planning on first trip 2006....

beauty_Belle27

Original Poster
help about hotels

well,I hope this is in the right place(if not it can be moved :) ).I was wondering about hotels.My family can't fit in the Disney hotels on the budget we want to pay(us-6 people,room capacity-4),so I was wondering if you all have any tips on how to stay at disney.We wanted to stay in a value resort :cry: .Is the room capacity for real,or does it matter?

shoppingnut

Yes, six people in a room would be horrible, not to mention the issues with the bathroom. The value resorts have two double beds in them, where the deluxe have two queens. I personally think that 4 in a value resort would be tight if they were all adults. If you got two adjoining rooms that would be much better.

One way to save some money would be to buy an annual pass for one individual in the group, as they offer various passholder hotel discounts throughout the year. Check out www.mousesavers.com it will give you an idea of the current discounts. Also, as an AP holder you will be entitled to buy the Disney Dining Card which you would be entitled to 20% off you food & beverages at most Disney restaurants. Check out www.allearsnet.com for the details and I know there have been a few threads on the subject that will help answer questions.

Laura

Premium Member
My family of 4 (2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 baby) were very crowded in the value resorts. I can't imagine having even more people than that in the room. I don't think we'll stay at a value resort again for a long time just because we were so squished.

You're either going to have to get 2 rooms, or get a larger room at a deluxe resort. Like at the Polynesian you can fit 5 people plus 1 infant in a crib in a room, but it is also expensive (even with AP discounts). You could also stay off site in a suite or vacation rental.

beauty_Belle27

Original Poster
thanx!!we've stayed in pretty small rooms in hotels and could fit,though we have two adults,a 12 year old,a 4 yr old,a 8 year old,and a 9 year old.
We're trying to save money,but we were thinking of getting two rooms,or staying off-site.

DocOrange

The least expensive place to stay on property is Fort Wilderness. The cabins there are really nice, and they come with kitchens, so you can save money by preparing your own breakfast and dinner (assuming you'll be busy at a park during the day at lunchtime). An even cheaper option is to tent camp there, but you wouldn't want to do that during a Florida summer.

beauty_Belle27

Original Poster
DocOrange said:
The least expensive place to stay on property is Fort Wilderness. The cabins there are really nice, and they come with kitchens, so you can save money by preparing your own breakfast and dinner (assuming you'll be busy at a park during the day at lunchtime). An even cheaper option is to tent camp there, but you wouldn't want to do that during a Florida summer.
awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom