PLAY STAY DINE WATCH 2017

Magical Dreamer

Excited to hopefully complete the final leg of booking for our upcoming January vacation by modifying our reservation to include a Stay Play Dine 2017 promotion.

Stay Play Dine is a roughly a $1,500 savings on our family of 5's 10-night stay.

Hope it's repeated for 2017

Play Stay Dine was released to Disney Visa holders on 09/24 last year

Last edited:

couchpotatooo

Last time we did the dine, stay, and play deal the dining was free but they changed that this year :(. Our dates were March 17-25 this year and I believe they only discount was for a room rate. Was hoping for a better discount. May try to go in June 1-10 in stead will see if any other deals come out.

Upvote 0

SDisney90

With or without the discount?

Without, I believe it's currently around $64/night for adults (roughly).
With this discount, we don't have an exact breakdown of the nightly price for dining. This discount offers savings on your entire package when you bundle your room, tickets, and dining together.
Thanks I was trying to figure without, total savings for 1/22-1/29 at All Star Sports was $259.00. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea because I like to keep all the receipts and jot down how much our meals were on them. At the end of the trip I like to tally everything up and see where we ended up. This past January we were up on the DP by 40 dollars, not much but hey it's something.

This year what we did was take our original package price with dining and then subtract our discount from the SP&D offer. Guess we will have to stick to doing it this way for next year.

*I personally love the DP because we don't have to worry about paying when we get there regardless if we get the most expensive meal(which most of the time we don't)

Upvote 0

sissa216

You're welcome!

That makes sense. We do the same.

We have often saved hundreds with the dining plan (even if you don't factor in discounts)- but I have a 4 year old. The child's dining plan is between $20-25 per night. Most character buffets are at least that much.

Then when you factor in the quick service meal (Disney allows kids to order adult meals, so we do that and share- eating more often), as well as the snack (which we max out the value with)- we do end up saving quite a bit!

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Thanks I was trying to figure without, total savings for 1/22-1/29 at All Star Sports was $259.00. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea because I like to keep all the receipts and put how much our meals were on them. At the end of the trip I like to tally everything up and see where we ended up. This past January we were up on the DP by 40 dollars, not much but hey it's something.

This year what we did was take our original package price with dining and then subtract our discount from the SP&D offer. Guess we will have to stick to doing it this way for next year.

*I personally love the DP because we don't have to worry about paying when we get there regardless if we get the most expensive meal(which most of the time we don't)
I agree we totally like DP dining, your worries about where and what to eat and when you want to eat is all done ahead so you just need to plan you days in the park. Room discounts never add up to more saving then does free dining so we always try our best to get it but doesn't look like like our next trip will have dining plan.:(

Upvote 0

SDisney90

Did some quick math before I head into work...looks like gibberish to me but I think I have found my final answer.
Before SP&D
$1569.12 without dining plan
$2,511.74 with dining plan
$942.62 for dining plan for 2 people

With SP&D offer
$2,252.18 with SP&D
$260.00 savings from original package

With SP&D Savings, DP = $682.62

Looks like that's my final number, and what I will try to break even or surpass during our stay!:) phew, I'm not sure if I want to go to work now:p

Upvote 0

SDisney90

I agree we totally like DP dining, your worries about where and what to eat and when you want to eat is all done ahead so you just need to plan you days in the park. Room discounts never add up to more saving then does free dining so we always try our best to get it but doesn't look like like our next trip will have dining plan.:(
Aw :( but hey that's okay..I've unfortunately never experienced any other discount than the SP&D because I can only head to the world during January. I work two full time job's and a bunch of black out dates :arghh:

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Were going one way or the other just trying to figure out the best deal, like the rest of is trying to do. Our dates our march 17-25, but know I think I'm looking at June 1-10 parks stay open later and they might just have the same room discount then.

Upvote 0

sissa216

Which resort are you looking at?

It's one of those things where package discounts may open up some. Hipefukky we'll continue to see that trend.

Room discounts can be a huge savings at a deluxe, but not quite as much at a value. Often at a value, the package discount is much better.

Did you try for the "gift of magic" package? For all those I changed this morning, it was coming up about the same as S/P/D. There's just different availability beteeen the offers.

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

Were looking at CB were staying March 17-25 or June 1-10, the best I could find so far for my family of 5 was 3723.55, with a water room. 9days/8 nights with base tickets. This was for the March dates. we were hoping for free dining or something similar which would really help out but it didn't happen so we are also looking at June 1-10. The June dates park is much hotter but the parks stay open much later then March and probably offer more evening shows. I'm not sure what to do at the moment. :confused:

Upvote 0

sissa216

I particularly enjoy those June dates. It's definitely hot, but the crowds aren't usually bad! But then again- Flower and Garden is amazing!

Discounts have seemed similar beteeen the two sets of dates in recent years. It's just hard to say because availability varies so much.

Upvote 0

couchpotatooo

yeah I'm evening trying to see if we go in Feb like maybe 10-18 what you think of that, last time we went in Feb the weather was really odd that year and it was really, really cold. wasn't fun.

Upvote 0

sissa216

Presidents' Day brings crowds- but it looks like the holiday is a bit late next year (the 20th). So you would avoid most of the higher crowds during the first part of your trip, but would run into them towards the end of your trip.

Weather definitely can be hit or miss though, I agree. It's generally mild that time of year. I've been in December with record cold temps. It's definitely a different experience! But we had sweatshirts, hats, and gloves and still had a good time.

If the discount is available and a great savings those dates, it may be worth it to you. But if it's not much better then your other choices, it sounds like warmer weather is the way to go!

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

My 14 night stay at CBR got knocked down by $373. Better than nothing.

What I'm trying to look into now is the fact that the discount is against the room, but not the tickets. The Canadian offer should knock $263 off those as well, but apparently it's not factored into the package.

Do I really need to book room & tickets separately? Seems silly to me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom