Planning My December WDW Trip

will_hsv

I am planning on visiting WDW December 10 - 18. I know that this is part of the value season, but I was wondering when and if there would be better discounts for this time.

Also, We may have 6 adults and 3 children. This is my family 2 adults 2 children (8 and 5), my parents and my brother's family 2 adults and 1 child (1 1/2) So we are probably looking at three rooms or maybe two if my parents and brother want to share. Which resorts would everyone here recommend? We would really like to do a moderate or Wilderness Lodge or Fort Wilderness(my favorite of all time where we used to stay when I was a kid).

Any info, hints or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

auroraarielella

Three rooms at a value or moderate would give everyone some space, and more bathrooms. But watch for the Pop Warner cheerleading competition in early December if you're at a value resort. We were at AllStar Movies that week and they were rowdy at the pools and food court. I have to admit that Disney did a pretty good job with room assignments - we did not have any trouble with noise in our room.

A 2 BR Villa at Wilderness Lodge Villas would keep you all together and would give you a deluxe resort with a kitchen (which can save money and can be more relaxing for breakfasts and even lunch when little ones are tired and you want to go back to your room and make a PBJ rather than wait for a restaurant). Get a car service to pick you up at the airport in a van - most do a complimentary grocery stop.

You did not indicate if you would camp (can't help you there) or do a wilderness cabin at Fort Wilderness - but be warned that they are far out, and most people reccomend having a car. Until you get through the Ft. Wilderness transportation to the Disney transportation it can take over an hour to get to a park.

Upvote 0

will_hsv

Original Poster
Thanks, If we were to stay at Fort Wilderness it would definitley be in one of the cabins. Unfortunatley, no trailer/rv in our near future.

Also, has anyone stayed in the villas at Wilderness Lodge, How are they? Anyone have any good pictures?

Upvote 0

Thumper's Mom

Another vote for the cabins here!! :sohappy: In fact, we'll be staying in one the same week you'll be there!! :D I don't find FW difficult at all when it comes to getting to the parks. I've stayed in FW twice before and it NEVER took anywhere near an hour to get to any park (and that includes time on their internal buses!).

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I am looking to stay at the Wilderness this December. I hope they release some discount codes again this year. I believe last year it was September or October when they release d them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom