Platinum Dining Plan - have you done this?

Mike&AllisMom

Original Poster
We are going on our first trip to Disney next October. We are a family of 4 - son is 7, daughter is 5. We are considering the Platinum Dining Plan and I am wondering how many of you have used this one and if you felt it was worth the price? I realize everyone has a different opinion of "worth", so please give me yours, good or bad ;)

EmOhYouEssE

do you mean the platinum plan that includes some tours/3 meals a day/activities like parasailing and such or the Deluxe Dining Plan (DxDDP) that only includes the meals?

We have thought of doing the platinum plan on our next trip at least for half so that it gives us a chance to do the things we have put off for a while (such as some tours). On that note, the reason we haven't done it in the past was because we always felt that some of the activities and such would take away park time. Now that we have the opportunity to enjoy WDW and DL much more, it is more feasible for us to branch out and try the platinum plan. Our personal opinion is that we would need to utilize many of the tours and whatnot to get the value.

Now the DxDDP, that is three meals a day (or I should say, three meal credits pp per night of your stay). These can be used at either table service or counter service. I have read that some prefer to maybe do a character meal for breakfast and the higher signature restaurants (requiring two meal credits) for dinner and supplementing their lunch with snack credits.

I think it all depends on your family's touring style and the type of things you would enjoy.

Whatever you decide, have a magical trip!

Em

DisneyJoe

IF I was to ever do the MYW w Platinum package, I would get it with a 4-day base ticket so I would have entry into the parks for the following - otherwise, I would do little to no park touring while on this plan:

- I would schedule 1 theme park tour per day, 1 per park
- I would use the preferred fireworks viewing areas, 1 park per day
- 1 reserved seating for Fantasmic
- I would maximize the remaining free time with fine dining, mostly Signature restaurants and dinner shows - and recreation such as golf or water sports or horseback riding
- 1 trip to Cirque du Soliel
- 1 spa treatment
- if I had children with me, I would take advantage of the child care options, as children can't go on many of the tours or to the spa treatment

I would plan everything out very carefully to maximize the value of the plan.

I would then probably plan a mini-vacation either before or after the platinum plan so that I could tour the parks.

Mike&AllisMom

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your responses! I think maybe we should do the premium or deluxe plans. Since this is our first visit we would not be likely to use all of the platinum options. Maybe for our second trip :)

Jimmy Thick

I have actually done the Platinum, and honestly...

Its a lot of food.

Now if your a big eater, 3 meals a day is ok, but I usually do the regular dining plan and that is always more then enough. But I suppose it depends where you eat at. If I did the Platinum again, I would avoid buffets like the plague.

anyone know who much that package cost? What is the difference between the Premium and Platinum? Whats the difference in price? Thanks in advance!

chipndale76

I think it was double the price of the basic meal plan. I forget exact numbers, but we are a family of 2 adults/2 children, and I remember it being about double the price. For us it was too many meals and just didn't make sense for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom