plastic gorrillas?

seabee1

Original Poster
Does anyone remember the machines that you could put your money in and it would mold you a plastic gorrilla. I think you could get it in black or red. They were somewhere in MK. My wife thinks I am crazy, can someone confirm this for me. It was around 1986? Maybe.:confused:

seabee1

Original Poster
I've never been there, so it can't be that. I swear it was Disney. I never really went anywhere else as a kid.

BaTWING_2000

I know.... But it wasn't Disney...

Hello,

I don't think that Disney ever did that... (they've awlays stuck with the coin pressing machine.... which they really tried to promote with their 25 year special edition anniversary collection.)
The plastic animal molds are at Gatorland Zoo. (Could it be that you remember it from there?) As far as I know, Gatorland zoo had a whole collection of those plastic animal molding machines, the ones that stick out in my memory are the Gorilla and the Dolphin.... But I don't recall it being at the Walt Disney World Parks.... Sorry.

Number_6

They are called Mold-A-Rama machinces. Mostly you find them at Zoos across the country, but according to the website for them, there have been ones that made Disney characters. So it is possible that there were some at WDW at one point in time, but they are not there now that I have seen:
http://www.moldaramaville.com/

Edit: Here's a link to an old version of the machine that they had out at Disneyland in Anaheim. This one is apparently from the 1960s, so now I'm not sure if they ever made it out to WDW, but we at least know they were at DL:
http://www.billyseven.net/mar/images/dismar.jpg

MissM

I got a manatee one from Lowery Park Zoo in Tampa about 15 years ago or more. :) I don't recall any from WDW though.
-m

swimmom

I've visited 20 plus times since 1974 and never have seen them at WDW, but have seen them at Brookfield Zoo in Chicago and the Indianapolis Zoo.

ToTBellHop

Don't recall them ever being at WDW, but I definitely remember getting them when I was a little kid at Gatorland...thanks for the memories! I had forgotten about them :D

lamarvenoy

I remember getting some as a kid, they were almost like wax and very slick and had a great candle/petroleum smell.They broke easy too:D

yensid63

Boy, this brings back memories. I still have the gator I got at Gatorland.
I don't remember ever seeing one of those machines at WDW, but I have seen them at other locations in Florida.:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I remember these things from Silver Springs in Florida. They were located in a hallway between the gift shop ant the cafeteria. You would put in your money and in a few minutes you would have a 200 degree giraffe or gorilla in your hands.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom