more like the Little Mermaid show where you wait in line til next showing, or is it scheduled at certain times like the Beauty and the Beast Show?

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
From what I remember....both. They have scheduled times ( and they didn't have fast pass when we were there). But the show is really popular with the little ones, so there's a line before each show.
Just to put it in perspective, we went in mid-january. We didn't wait any longer than 10 minutes for any ride in any park, on any day (universal included)!!!! Most were walk ons, even the coasters! But we waited for over half an hour for the PHD show. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it, but its popular.

Don L Duck

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
From what I remember....both. They have scheduled times ( and they didn't have fast pass when we were there). But the show is really popular with the little ones, so there's a line before each show.
Just to put it in perspective, we went in mid-january. We didn't wait any longer than 10 minutes for any ride in any park, on any day (universal included)!!!! Most were walk ons, even the coasters! But we waited for over half an hour for the PHD show. Don't get me wrong, it was worth it, but its popular.
Beleive me young and old will not be dissapointed it's well woth the wait ,and it is like waiting for lillte mermaid.I think there's about 5 or 6 shows a day first one is usually between 10:00 and 10:30 last's about 25 minutes from start to finish including filling up the audience:D

Dawn S

I took my son to see it last time we were there & although he would have LOVED to meet Bear :( , he still had a blast. He was shaking his rump & screaming with all the other kids. It was like an NSYNC concert for toddlers. :lol: He was so thrilled about it...everytime a character came out, he looked at me with this look of awe & then screeched that character's name. It almost put me in tears, honestly. The show is a lot of fun...even the adults were singing along & having a blast. Truthfully, I'd go see it even without my son! :eek:

LoriL

Shows run on a schedule but you need to get into line before the show in order to be sure of getting in (the line seemed very long but we still got in). You cannot meet the characters anywhere, though. My son loved this too but he wanted MORE BEAR! and less of the other characters. The show is about 20 minutes long.

WDWspider

Thanks, if Bear is that popular, I know my son loves him, they should make a Sit Down Ride through Bear's House, with Animatronic versions of all the characters. How about Shadow on the wall talking to everyone. This could be a major family ride for MGM and something that is very absent from this park. They could even simulate the outside and go to the Otter Pond. Oh well, it seems like a smart move, since MGM is very kid friendly (minus ToT and RnR).

Quentin Disney

When Bear in the Big Blue House was being changed over to Playhouse Disney, you could actually meet Bear in the ABC theatre. Too bad he doesn't do that anymore...

Figaro

My son loved the original Bear show! He was so dissappointed last time when we went and they were changing it over to Playhouse Disney show. (Don't get me wrong, he'll probably love the new show too when we go in Sept) We were told they had a meet and greet with Bear during renovations, but when we got there...no Bear :(

Ironically, he got to meet Bear a month later here in NY at the Bronx Zoo. :rolleyes: He was so excited! I really wish they had some kind of meet/greet with him at MGM. From what I understand though it'll never happen. The costume is just way too heavy and hot for him to be out in the FL sun for long periods of time.

Love the ride idea! :)

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
Bummer. I'm sure Bear would be a very very popular character for the little ones to meet. I guess the outfit would be a bit heavy. Although the Balou costume isn't that small and they do have indoor areas to meet the characters. Maybe they have Bear somewhere......

WDWspider

Well, real bear has one false arm connected with a wire to the other so when he cha cha cha's his arms alternate being raised in the air. This allows the other arm to be free to open and close the mouth. However, I don't see why they couldn't do a simplified version where the mouth does not open so kids could meet him, if the false arm and positioning of the person inside is the problem. I figured the false arm is what makes it heavy and hard to move around. Besides, you can meet and greet Ariel, and she doesn't have legs, so surely they can work out something for Bear. How was it during the temp. meet and greet?

Pioneer Hall

Bear is the only character from Playhouse that can be seen SOMETIMES. He is not out and about often in the studios but sometimes he is out there signing autographs. Your best bet is to check with guest relations when you get to the park and ask if he will be out today.

Jedi Osborn

Original Poster
DisneyInsider - That was the answer I was looking for. I knew there had to be some way to meet him. So I guess that's the plan then. On our next trip (Decerber???) we'll check w/ guest relations and see if we can meet Bear!!!

kal1484

I wanted to go see that show, but my friend said no....two 17 year olds watching it would of looked a little odd anyways. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom