Plastic Orange-Shaped Cups...

daverube

Original Poster
at the Sunshine Tree Terrace.

OK, maybe I'm showing a bit of age, but does anyone remember getting orange juice in a plastic orange-shaped cup at the Sunshine Tree Terrace after sitting through the Tiki Birds?? Also, they had a green plastic straw.

I guess I should've posted this under the "Things I Miss" thread that just went around, but I've just thought of it. Man, those were fun to drink out of....especially with the steel-drum band playing in the plaza....

dave

maggiegrace1

Hey..I am from New Orleans also...Well, Metairie really but close enough..:)

We used to get them all the time..I thought they were cool..:)

mikeanabean

Also when the Crystal Palace was a Cafeteria not a character thing and Tonys Towne Square cafe was Oscar Meyer with the little person walked around as the chef.

Miss Bell

I remember cups like that, but not from WDW. When I was a kid we used to drive from Texas to Fort Lauderdale to visit my uncle. When you first got into Florida, there were huge OJ places that sold fresh squeezed OJ in those cups ( or ones similar to them.)

a2grafix

mikeanabean said:
I remember those and paper straws.

Ditto. I remember them well.

I believe WDW is / was the only place I knew where you could get a drink and get a paper straw with it.

But those orange-round shaped drinks were cool. Very cool. Something that set other parks apart.

MarkeyMouse

blast from the past

Oh My Gosh How exciting in 1973 they gave those out when they were promoting the Florida ORANGE BIRD!!! My father kept telling me just because we were going to Disney we may not see Orange Bird..... Well guess what through the Magic of Disney I hold dear to my heart.. at the front gate there he was orange bird!!!! My father was speechless, I was 5 and remember him looking at my mother in amazement!! That's when they said Happy Birthday!!!
Wow thats when I had recieved my 1st orange cup!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

FanofDinsey1981

OH WOW. I just had one of those flashback moments!

I do believe they had the grape ones too. The orange didn't kickstart the memory,but the mention of the grape shape did.......I am going to have to call dad to see if he remembers too. He remembers stuff like that.....

swimmom

And there were commercials on TV with Nannette Fabre (I think????) singing a song about the Florida sunshine tree & orange juice with natural vitamin C. My cousin & I had to have the orange drinks!!!!

mmssbrg2

I think I seem to remember these as well... Vaguely... Does anyone have any pictures of these to further jumpstart the old memory? I seem to remember something like this at Busch Gardens too (or maybe those were animals). Maybe I'm confusing my parks. It was a long time ago and I was very young.

Ringo8n24

Gosh, thanks for the memory. :) I loved those things and had completely forgotten about them. It was a staple every time we went to WDW to get a Florida Orange cup. I know I saw one in a box at my parent's house and probably have one in a picture somewhere. I do remember grape, too. I also remember my dad keeping us on a really tight budget and complaining that those were expensive in those days. Looking back, I bet it was dirt cheap compared to what we pay today for a Coke. :lol:

I also remember them being NOT very thirst quenching, but they were cute.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom